• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants focalin for recreational use?

da.curious.monkee

Greenlighter
to start off, i know these questions have been asked before in the past but my brain is getting the best of me, hence why i'm writing this now.

about 6 months ago, i was prescribed focalin xr (dexmethylphenidate if you want the fancy term) as i had recently been diagnosed with adhd. started with 10 mg, then 15, and now we're at 20. i'd never taken it recreationally, not because i was afraid, just because i never really wanted to. however, after some (bad but good) influences from a few friends yesterday, i opened up three of the capsules, put the little beads under my tongue, and waited for them to dissolve. i got lazy, so i started chewing, and about a minute or two later, i'd taken them all (i'm not a fan of snorting, and i'm not really looking for the strong initial "hit"). my heart rate spiked, as expected, but honestly, i was expecting more, i'm not sure more of what, but it just felt almost anticlimactic from all the hype i'd heard about adderall and focalin. i mean, hell, i took 60 mg, shouldn't my tolerance still be weak enough for me to feel the full blown effects? i only remember a slight bit of euphoria, and weirdly enough, an insatiable urge to talk about politics.

i probably should mention that i'm a 6'4, 165 lb male, if that helps.

i think my question here is, did i make an error by chewing them? i'm pretty sure i crushed them all, and it was in my mouth so long i started to feel my tongue start to tingle (idk lol). if that's not the issue, then should i up the dose by another 20 mg? (apologies, i hope i'm not breaching any rules)

i would like to finalize this by saying that my use of focalin for recreational purposes is NOT a daily occurrence. for focus, yes, but in the prescribed amount. i like to think i have pretty strong self-control when it comes to using drugs.