• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Fluorinated amphetamines- dextro & levo

I had raging paranoia.... which only methamphetamine produced.

Not surprised you had paranoia with methamphetamine, The dopamine release it produces is so large and so long-lasting especially at higher doses. also, whilst I’ve heard that scientists claim that there is no difference between dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine at doses producing equivalent dopamine release this might not be entirely true. For example, methamphetamine apparently acts on different binding sites within the dopamine transporter than dextroamphetamine possibly making it more potent. furthermore, methamphetamine has potent Sigma1 receptor agonist activity which can contribute to behavioural sensitisation and at hi doses possibly neurotoxicity.

No - the 2 are significantly different. They are transported in different manners, I forget the details, but their is a very good reason why amphetamine finds far more use in medicine than methamphetamine,

Not surprised you had paranoia with methamphetamine, The dopamine release it produces is so large and so long-lasting especially at higher doses. also, whilst I’ve heard that scientists claim that there is no difference between dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine at doses producing equivalent dopamine release this might not be entirely true. For example, methamphetamine apparently acts on different binding sites within the dopamine transporter than dextroamphetamine possibly making it more potent. furthermore, methamphetamine has potent Sigma1 receptor agonist activity which can contribute to behavioural sensitisation and at hi doses possibly neurotoxicity.
No - the 2 are significantly different. They are transported in different manners, I forget the details, but their is a very good reason why amphetamine finds far more use in medicine than methamphetamine,

True, that’s probably why methamphetamine users tend to have many more psychological problems and age much more quickly than typical amphetamine users.

Sorry to bother you with so many questions, but just wondering if you saw my earlier reply to your post in which I asked you about phencamphamine.
If you’re happy to answer my questions, but haven’t seen them, I don’t mind reposting them. just very interested in this stimulant as it seems rather mild, Short-acting and pleasant from what I’ve read on Wikipedia. However, I can’t find any personal experiences apart from a few scattered reports in which it was mixed with other drugs.

Fencamfamine? It's a stimulant that also possesses opioid activity - like lefetamine. So it's far, far smoother. It fell out of use because it was more abusable than dexamphetamine.

Pity because it's synthesis really is interesting.

I think you're referring to the speed at which they cross the Blood Brain Barrier, IIRC Amphetamine does so at a much slower rate than Methamphetamine, which makes it less abusable by IV and also creates a lower ceiling of effects with any ROA.

I'm pretty sure IV dexamphetamine has a rush much like methamphetamine. In the UK we have 4 IV speed users for every IV H user.

I'm pretty sure IV dexamphetamine has a rush much like methamphetamine. In the UK we have 4 IV speed users for every IV H user.
We have an IV amphetamine user here, IIRC he said that mg per mg it's only marginally stronger/faster than snorting.
It's just that you can IV 1 gram in one shot, but you really can't snort it.

Do you have reference(s) for that ??

For once I admit that I cannot find an appropriate reference. I was given the information by Dr. Nuke AKA Dr. Russell Newcombe who wrote a lot of the Lifeline publications and now I think about it, it was some time ago. The reason it isn't reflected in most studies is that needle exchanges do not ask what drug(s) a client is using. I searched for ages but everything I could find simply stated 'injecting drug users'.

I would also suggest that people who inject UK speed 9at least) can make a gram (£10) last 24 hours and so they do not end up carrying out the ill-conceived crimes that would see them in trouble with the police.

Sorry about that - you know I always try to provide reference but in this case, I felt confident that their WOULD be an appropriate paper. My bad.

Fencamfamine? It's a stimulant that also possesses opioid activity - like lefetamine. So it's far, far smoother. It fell out of use because it was more abusable than dexamphetamine.

Pity because it's synthesis really is interesting.

Fencamfamine, yeah, sorry about the spelling, I use a screen reader called VoiceOver on my phone and to be honest, sometimes I’m a bit lazy and just assume how a compound is spelt.
Do you mind sharing your personal experience with fencamfamine? I would be especially interested in details like duration of action, comparison with other stimulants you’ve tried, any come down affects and dependence liability. from the tiny bit of information I found online, it sounds quite pleasant and I’m thinking of using it in future for very occasional recreational or functional use for example, enhancing my confidence in a special social situation or provide a mild mood lift on a particularly dark and depressing win today.

Frencamfamine is a rigid analogue of ethyl amphetamine. It's MW is higher so 20-30mg is the sweet spot although some like larger doses. It also overlays nortilidine which explains it's opioid activity although it isn't classed as an analgesic. It doesn't affect BP as much as the amphetamines so it's also considered safer.

I also sampled the N-methyl homologue, camfentamine but I preferred the original because the dose/response curve is more forgiving.

I guess it's action is most similar to phenmetrazine. It fell out of use simply because dexamphetamine was produced in much larger quantities and so fencamfamine was the more costly option (not that either cost much).

I DID look into modification to increase it's opioid activity but the synthesis would have to be altered significantly and if one wants a stimulant/opioid then lefetamine is easier to produce.

Last edited:
Thank you for that. just wanted to doublecheck, is it true that this compound has a very short half life compared to amphetamine. if so I may consider trying it as my first psychostimulant.

Well N-deethylation will lower the LogP but it's not so much that the duration is significantly shorter, but that when it stops, it's a rather more abrupt effect.

Taken at 10AM, It's effects began to dwindle by 4PM and were totally gone by 6PM.

It has no MAOI activity which might explain why it doesn't affect heart-rate or BP to the extent amphetamine does.

Given the simplicity of it's preparation, I'm quite surprised that nobody has tried ring-substitution of the aromatic. It's very likely that the 3,4-MD derivative would be very similar to MDEA and if someone were to add a m-OH, opiate activity is likely to be accentuated.