• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Florida man stops during police chase to shoot up heroin

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
1512096653605.jpg

A man being chased by Florida deputies for grand theft and burglary made a pit stop to inject heroin, authorities said.

John Quincey Stephens, 30, was at a relative’s home Monday when two detectives pursued him, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

Stephens initially ran off before stealing his relative’s vehicle and leading police on a long chase.

The wanted man eventually abandoned the vehicle and continued back on foot to his relative’s home, where the pursuit had started, police said.

Stephens was apprehended by K-9 Deputy Michael Donahue and his dog Tipster, who bit the suspect during the chase.

The wanted man later told police that he was “taking a shot” of heroin during the car chase. He apologized for what he did while high on the drug.

Stephens was treated at a local hospital for his injuries and then booked at Marion County Jail.

The man was originally wanted for grand theft of a motor vehicle, fraud and two counts of burglary of a conveyance. After the chase, cops added several new charges.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/30/florida-man-stops-during-police-chase-to-shoot-up-heroin.html

Well, I guess if you're already on your way to jail, you may as well get one in beforehand.

Lol that's true I watched a guy eat 3 grams of meth when we were getting stopped, he got busted anyway for a warrant and they ended up having to take him to the er later.

Like how some of us have a hard time controlling our drug use some of us have a hard time controlling our anger. Some of us unfortunately are cursed with both. We all are all different yet all the same.

Some are not made to enjoy drugs and booze

It's probably a fairly sensible decision all things considered.

I always find it a little frustrating when you see people caught by the cops and start fighting back or arguing or whatever. It's just not smart.

I've had generally good interactions with cops and it's largely because there is a right way to handle them and a wrong way. The wrong way is giving them a reason to want to make you suffer.

Your odds of actually getting away once you've been officially arrested are pretty close to zero anyway so there's nothing to gain by adding resisting arrest and assaulting an officer to the charges.

I definitely know that my fairly positive interactions with cops for whatever reason are definitely not the norm. So it's not that the cops themselves are different. I know other people who've wound up outright robbed by the cops of my area. So I either I'm really lucky or I'm doing something right.

Whether I've got anything on me or not, I do certain things when I get pulled over. First thing is I stay still, hands on the wheel, seatbelt still on, etc. I am polite as possible, and don't move until he asks for my license/registration/whatever. I basically let him lead the way, and don't say anything unless he asks a question. I find this helps a bit, let's the officer feel in charge and important seeing someone who seems submissive.

Sounds pretty sensible to me.

I'm generally fairly honest with cops, provided it's something where lying won't do any good. I've gotten away with shit where I couldn't believe I got away with it simply cause the cops seemed to appreciate me making things easy on them.

Of course in all honesty I really wasn't particularly concerned about making things easy on them, I wanted to make them easy on me. They thought I was being more honest than I was cause ill generally admit to anything they will definitely find out anyway. Within reason. It's a judgement call and certainly requires caution but it's worked great for me so far.

The cops generally expect you to be completely silent, laughably deny the obvious, or be totally honest. I don't think they expect you to be anything in between so if you're honest when it really doesn't matter they seem a lot more likely to believe it when you do have to lie. And a lot more likely to mentally categorize you as ultimately not one of the bad guys.

And in my experience, that's when it changes. As soon as they mentally switch and consider you one of the "bad people" they become can become real dicks real fast. Fortunately my record is still fairly minor so I can still get away with a lot.

I've also sometimes gotten out of things where I was sure I was screwed simply by doing something so brazen that they'd never think someone would try it. I once got out of a possession charge by literally just holding the drugs in my hand as I gave them my bag then slipping them away somewhere when they weren't looking. Totally as if I was doing nothing unusual. Slight of hand stuff. By the end I truly couldn't believe something that brazen actually worked. But I figured it was the only thing that might work and I figured even if I'd been caught it would have been difficult to prove what I was doing.

Which is why I say it pays to seem cooperative and unconcerned. Its disarming.

At least it's all worked out for me so far. And in general it's still not something I could honestly recommend doing unless you were really really really careful and knew where the line was. Otherwise simply staying cooperative but silent is still your best option.

Why do these kinds of things so often happen in Florida?!?!

It seems to be one of the states with a lot more seedy shit going on.

Then again, there's not a place in the world where seedy shit isn't going on lol.

Lol it's our southernmost state. Lotta dope runs around in Florida, but if you think thats bad, try small town America in the Midwest, illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Iowa. Crazy shit happens under the radar.

Why do these kinds of things so often happen in Florida?!?!

It seems to be one of the states with a lot more seedy shit going on.

Then again, there's not a place in the world where seedy shit isn't going on lol.

Gravity I think pulls the dregs of society down here. All joking aside, the cost of living is cheap making it an easy place to disappear compared to other populated states like California or New York.