Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Florida High Schools..

Retrospect

Bluelighter
Hey..
Well, I didn't really know where to put this, so I guess i'll put it here.

I'm looking for high schools closest to Obispo St. in Tampa, Florida.
Perferably the Top 10 - 15 going by closest distance to that st. in Tampa, Florida.

It's not my address, it's not even close to it at all..lol.. In fact, I don't even live in that state, but honestly if you could bare w/ me, it's for an extremely good cause.. and I can explain the details later after I get some results.

I have tried searching myself, been searching on different things all nite. I just started in the past half hour looking for high schools.. but can't get them closest by st. address.

I figured Bluelight, considering you guys are like my second bible, could help me out. It's extremely important pertaining to my life.. and I would greatly appreciate it if someone else could help me out tonight.

Thank you soo much for trying.
- Retrospect

cant help you there, i went to high school on the east coast....not sure what youre looking for here

I went to Tampa Catholic. It's a decent school I guess. Probably a lot better than most public schools around here.

I'm looking for high schools closest to Obispo St. in Tampa, Florida.
Perferably the Top 10 - 15 going by closest distance to that st. in Tampa, Florida.

...for football?
...for surf teams?
...for band?
...for academics?
...in the parochial (Catholic) school system? Does that matter?
...largest student body? Smallest?

Really, there are a handful of people that could help out with this (hell, I grew up 2 hrs from there but know people who know people....). Give us better criteria on what you're looking for in a HS and we can give suggestions on which ones are better for what you want :\

...for football?
...for surf teams?
...for band?
...for academics?
...in the parochial (Catholic) school system? Does that matter?
...largest student body? Smallest?

Really, there are a handful of people that could help out with this (hell, I grew up 2 hrs from there but know people who know people....). Give us better criteria on what you're looking for in a HS and we can give suggestions on which ones are better for what you want :\

Hey, thanks for the reply and help. I do appreciate it, but honestly it has nothing to do with any of that.

I have actually been in the process of re-uniting a family.

See, my wife hasn't seen her real Mother or Father in over 14 years, until this last month in a half . She's 19 years old. She has had it rough, alot rougher then alot of people, and basically has been a loner, on her own, with no one to rely on but herself. She had an adoptive family at one point in time when she was alot younger. They didn't treat her right and I don't feel comfortable getting into personal specifics. Used her for her DHS checks and cleaning service. Her brother was in the same boat. Well she had enough and did something about it.. Her rights were terminated as an adoptive child. But not her brother. The adoptive family would not let her see her brother, the only one in her family she truely really knew.. and definitely the only family she still had in her life. In fact, they completely disappeared. Then between the ages of 17 - 18, she had a foster family that promised her the world.. but when she turned 18, they literally abandoned her and left her to face the world on her own. No explanation, no reasoning..... no dhs checks (but im sure that had nothing to do with it /sarcasm). She managed well, worked her ass off (stayed employed) to keep a roof over her head.. we got together shortly after her turning 18, and now she is almost 20. We been living together for over 14 months now. Married since Dec. 1st. I promised her since we got together that we would eventually find her family. I legally found some adoption records online which led me to her Mother.. and her father, we came across by pure fate. They are great people who had it rough when they we're our age. Good people, who have changed.. and our thankful everyday for them re-uniting. After 14 years.

Now.. Basically, I don't want to get into much more detail, but if I can find what i'm looking for, closest to st.. It would really help in finishing up re-uniting this family.....

So, that's the best I can say for now.. and I have said alot actually. If I could please get anymore help on this, I would greatly appreciate it.. and I can explain the rest later. I'm having alot of trouble with this and there is a slight possibility i'm wrong about the location.. but doubtful, I am almost 100% confident this is it.

Thanks for your time & help.
- Retrospect

Cypress Creek / Freedom High Representing :D

i am guessing you think her adoptive brother is at one of those high schools?

if so, try looking him up on myspace or facebook.

I have already been down all those roads, believe me. Very good call, for sure.. but we have tried all that. Numerous times.

Any other suggestions?

Okay....so you aren't trying to find a HS to put someone in, you're trying to find which HS her brother may already be attending?

I also appreciate the personal nature of your reasons, and will respect your desire not to share more than you need to - so I'll try to stick with the required facts (and maybe I'm missing the obvious in front of me, so forgive me if you've already explained it).

You found the mom and dad.... birth parents? Adoptive-abandoning parents? I'm still fuzzy on that, but it doesn't sound like ANY parents are part of your quest at this point, so I'll drop that if this is the case.

The brother? That's what we're trying to find at this point? If so, we've got some creative (devious? ;) ) minds on here that would be able to help track some people down.

Here's my approach, assuming we're locating the brother. I will also assume that your wife knows his first name and whatever last name he'd be going by (either adoptive, natural, whatever).
  • go to www.live.com -> maps -> Obispo St., Tampa, FL -> mark that location
  • below that go thru 'Browse -> Education -> Public Schools' (this is assuming he wouldn't have dropped out and gone to VoTech and the parents wouldn't be footing the bill for a private school....AND that he hasn't just dropped out altogether
  • Record the HS's that get marked within a reasonable distance to the location
  • Have her contact the schools
    • I don't think she can ask for her brother by name, for security reasons they may not even admit if there is a student by that name attending the school - but she can ask
    • If they won't confirm his attendance, she can at least leave a message for him saying "I am his sister, please have him contact me at 800-555-5555" - I'm betting that if she tries that, they may slip and say "We will get it to him" or "He doesnt go to school here" so then she knows. If they give a generic "We have the message >click<" then she at least knows the ball is in his court and he can choose to reach her.

There is also schoolboard links by county - for example Hillsborough County Public Schools which typically have a way of 'Find your school' based on an address you provide. They may also have other information available for finding students.

Okay....so you aren't trying to find a HS to put someone in, you're trying to find which HS her brother may already be attending?

I also appreciate the personal nature of your reasons, and will respect your desire not to share more than you need to - so I'll try to stick with the required facts (and maybe I'm missing the obvious in front of me, so forgive me if you've already explained it).

You found the mom and dad.... birth parents? Adoptive-abandoning parents? I'm still fuzzy on that, but it doesn't sound like ANY parents are part of your quest at this point, so I'll drop that if this is the case.

The brother? That's what we're trying to find at this point? If so, we've got some creative (devious? ;) ) minds on here that would be able to help track some people down.

Here's my approach, assuming we're locating the brother. I will also assume that your wife knows his first name and whatever last name he'd be going by (either adoptive, natural, whatever).
  • go to www.live.com -> maps -> Obispo St., Tampa, FL -> mark that location
  • below that go thru 'Browse -> Education -> Public Schools' (this is assuming he wouldn't have dropped out and gone to VoTech and the parents wouldn't be footing the bill for a private school....AND that he hasn't just dropped out altogether
  • Record the HS's that get marked within a reasonable distance to the location
  • Have her contact the schools
    • I don't think she can ask for her brother by name, for security reasons they may not even admit if there is a student by that name attending the school - but she can ask
    • If they won't confirm his attendance, she can at least leave a message for him saying "I am his sister, please have him contact me at 800-555-5555" - I'm betting that if she tries that, they may slip and say "We will get it to him" or "He doesnt go to school here" so then she knows. If they give a generic "We have the message >click<" then she at least knows the ball is in his court and he can choose to reach her.

There is also schoolboard links by county - for example Hillsborough County Public Schools which typically have a way of 'Find your school' based on an address you provide. They may also have other information available for finding students.

Very nice. Thank you much for that information.. and I will be trying that approach in just a few minutes.

& FYI, It is the birth parents we have found.
Yes, it's now her brother we're looking for.

We do know his name of course.. & some details on that. So, i'll be trying that approach right now.

If anyone else can help out with anything, it would be greatly appreciated.. & thank you soo much for your guys help.

TheLoveBandit: I sincerely appreciate your interest in this. It means alot to me.. & I just need you to know I greatly appreciate that. Thank you.

- Retrospect

Last edited:
I Went to Cypress Creek in orlando, our football team rocked, cuz of me ;)