• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines "Floating on his back while playing with himself.."

I am old school too, had about 5-6 interesting experiences with ketamine and then it just turned into a drug that cut me off from the environment. I admit at the time I was tripping a lot and was looking for another substance that helped with playing guitar and music. Well ketamine was not it. First few trips brought me to the light though in a way that psychedelics can at times. Then just anesthesia on other trips. I actually had a few viles of Ketaset that I ended up turfing as no one even knew what ketamine was back then. These days I imagine they would get snatched up quick to whoever was offered them.

I am glad however other have made use of it in intelligent ways. I do like reading trip reports on any substance whether I am a fan or not. I had never heard of bladder issues until about 8 years ago on BL. It did not seem to be a thing with people using in the early days.

DM Turner was about to release some notes that he need to back off ketamine and heal from the addiction. He said DMT was his inspiration to do that and claimed the DMT showed him that ketamine was a frankenstien molecule that did not follow the Shamanic rules the other sacraments had. He never fot to release those notes but one of his friends mentioned it. In fact DM Turner mentioned it in one of h is books. He claimed he could not have a good mushroom trip if he was planning to use ketamine while tripping. No visuals and just static. He also regretted mixing it with mescaline cactus. He felt he shocked that thousand year old mescalito spirit with a powerful synthetic anesthetic. But he did not quit in time and that damn bath tub. Glad I hate baths. I can't sit in my own dirty water. ;)

I always thought John C Lilly invented the isolation tank. I had heard that the movies Altered States and Day Of The Dolphin were from his work. But not 100% sure on that. But I believe in The Scientist he mentioned trying the tank with LSD and ketamine.

It is sort of comical, John C Lilly was known as Mr Ketamine some years back and a heavy user for a year or so. But reading BL these days so many of you far surpassed the quantity and frequency of Lilly's use. There is some crazy amounts taken these days for much longer.
Robert Mapplethorpe's girlfriend, after Patti Smith, in 1980 when he had BLACK FEVER, obsessing over black men, the racist myth of big black cock, and picking up gay and bisexual black male prostitutes at Killer's by offering them cocaine, was the body builder Lisa Lyon and she loved to snort and smoke PCP or ANGEL DUST, and got Robert into METH. After Robert died from AIDS, she moved on to Dr. JOHN LILY with the dolphins and Ketamine delight. I guess they had a 3 way on KETAMINE with a dolphin in an isolation tank? In interviews her brain is fried from the decades of daily use of PCP/ANGEL DUST, KETAMINE, MDA/MDMA/METH, COKE, and numerous research chemicals.

PATRICIA MORRISROE said:
Due to a highly promiscuous lifestyle without the use of condoms - and also due to Mapplethorpe's liking of coprophagy - he was often ill, and finally was hit with AIDS, which he denied having until the bitter end.

"Robert was really running away," Myers explained. "He was so angry I kept waiting for him to explode."

And explode he did, by rampaging through the gay bars to pick up black men. Mapplethorpe had confided to several friends that he blamed a black man for infecting him with the AIDS virus, but given his boast of having had sex with an estimated thousand men, he couldn't possibly know for sure. Still, he approached his task like an avenging angel, picking up one black man after another with offers of cocaine, then baiting them with the word "nigger." One man screamed at him to stop, but when Mapplethorpe still kept repeating the word, the man grabbed his clothes and ran out the door. "You're evil," the man shouted, in parting. "Evil!"

Also:

Mapplethorpe's racism intensified with the progression of his disease, and Kelly Edey, who had presumably heard everything, was so startled by Mapplethorpe's venomous comments that he noted one incident in his diary. Mapplethorpe was standing outside Keller's on the evening of August 2 when he suddenly began to shout, "This is the sleaziest corner in New York. How can it be that I'm standing here in the midst of all this human garbage? They're so stupid, every last one of them is so unbelievably stupid." And yet he kept returning to Keller's, hoping his demigod might rise from the debris. "A lot of people yelled at him for continuing to go to the bars," Mark Isaacson explained. "But he looked at it, like, well, that's their problem - if they're not protecting themselves, why should I worry about it? When Robert first got sick, I said to him, 'You've got to stop your old lifestyle,' and he said to me, 'If I have to change my lifestyle, I don't want to live.'"

From her book Mapplethorpe a biography.

Ketamine also reminds me of this poor lady.

The book she wrote is here:

Last edited:
Oh my God, fuck no! If I got into a floatation SOBER, I'd lose my mind once and for all.
I went in sober the 2-3 times I went into one, and it is disorienting and scary at first as it is completely pitch black and you can smell the salt water, and I had ear plugs in but some salt water still got in. The experience was akin to taking a low dose of LSD, lucid dreaming, and meditation with yoga.

It comes down to social psychology. You're taking the trip back to the embryonic state. Is anyone going to obstruct your reemergence into the world?

I'd like a floatation tank, but I'd be paranoid about a burglar seizing the occasion of locking me in. It's silly, but it's human.

That too is part of the fascinating experiment of sensory deprivation.

@JackARoe You cut John quite some slack with his ketamine use, but he would show up to social event in his van and occasionally retreat into it during to contact whatever he was on to. Maybe in absolute numbers of weight of chemicals we leave him behind, but in appliance he was still extreme and his results are still quite far out.

@JackARoe You cut John quite some slack with his ketamine use, but he would show up to social event in his van and occasionally retreat into it during to contact whatever he was on to. Maybe in absolute numbers of weight of chemicals we leave him behind, but in appliance he was still extreme and his results are still quite far out.
I do agree with that CT. The Scientist and Center of the Cyclone are some of my favorite books. The journey's are documented well and are thoughtful. I admit sometimes I read some reports on BL and they do not make sense to me. But the Scientist made perfect sense.

I just think people like @jhjhsdi (who I hope is well) and some others far surpassed the weight in chemical and amount of time used.

What do mean? Could you expand on what reports don't make sense to you as opposed to John's reports?

Nope nope nope. That would be a nightmare trip waiting to happen. The sound of my own heartbeat and breathing in otherwise total silence would make me go off the deep end.

I want to market a "flotation tank" accessory for the common swimming pool. Like , a blacked out snorkel set with a cleat to tie off too

What do mean? Could you expand on what reports don't make sense to you as opposed to John's reports?
A simple comparison to say the MXE threads here at BL as opposed to the book The Scientist. Lots of gibberish posted in the MXE threads but I did understand the whole Coincidence Control concept and what was written in The Scientist.

It takes skill to bring back some of the journeys and articulate the experience. I think John C Lilly did a good job. A few BLer's (like yourself CT) do a good job getting ideas across to another person. Others come across as gibberish. But it is not an easy thing to do and takes skill.

I've heard of a few drug related deaths in flotation tanks. Dissos, particularly high anesthetic dose ketamine, is usually involved.

Dm turner was found floating like a turd in the bath - but word on the street said it was suicide.