Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Flashbacks?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
Everybody, in the US at least, has heard that one story about that one kid who took LSD, freaked out and was never the same. Went to the psych ward and never came back. Common modern myth for many decades now.

Am I that kid they talked about?

I've certainly never "freaked out" on any psychedelic, in fact most of the worst trips I've had I lay mostly still and quiet (sometimes retreating to a warm shower for a few hours - fetal position may be required), and yet later in my life I was the proverbial "drug induced schizophrenic" apparently from too many psychedelics. I was basically that one in a million that fits the myth, where my issue is not genetic and was definitely the drugs. Obviously my story is a lot more complicated and the reason was absolutely a lot more than just the drugs. It would have never happened without the drugs. The drugs. Psychedelics.

I ponder this:

Before my vast, varied and ultimately fatal excursion with psychedelics... and after; I feel a very clear difference. I assume many veteran psycnonauts may understand what I am trying to pose, which is, my brain, my mind's eye, my mind's vision will randomly throughout the day "trip" and see extremely lysergic and DMT like visuals. I'll see a 3D shape twisted and distorted into whatever impossible shape. I'll see colors and light and flashes. I do not physically see these things, they are not really hallucinations per se... I guess instead of me daydreaming about boobs or driving sometimes I will daydream about tripping my ass off like reimagining DMT.

Are these "flashbacks"? Are these part of my schizo? Do all veteran psychonauts experience these things?

Am I "permafried"?

Last edited:
Everybody, in the US at least, has heard that one story about that one kid who took LSD, freaked out and was never the same. Went to the psych ward and never came back. Common modern myth for many decades now.

Am I that kid they talked about?

I've certainly never "freaked out" on any psychedelic, in fact most of the worst trips I've had I lay mostly still and quiet (sometimes retreating to a warm shower for a few hours), and yet later in my life I was the proverbial "drug induced schizophrenic" apparently from too many psychedelics. I was basically that one in a million that fits the myth, where my issue is not genetic and was definitely the drugs. Obviously my story is a lot more complicated and the reason was absolutely a lot more than just the drugs. It would have never happened without the drugs. The drugs. Psychedelics.

I ponder this:

Before my vast, varied and ultimately fatal excursion with psychedelics... and after; I feel a very clear difference. I assume many veteran psycnonauts may understand what I am trying to pose, which is, my brain, my mind's eye, my mind's vision will randomly throughout the day "trip" and see extremely lysergic and DMT like visuals. I'll see a 3D shape twisted and distorted into whatever impossible shape. I'll see colors and light and flashes. I do not physically see these things, they are not really hallucinations per se... I guess instead of me daydreaming about boobs or driving sometimes I will daydream about tripping my ass off like reimagining DMT.

Are these "flashbacks"? Are these part of my schizo? Do all veteran psychonauts experience these things?

Am I "permafried"?

'Flashbacks' are a fallacy perpetuated by governments in an attempt to convince you that drugs r bad mkay?

'Flashbacks' are a fallacy perpetuated by governments in an attempt to convince you that drugs r bad mkay?

See this is what I initially BELIEVED, even had friends who would be like "holy shit im having an acid flashback" and act it out, i'd be like o_O

never really thought about it much until now

What I speak of I can snap out of any second, it's not a "flashback" by any means, but it's like my brains screensaver is some VERY trippy shit and visuals instead of thinking about random other thoughts - does that make sense?

I haven't done any psychedelics in 5 months whatsoever, and this has been going on for years in me.

It's like a daydream is connecting with my brain's memory of these drugs and it's freestyling - it's quite beautiful, but weird

i get super strong flashbacks on high dose weed. But my normal living consits of very strong LSD oevs cevs. if i close my eyes i teleport places in my mind.

if i close my eyes i teleport places in my mind.
when you're sober? can you do it in meditation?

and TBH I'm getting some slight CEVS with nothing but alcohol and d8 (which I have a heavy tolerance to)

I'm not sure how much of this is my schizo mental illness and how much is normal for a former psychonaut like me

I feel like I was so obsessed with CEVs and now I have them in my minds eye 24/7

but I swear there has to be something to this, I'm not that schizo - in fact I'm "drug induced" schizo which is a fancy say to say permanently high :D I have music playing in my head 24/7 which sounds as about as aweful as it does.

yes when im sober and close my eyes it feels like i get taken back to the peaks of 3-4 tabs if i focus on it. The more far out you go the more whatever you return to becomes more wired into the psychedelic. Really heavy high dose users have reported taking 20 + years of sober to come back to baseline reality.

yes when im sober and close my eyes it feels like i get taken back to the peaks of 3-4 tabs if i focus on it. The more far out you go the more whatever you return to becomes more wired into the psychedelic. Really heavy high dose users have reported taking 20 + years of sober to come back to baseline reality.
basically yeah, it's more than a memory but less than a vision (somewhere in that inbetween with which psychedelic trips seem to manifest)

I only see it in my 3rd eye and only a psychonaut could understand

like at any moment i could close my eyes and completely reexperience any trip. (and then it's more than just a thought - I see visuals in my MINDS eye!)

this sounds stupid but I'm trying to explain it

yup same here. Edible cannabis feels so much like LSD to me these days its insane. Infact i enjoy the flashbacks on weed now ima try eat a few hundred mg tonight over a few hours. The brownie is so strong tasting. I want to have a out of body experince.

After +15 years doing psychs I can assure flashbacks are not a myth but as real as it can be.

The first one was a bit scary, cause I did not expecting it. Past summer I had quite a bit and boy, I fucking love them. In my case they are pretty visual but not mindfuckery/ trippy space. So it´s like having free visuals while completely sober. I have learn to love it when they appear (maybe 3- 4 times in my life). I would prefer it to be last longer and to find a way to voluntary trigger it but no dice. It just appears. And when it does, you better embrace and enjoy it

After +15 years doing psychs I can assure flashbacks are not a myth but as real as it can be.

The first one was a bit scary, cause I did not expecting it. Past summer I had quite a bit and boy, I fucking love them. In my case they are pretty visual but not mindfuckery/ trippy space. So it´s like having free visuals while completely sober. I have learn to love it when they appear (maybe 3- 4 times in my life). I would prefer it to be last longer and to find a way to voluntary trigger it but no dice. It just appears. And when it does, you better embrace and enjoy it

Can you maybe describe your flashbacks a bit more? How long they last? When they occur? What happens?

I certainly get free visual trips every night, but those are what I believe to be hypnagogic in nature and ultimately directly tied to my schizophrenia.

I can't say I've ever had a "flashback" in the way people describe it. Maybe I have. I don't know.

It happened after a extended microdose regimen, like 3-4 months microdosis basically everyday. Then, while completely sober, maybe in a resting day, you start get visuals in crescendo, the exact same visuals you get with 2c-x or triptamines: colour morhping, breathing, tracers, all the usual suspects. In my cases it were not followed by trippyspace, so 100% sober but with visuals. A hell of strange, but lovely. It lasted somewhe from 10 mins to maybe 1 hour. As it scalates ang get stronger, then descalates and dissapear.

All times it triggered a mysterious feeling like: what does it comes from? why now? what´s the brain mecanism triggering this episode?. Just pure mystery if you ask me. I would love to have at least a basic explanation (maybe the psych was buried between fat layers, and as I lost some fats, the psycs reemerge producing the effect?). Well, that wont explain the 100% sober mindspace, so, who the hell knows. Not me, for sure

I don't think flashbacks are real, if anyone would have them it would be me. Permatrips are another story, and hppd an even different thing.

It happened after a extended microdose regimen, like 3-4 months microdosis basically everyday. Then, while completely sober, maybe in a resting day, you start get visuals in crescendo, the exact same visuals you get with 2c-x or triptamines: colour morhping, breathing, tracers, all the usual suspects. In my cases it were not followed by trippyspace, so 100% sober but with visuals. A hell of strange, but lovely. It lasted somewhe from 10 mins to maybe 1 hour. As it scalates ang get stronger, then descalates and dissapear.

All times it triggered a mysterious feeling like: what does it comes from? why now? what´s the brain mecanism triggering this episode?. Just pure mystery if you ask me. I would love to have at least a basic explanation (maybe the psych was buried between fat layers, and as I lost some fats, the psycs reemerge producing the effect?). Well, that wont explain the 100% sober mindspace, so, who the hell knows. Not me, for sure
Could be intermittent hppd maybe triggered by cannabis? I have this except 24/7.

What do you think it is? A hallucination? Some sort of psychosis?

What do you think it is? A hallucination? Some sort of psychosis?
Not psychosis. Maybe partially hallucination.

I would say its a phenomenon in itself, you can only trigger it via having previous 5-ht psychcodelic heavy use/abuse and have quite definite features even if it differs a bit from person to person.

This forum is a priviledged place to study it, as here is a decent concentration of havey psych users. I have just synth my experience, maybe other users can share his experiences and collectively find more datapoints about it

Not psychosis. Maybe partially hallucination.

I would say its a phenomenon in itself, you can only trigger it via having previous 5-ht psychcodelic heavy use/abuse and have quite definite features even if it differs a bit from person to person.

This forum is a priviledged place to study it, as here is a decent concentration of havey psych users. I have just synth my experience, maybe other users can share his experiences and collectively find more datapoints about it
Its not that I don't believe you, it's that I certainly ravaged my receptors myself and I absolutely had what you described, except it was constant 24/7 for several months. Along with a whole bunch of schizophrenic like symptoms.

Have you spoken with a doctor about it? They would likely diagnose bit as a mini psychotic episode or something. They diagnosed me with drug induced schizophrenia. (Not genetic)

Doctors are great for some kind of operations but regarding psychedelics they pretty much ignore everything. On the other hand I have studied and bioassaid psychs for 15 years so I trust more in my knowledge and insighs and the knowledge of long time users that you can found here that my doctor...

re-experiencing an enhanced memory in an enhanced way is real.
it can be wonderful or it can be disruptive,
what ever you experience can be remembered and some recollection is very very intense.