Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

First timer... some advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

finaguile

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I'm from melbourne and would like to roll for the fist time in march. I've been reading as much as possible regarding the safety and use of ecstasy. However I just have a couple of questions that can be clarified with the more experienced users in the scene :)

First off, I'm finding it difficult what pill to choose. So far I'm happy to go with "Orange Butteflys" (If I can find them) but heard they are really strong and will put you on your arse. Can anyone vouch for these to be good for a first time pill? If not, I just want something safe and will give me one hell of a good time and enjoy the music.

If I do manage to get these, I will take half of it and see where it takes me.

Now i'm skinny and have a high metabolism, I don't workout or exercise and I eat a lot of meat and no vegetables or fruit... so this should give you a rough idea of my physical condition. But I'd like to have a good first experience without any worries before/during/after dosing. Would I be okay to take a pill in my current condition?

Thanks

[edit] event details removed

Last edited by a moderator:
stress less

get some butterflies and have a half like you said

wait an hour or so then see how youre travelling

party safe ;)

Great to see you are researching a substance before using it ;)

If i was in your position i would

1. Buy a reagent tester from enlighten, they will cost you next to nothing and it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Purchase Reagent Testers.
What reagent should i buy?

2. If you have your heart set on orange butterflies, i would administer them in halves, increasing the dose when needed, they are arguably one of the stronger pills on the Australian market and suspected of containing MDxx. For someone wishing to embark on a first time "MDMA" experience. it would be advisable to dose in halves as they are a little stronger then most pills i have come into contact with or know about. A half dose should be ideal for a first time experience, and will most likely get you to your desired travel destination ;). The magic of an MDMA experience will not last forever, so enjoy it why you can and take the right precautions.

3. The set and setting you are in at the time of your experience, both pre and post will play a massive part on the outcome of the experience.

Good luck and shall your first experience be a wonderfull experience and hopefully an MDMA one ;)

You sound cuatious. I was the same. go to google , type in "the good drugs guide" . Thats an awesome site that tells you the pro's & con's & even has a safe party dancing guide! read read read til u go blue in the face. Get to know everything about it. All my friends call me "the chemist" now. Cos i know so much about all drugs even though i've only done E. Oh and marijuana. Test kits too. test your pill. Good for you for being so smart!! :)

Welcome.

Bluelight and www.erowid.org are great sites to learn about any kind of drugs you are interested in.

Good idea taking a half and see where it leads you. You sound cautious and mature enough, im sure you will love your first experience. Remember to have decent breaks between rolls as it is quite easy to go hard at first.

... oh and please, you have to eat fruit and vegetables, your body need the vitamins. If not, at least eat some multi vitamins and vitamin C.

I remember me and my mates went over every single molicule and read 9999999 trip reports before trying it haha we should so have chem degrees. i think its the best thing to do before trying anything. my friend stared at his pill for like and hour before dropping his first cause he was scared of dieing hahha he had the best time of his life after though. good times.

fun fun fun

You sound like you have it under controll, just remember to drink a sensable amount of water (not to much,as you probably know) just take slow and have a good time;)

o are you having it with a friend?

have a buddy with you, and if you can, find someone experienced and let them know it's your first time (such people generally seem to present themselves at opportune moments anyway :)). Halves are definately the way to go. If you fancy more after the 1st half I'd recommend taking quarters. Also, you'll want a reasonably empty stomach - say 3 hrs since your last meal - to get the full effects.

To minimise harm and negative side-effects, get some multivitamins into you! Also, before you drop it is advisable to take a magnesium supplement (reduces jaw clenching) and an antioxidant.

Look after yourself and don't go too hard - when the sun comes up the next day you should be ready to rest. Keep in mind how long it has been since you've slept and eaten. Also, food will not be particularly pleasant the morning after, so something like a sustagen sport or a banana is a really good way to get some food into your system.

Other than that, read as much as you can take in, keep asking questions here, buy a test kit and relax and enjoy the experience :)

Yea i'm bringing some friends to this venue. One of them will be an experienced user taking a different one to me. But he should be able to know whats up if he sees somethings not right in me. Also what is a good antioxidant/magnesium to have?

Also i'm looking to a buy a test kit from a shop since I dont have a cc, I heard they sell some at Off Ya Tree and i'm wondering which is the most effective test kit to buy?

Butteflies are definately a good pill for u to start on - halves for sure...They wont put u on ur arse or anything...DON'T DROP ANOTHER HALF IF YOU THINK THE FIRST ONE ISN'T WORKING - DO NOT GET IMPATIENT ABOUT PEAKING...It always does, just be patient...

Biggest tip is do whatever feels right for ur body...If you dont wanna move then just sit down and stare at the lights...if you wanna dance just get up there and do it...If you don't feel right or something scares ya, talk to ur friends - they will calm ya down or know how to help...

Re. testing kits, you may want to buy Marquis and Mandelin. There is information about the different kits, as well as some good stuff on anti-oxidants, at Enlighten's website (the guys who do free pill testing around the place). Just linking you to the main site as it's all good, have a snoop around.

www.enlighten-hr.org

As far as magnesium goes, I think the consensus is that Blackmore's Biomagnesium is great, although I use chelated magnesium (1500 mg, ie three tablets, at lunchtime, and another 2 before I go out).

I take a wide range of anti-oxidants: Vitamin C, Alpha lipoic acid, Vitamin E, grape seed oil. Any or all of these are good (if you gotta take one, try grape seed oil caps, they're meant to be the most efficacious).

Since it's your first time you're unlikely to notice much of a comedown anyway (unless you go overboard - but you don't seem like the sort!), but if you decide to make this a hobby you can read up on 5-htp and decide if it's worth ordering some. It reduces the severity and duration of comedowns for many people.

Have a great time! The scene could do with more like you.

^ Aunty, why the use of magnesium? Does this increase absorption rates or is just another way of safeguarding against strain on the body whilst under the influence?
Finaguile: Good on you for doing the research before dropping, shows you are concerned about your safety and want to know waht a substance is doing to your body.
My advice would be to go with a half regardless of what pill you end up getting, you can always drop more later if a half isn't enough. The only thing I think you should definately get is a pill testing kit, marquis or mandeline are good but if you have the money grab an extreme tester (contains marquis, simmons and robadope reagents).
You sound just like I did before I dropped for the first time, excited yet abit scared. Its easy to be anxious about you will feel before trying a new substance but after it starts to take effect all your fears will be put at ease as your anxiety is replaced with one of the most beautiful things you will ever experience.
Have a blast mate

I know you did not direct the question at me but anyhow. The magnesium oxide is to combat bruxia and trisma, i believe it is also good for the heart.

finaguile, regarding your state of health, i think you should be fine, assuming you have no heart condition and a steady blood pressure. I too do not work-out, smoke way too much of everything and am skinny with a high metabolism.....and have never had a problem. You aren't on any form of MAOI's (anti-depressents) either i imagine, as these musn't be consumed with mdma.

It is worth mentioning that you'll most probably be extremely nervous prior to dropping, the key is to just try not to think about it too much, don't over analyse the effects and just let yourself go :D

I also think that the butterfly is a good pill selection, as it is a clean dose of mdma and definitely the real deal =D

I remember my first time, i knew it was coming up anyway, but it ended up being a week premature at another rave, lol.

Seriously though, all i can say is if you have the orange butterflys you can take a full or a half. If you take a full you might be knocked down a bit, but then again i took a red mitzi on my first time and wasnt on my ass.

It will take a bit longer to come on than normal, and you wont notice it cos you will be all like "oh man whens it going to come on". Just keep moving, have a dance, and if you start getting freaked out or smacked out just get your mates to help you out, take a seat, and get a head massage :p

I did a lot of reading, so i thought i had some idea what it would be like, but man, its so much better.

psy_taco, in addition to what ld50 said (cheers for that), I find magnesium *dramatically* reduces the feeling of muscular stiffness I sometimes get the day after MDMA. If you haven't tried using large doses of magnesium, I highly recommend it! It's hard to explain but I did this with a group and we all reported feeling "floppy", as though instead of your body being tensed, everything just felt relaxed and normal. I noticed none of us were gurning either, despite being obviously affected. So subjectively, magnesium (after 5-htp) is the single most effective supplement I take.

Magnesium is also an antioxidant in its own right so yay, two birds with one pill, as it were.

finaguile said:

First off, I'm finding it difficult what pill to choose.

You don't normally get a choice, unless you're lucky or well connected. It's what whoever you're buying off has at the time. But if you do get the butterflies, you'll be set :)

I guess it is good to see ppl are more cautious these days. I guess it is more the fact ppl have access to so much more info than the ol days. Me personally, I just took whatever, relying on the good word of friends. Well 10 years later of drug use, and I am still alive. But I guess I been lucky. Even the rc's I had which are my more recent endeavours, can't say I read up on them much at all. Well I did read up on 5-meo-dmt I guess, but then again, it didn't prepare me at all. Certain drugs, I reckon, other than physical effects and dosing, don't prepare u for the mental onslaught. I think in the end, as long as u know what u got is real, and u know what dose to take, just let the rest go it's flow. It's about havin a blast in the end.

ABSOLUTE PROPS for being a sensible kid about it. I was exactly the same as you, I did heaps of research before I dropped, and people like you is what we need. Well done on doing your research. You'll have an awesome time, enjoy it, and take note of what these guys say. Have a great time, you'll never look back.
h

Yeah have a good roll, my first time was blacked out partly by benzos, so i wouldent recomend taking anything else other then marijuana. Get a good meal in the night before, rest up then be mentally and phisically prepared for the trip. AND DONT GET HOOKED. I'm sure you would know that any drug could get you hooked easily, with MDMA no exception. Have a few weeks waiting period between dropping your pills and all will be sweet as biccies.

Most importantly have a good, safe time, and if your worried bout anything or something is going wrong speek to your friends.

Peace Parns

Status
Not open for further replies.