• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time with shrooms, microdosing with semilanceata.

henlik

Greenlighter
Earlier i wrote this: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/733807-Am-i-suitable-for-shrooms

I tried shrooms for the first time yesterday. After a lot of research i wanted to be careful with the dosage, so i ate 9 decently sized, raw mushrooms. Started to feel the effects after 45 minutes and went outside to smoke some weed for the come-up. Although i have read a lot about this, i thought the combo should work out fine, i am going to be careful with the weed next time. Afterwards we watched the Pink Floyd Pulse concert which is one of my all time favorites, however, during this i started to feel a combination of anxiety and nausea, this discomfort made me not enjoy the music so much that i wanted.

We were 4 people all together in my sofa. I started to notice some weird hallucinations in my peripheral vision. I felt like the person left to me was fistbumping violently although he sat dead still. I also felt the urge to urinate frequently, like the water i drank just passed straight through me. This became a little annoying. At one point i also started to feel very drowsy, so i decided to lay down in my bed and rest. I couldn't sleep but i had some mild CEV, when i opened my eyes i saw patterns in the roof moving slightly and colors seemed more alive . When i was socializing i generally felt more confident and spoke a little more fluently than i use to. I also felt like i was more in control of myself. I went outside and to my surprise there was full moon with clear skies, so i put on dark side of the moon on my headset and went for a walk. Before i left i looked in the mirror to find my pupils being almost as dilated as on MDMA. I felt great, although it took me a while to get used to the feeling.

I had difficulties falling asleep, but woke up feeling fine. I have always been bothered by mood swings, i noticed that this was a little worse today and felt a little down/neutral, also socializing wasn't as interesting. I feel Ok now, but not in a great mood. I've had some mild depression/anxiety issues previously.
The plan is to double the dose on friday, what do you guys think? Should i be worried that i'm not feeling quite myself today?

I dunno, difficult question. Shrooms often produce something of an uplifting afterglow, but this is kinda dependent on the trip. If you had a really GREAT trip & loved every minute of it, it's perfectly understandable that you'd feel good for a few days, maybe a week. I guess if you had a really shit trip, you might a bit pissed off for a few days, maybe a week. In fact, after many, many, many experiences with Semilanceata, other shrooms & tripping in general, I can say this pretty much as a general rule.

I'd consider perhaps 15 on Friday, rather than hammering 18 or 20 down. But if it were possible to keep another 10 aside, if you really get into you can add a supplemental dose to keep you going a bit longer. 25 would be a proper hit eve with staggered dosing. I suspect just 9 was simply skirting around the edges of a "trip", now you know a little more accurately what to expect. I have tripped pretty well on only 5 pr 6 Semilanceata though, so...

Tripping on pretty much any psychedelic is a learning curve, & I like that you have gone this gently to start with, working your way into it carefully. If more people did this, especially with the NBOMe compounds about, there'd be considerably fewer horror stories. Good one ya =D

edit - after reading your other thread, please don't worry about a bad trip. Just enjoy yourelf & keep yourself distracted & amused!

Last edited:
Is looking at your hands, feeling as they are not part of my body a common feeling within the use of shrooms?

The plan is to double the dose on friday, what do you guys think? Should i be worried that i'm not feeling quite myself today?

Wait till the next Friday.
...and isn't not feeling like yourself the point of doing shrooms?

Is looking at your hands, feeling as they are not part of my body a common feeling within the use of shrooms?

Definitely. Depersonalization and Derealization are pretty typical effects from many psychedelics and most certainly from mushrooms. A feeling that the external world is not "real" in the way it was before extending over the physical body and into the emotional self. It can help to have some awareness of what it is that's is happening- that it is just a transient feeling, a misperception- but it can be a very odd feeling and does intensify dramatically at higher doses. But that sort of feeling is often subsumed by the more overt and obvious effects so its not something to be overly worried by. Did you experience this a lot during your experience and did it bother you?

Definitely. Depersonalization and Derealization are pretty typical effects from many psychedelics and most certainly from mushrooms. A feeling that the external world is not "real" in the way it was before extending over the physical body and into the emotional self. It can help to have some awareness of what it is that's is happening- that it is just a transient feeling, a misperception- but it can be a very odd feeling and does intensify dramatically at higher doses. But that sort of feeling is often subsumed by the more overt and obvious effects so its not something to be overly worried by. Did you experience this a lot during your experience and did it bother you?

No, i wouldn't say that it bothered me. I just felt a little out of myself, but that's a part of the experience, right. What is bothering me is that my emotions seem a little more neutral, i don't get the same positive vibes doing/thinking of stuff and socializing doesn't tempt as much. Not the same nostalgic feelings. I'd say i feel different now than before the "trip". I'm making this sound more dramatic than it is though and hopefully this will pass.

Last edited:
I think a bit of blunted emotion can ensue after what sounded like a pretty mundane or neutral trip. The opposite (both of them!) is also true. Psychedelics are powerful :)

When i think about it, i might at some stage felt some sort of anhedonia/blunted feelings, i think this is what created a anxiety during the beginning of the trip. Is this sort of reaction normal?

When i think about it, i might at some stage felt some sort of anhedonia/blunted feelings, i think this is what created a anxiety during the beginning of the trip. Is this sort of reaction normal?
Don't know if it's normal, but it is common...does that make it normal? hmmm
Anyway, the more you sweat it the longer it stays...DP/DR are anxiety driven...%)