• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time using suboxone recreationally

failedattempt

Greenlighter
i'm picking some 8mg strips up next week to just try since i've never done suboxone before. i'm not dependent but i do have some tolerance i've gained from a past opioid addiction. i usually just pick up a few 10s now at the first of the month to scratch the itch, but nothing more.

i'm looking for advice on dosage and what i can expect from the come up. i know i should at a minimum cut the strips into 2s, but i'm wondering if that may be too much considering the potency of bupe. i can handle three 10s without puking. i'm 6' 175 lbs. and in fairly good shape. thank you.

Last edited:
I think you're in for a disappointment. The recreational profile of buprenorphine is limited. Yes it's a powerful opioid. But it's only a partial agonist of the mu-opioid receptors. After oxy, it's likely to leave you a bit underwhelmed.

But it's true that subs can be kind of fun, at least the first few times you try them. Generally with suboxone, less is more...it has a pronounced ceiling effect, so there's not much point in using a lot of it at a time. I'd probably cut an 8mg strip in half and see what happens.

Things are a bit different if you're planning to IV your subs, but since you didn't say that I'm assuming you'll just use them orally as intended.

yeah i'm not trying to do anything crazy, just never done them before. sort of like a bucket list thing i guess. thanks for the feedback.

bupe is good fun with no tolerance, even on a 5-10 g kratom per day habit 1 mg will have me nodding like heroin,

I would start with 1 mg if you have no opiate tolerance, it takes a while to fully kick in also, about an hour. 1 mg should be enough to have you very high with no tolerance

i mean i have a little tolerance still i believe, when i first started opioids 15mg would get me nodding on the verge of puking, now after kicking a gram a day tramadol habit i just get a nice buzz on 30mg.

ended up cutting the strips into three pieces each. put it under my tongue until it dissolved, waited an hour. first thing i noticed was my itchy nose(same spot every time), then just a slight euphoria over the next two hours. however, in addition to the euphoria i felt a little disoriented and my eyes were very heavy, although i couldn't fall asleep. these last two symptoms were new to me, as my hand to eye coordination is never affected on oxy. furthermore, i always get an energy boost on oxy, not drowsiness.

please avoid topics like 'how much should i take to get high?'
we couldn't responsibly answer these questions as we no nothing about you and what could be recreational for me could be fatal for you
we are a harm reduction forum, we're here to help and not hurt you guys
also, BDD isn't really for trip reports.
okay so OP, i'm pretty sure this thread is approaching its logical conclusion but i'll keep it open just to check in on you - you okay?

ummm i'm pretty much all about harm reduction, so i'm not entirely sure what you are referring to in my thread. i clearly stated physical statistics of myself, as well as my past experiences with opioids. the purpose of this thread was to seek out advice on a certain drug i wanted to try recreationally in order to reduce any possible harm....ergo, harm reduction.

explicitly using subs for recreational purposes and asking for dosages is kinda skirting the line but yeah, i agree, you're totally right man - sorry about that. think i was a bit moody yday. so overall, how would you sum up your experience? positive/negative?

first time i used subs i was absolutely spannered, but in a weird way - and i was tapering down from a methadone script so its not like i'd even taken a break from opiates. it was kind of like a dream i was in but i couldn't quite sleep - my eyes crossed when i opened them too.

it's cool i just know bupe has serious potency and i didn't want to over-do it. as for the experience, i usually weigh the actual high(pros) against the side effects and hangover(cons) and i don't understand how anyone could find this drug enjoyable on a recreational level. i was basically in a nodding state the entire time, but with little to no head high. i can definitely see how it's a miracle drug for those looking to curb their withdrawal, but from a recreational standpoint i don't see it. it's been over a week and i'm still constipated, fuck that shit lol.

^ yeah i felt the same way about it man, great for wd's but i don't get anything out of them - i could take 8mgs plugged and all i'd feel is tired and noddy but, as you say, no 'high' so to speak of; just incapacitatedaha
i've given a subutex to one to my friend once, he smokes a ton of weed and does shrooms and stuff but he'd never taken anything stronger than morphine in the hospital so i was curious as to how hes take it - gave him a tiny, 0.4mg pill - temegesic in some countries but in the UK its just bupe
he snorted about half of the line he made and within, i'd say a minute was experiencing the most heavenly, orgasmic bliss - popped his opi-cherry.
he was nodding and just loving life for about two hours - never been so goddamn jealous in my entire life... and he still had the other half his line if he wanted it!

?aahaha raging

As Keeping has said, we should try to keep the discussion steered away from "how do I get the highest" and similar. I can say that, when I first began using Opioids, I would use Buprenorphine by itself and it would actually provide me with a positive experience. As you might expect, it's not that full "Opioid experience" due to the fact that it's a mixed agonist/antagonist, but it has the potential to seriously mess a naive user up.