• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time user of codine, I have a few questions.

Access Revoked

Greenlighter
So this will be my first time trying codine (or at least in pill form) and I have a few questions.
1. What dosage should I do for my first time? I have 300/30 mg pills (2064 v 3)
2. Consumption. I have heard of multiple methods from friends but I want to know the most effective way. I have heard of people crushing it and dropping it into drinks to make a kind of lean and I also know someone who snorted it.
3. What can I expect the high to feel like? Is it like an opiate? Cannabis? Booze? I have heard it as a warm euphoric feeling kinda like relaxing in the sun.
4. How long will it last and if the need arises can I sober up?
5. My brother may stop by to see what's up and I want to know if there is anything like dialated pupils that may give me away?

It depends how much prior experience you have with opioids. If you have none at all then I would probably take about 60-80 mg codeine. I would just swallow the pills whole. If it's an instant release then crushing won't really help that much. I would expect the high to last 1-3 hours. Sometimes opioids can make you flush a bit due to a histamine reaction, constricted pupils are also common.

1. I would start at 90-120 mg, and wait 45-60 minutes to take more. 120mg of oral codeine equals about 12mg of oxycodone, or 18mg oral morphine, just to give you some perspective.
2. Swallow them whole, oral bioavailability is around 70-90%.
3. Codeine is an opiate, so yeah, the high will be like an opiate high. You'll get a nice body high, euphoria, a good warm glow.
4. The duration of action lasts anywhere from 3-6 hours, depending on metabolism, and a few other variables.

I've never really thought about having to sober up from opiates, like you would from alcohol. Other than the extreme case of administering nalaxone, there isnt much you can do outside of sleep, I wouldn't worry about this too much though, unless youre nodding out and falling asleep, youll still be coherent and will be able to function.
5. Opiates constrict the pupils, unless the person knows what to look for, or your eyes are completely pinned, there isnt much that'll give it away, well outside of excess scratching, because some people get itchy from opiates, and nodding off (cant keep your eyes open), but you probably could play this off as just being tired.

Stay safe bud, remember not to redose for at least 45 minutes, the onset usually takes 15-30 minutes to kick in, but bear in mind codeine doesnt peak until 1-2 hours after initial dose.
Feel free to come back to this thread and give us updates how you're doing, and if need be, we can guide you safely.

Have fun, but be careful! - Hopeless Soul

Last edited:
1. I'd say swallow 5, which would equal about 15mg of Oxycodone, that's what I started with and I had a great first time.
2. Just swallow them. There's no real point of trying to make them into lean, it's not cough syrup. Also, I wouldn't advise snorting them as they have acetaminophen, and it's not good to snort that.
3. The high will be like an opiate high, but weaker than stronger prescription opiates such as Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, etc.
4. The high will probably be as half as strong as it was 2 to 3 hours in and will depreciate in 4 to 5. As long as you didn't take too much then you should be able to function normally, if you took to much then just go to sleep. But, if you took way too much then do not go to sleep.
5. If your brother notices anything it will most likely be your pinpoint pupils. However, your skin may flush if you took a little too much, you will look pale. So try to take a good dose, because your skin flushing is a dead giveaway.

Cheers.