View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Trying Shrooms - Tips?

InsanityTrack

Greenlighter
Later this summer I am gonna trip on some shrooms with some friends. Anybody have some tips to get the best trip and what not as this will be my first time taking shrooms?

Have you ever taken any psychedelic drugs at all before?

If you have eat at least 2.0g dried, if you have not eat 1.5g dried. But make sure that you and your friends have a space to yourself, don't have to go anywhere for the rest of the night or day, and have lots of music to listen to. Also don't stay indoors the entire time, unless you live in a dangerous part of your city, go outside and explore nature. I prefer tripping at night, until the next morning; but other people prefer tripping during the day and coming down at night.

Never tries any psychedlic drugs before so ill try and stick to 1.5 if I can ( depends on how much we can buy), the plan for when we take em is that we are gonna sleep over a one of the persons crib as their dad will be at work at late at night but homies grandad will be there, maybe other siblings also so we were playing on just chilling downstairs, to try and avoid others that aren't gonna be tripping, if we go outside will be be able to function well enough to avoid cars and have enough common sense to deal with unexpected situation I.e. Random strangers, police and stuff as non of us have had any psychedelics before

Never tries any psychedlic drugs before so ill try and stick to 1.5 if I can ( depends on how much we can buy), the plan for when we take em is that we are gonna sleep over a one of the persons crib as their dad will be at work at late at night but homies grandad will be there, maybe other siblings also so we were playing on just chilling downstairs, to try and avoid others that aren't gonna be tripping, if we go outside will be be able to function well enough to avoid cars and have enough common sense to deal with unexpected situation I.e. Random strangers, police and stuff as non of us have had any psychedelics before

Has any one of your group tried psychs before?

Here's some good advice.

1) Start low. 1.5g is not a bad dose, perhaps even 1.0 g Don't assume the difference between these two doses is necessarily little/low

2) Have a sober sitter; someone who isn't taking drugs and/or drinking. Someone who will not allow anyone to drive or do something stupid. This person should be the most `together`person of the whole group.

3) Guy`s dad is going to be home later.....don`t do them then. Find a safe place and time when you can do them without possible interruptions

Be safe and have fun.

Tom

Also if i were to take opiates or smoke bud when taking shrooms any insight on how that would affect my trip? Positively or Negatively? the opiate would be hydrocodone btw.

If you're taking Hydrocodone, then just. don't. take. mushrooms. for your first time. Take the shrooms by themselves and get a feel for how you handle them. It isn't a good idea to have consumed a strong narcotic analgesic when you don't know how you might react to a hallucinogen.

Maybe after you kow that you can handle mushrooms, but for the first time it's just a bad idea.

Tom

Last edited:
I'd agree with Priests tips of having something to occupy you and having your own space. Thomas's tips are all solid too. I find it, sometimes, very hard to interact with people. in my experience this has been very different than being drunk or stoned where you can use your will-power to try and act sober.

all in all, I'd say try and be as comfortable as possible: no external stressors, no paranoia of someone catching you.

Have you ever taken any psychedelic drugs at all before?

If you have eat at least 2.0g dried, if you have not eat 1.5g dried. But make sure that you and your friends have a space to yourself, don't have to go anywhere for the rest of the night or day, and have lots of music to listen to. Also don't stay indoors the entire time, unless you live in a dangerous part of your city, go outside and explore nature. I prefer tripping at night, until the next morning; but other people prefer tripping during the day and coming down at night.

Stop giving people advice on dose without knowing the species.