• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time trying meth to overcome opiate withdrawal. Please help I need answers.

GETHIMOFFTHEDRUGS

Greenlighter
Popping OXY 24hours after SMOKING METH for 3 days. Trying to kick bad OXY habit

I've been on Oxys about 150-300mg a day and its ruining me money wise. So I heard that you can get over the addiction with Crystal Meth so i decided to try this route. I did it the first day around 5PM and felt like i was on ecstasy and had no opiate withdrawal symptoms. Took about 5 or 6 good hits with a friend over a few hours. Again later that night at 1AM did about a .04 with a friend again, felt cool and stood up til the next day where I had another half a gram. After being up for 24 hours and I got nothing but anxiety but no euphoria what so ever and it was kind of driving me crazy so i ended up doing about .06 over a period of that day. I didn't enjoy it and was up all night. So the next day i decided to go back to the Oxys because it aint helping at all. Now I'm up on day 4 doing the Oxy but still wired like on meth. Is this normal? Why am i still up? The Shit made me anxious, nervous and horrible after the first day of trying it. No euphoria what so ever, I'm just curious of how long it will be before i get to sleep. I get euphoria from the Oxy but I am awake as fuck. But my friend who did for barely one day less then me got about 6 hours of sleep last night. I also have an Aortic Valve Regurgitation, but my heart beat never went above 100 beats a min. Thought I should let y'all know everything so y'all can help figure this out.:|:|:|8(

day 1- START TIME: 5PM
* smoked a .6
* feel euphoric as fuck as if on Ecstasy
END TIME: 8:40AM
*decided to buy more to help my opiate withdrawals

day 2- START TIME:3 PM
* packed about a .2
* smoked few hits every 30min-1hr
* feeling no euphoria only tons of anxiety
END TIME: 10 PM SMOKED TOTOL OF .6
*by that time I figured this shit was bunk so bought from different person

day 3- START TIME: 1:30AM
* packed small bowl
* feeling small euphoria and the anxiety from last shit
* high last 1 hour and feeling less anxious from shit before but anxiety still present
* after that last hour i never felt euphoric again, just a little anxiety relief from each hit
* hit it every 40-30 min due to thinking it wasn't enough
END TIME:8:40 AM
*saying fuck it this shit aint working so I was done with it all

day 4- START TIME: 9:21PM
* NO SLEEP JUST ANXIETY
* BACK TO OXY
* 7.5MG EVERY HOUR TO 2 HOURS
* OPIATE WITHDRAWALS GONE OF COURSE BUT STUCK UP FROM THE DOPE

IS IT NORMAL THAT I WASN'T ABLE TO GET ANY EUPHORIA AFTER THE FIRST NIGHT OF TWEAKING

CURRENTLY POPPING 90 MG OF OXY, 1/3 OF MY DAILY DOSE

HAVE ANXIETY AND NOT ABLE TO SLEEP

WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO SLEEP?????

20 hours after last meth dose i'm back to opiates but I'm kind of wired and stuck awake yet finally feeling chill because of the oxys

felt like this whole process was a waste of time seeing as how i got back on the oxys

LOL dude I dosed 60mg Adderall 50 some hours ago and still cannot sleep....

It's definitely normal you didn't get any more euphoria after the first night. I don't think anyone/ not many people can. Your brain was depleted of it's happy chemicals, and thus when you redose you just prolong the tweek but don't get the high. You may be up for quite some time...... it all depends though. Some people are sensitive like me, and some can sleep a few hours after the last hit.

Using meth to get off of opioids is a bad plan. You are just trading one addiction for one that's even worse.

Especially if you are smoking more than half a gram a day.... that's pretty heavy use. you'll be tweaked for quite some time. I wouldn't be suprised if you stay up for a few days still.

What would possibly make you think that a methamphetamine habit could possibly be a viable alternative to an opiate addiction?

As someone already told you on your other thread, those are the normal effects of staying up on meth for three days(guess you're on day four now, eh?). A smallish amount of speed will help some people mitigate the symptoms of opiate/oid w/d. But going on a multi-day binge isn't going to do anything but make you feel like crap. That's sort of how meth works.

Please stop making threads or posting altogether until you have read the BLUA and OD Guidelines, links found in my signature.

This is a harm reduction focus forum not intended to assist you with acquiring euphoria from controlled substances, especially if you're using crystal meth to quit opioid addiction. I wish I could say that's the first I've heard of such a thing but hell, in severe opioid withdrawal sometimes I have been desperate enough to do methamphetamine just to get my mind off the dysphoria. It doesn't usually turn out well. It usually ends up with me doing meth instead of opioids which is just trading addictions and if you ask me, I'd be downgrading.

Yes its normal to not get euphoria on day 2 after you've used up the majority of the dopamine during the first 24 hours of tweaking.

For what it's worth, oxycodone is a horrible drug to taper with, at least the instant release formulations are, and the current extended release formulations are inferior.

No, we can't tell you when you'll fall asleep we aren't psychic. If you do not drink alcohol or consume other CNS depressants then you could try adding one in a first generation antihistamine to help with some of the WD symptoms and hopefully insomnia. Look into Doxylamine (Unisom or whatever) I've barely taken it as I prefer other antihistamines (promethazine, hydroxyzine, diphenhydramine.... I don't need anything else, but I've never been able to use any of these for insomnia because none of the first generation "sedating" antihistamines are actually sedating to me.

But that's just my subjective experience, you should try adding in 50mg diphenhydramine (Benedryl) and see how that makes you feel, it's Over The Counter obviously.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/671345-no-euphoria-after-day-one-of-meth?p=11464828#post11464828
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...-opiate-withdrawal-Please-help-I-need-answers
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...-METH-for-3-days-Trying-to-kick-bad-OXY-habit

NO NEED FOR THREE THREADS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR NOT SPAMMING OUT BOARDS. SERIAL POSTING / BUMPING YOUR OWN THREADS / DISPLAYING NO PATIENCE USUALLY RESULTS IN LESS PEOPLE WHO BOTHER TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, BUT WE CANT HELP YOU IF YOU SPREAD YOUR OVERLAPPING/DUPLICATE QUESTIONS OUT ALL ACROSS THE FORUM.

THANKS! PLEASE READ THE LINKS IN MY SIGNATURE BEFORE POSTING AGAIN, and welcome to bluelight.

edit: duplicate threads merged

I was going to urge the OP to just forget even trying meth, even once, but alas, it's too late. :\

Teenagers reading this, NEVER try meth, heroin, GBL, or Dilaudid/Opanas, not even once. You never know what you're missing if you never put these super-addictive drugs in your body in the first place; the best way to avoid the very likely risk of becoming a drug addict is to never even try these super-potent drugs in the first place. High potency is NOT a good thing in the long run: if something makes you feel "euphoric as fuck," you are dosing WAY too high, and will just get psychologically addicted to the honeymoon-phase highs... just don't chase that white dragon you caught the first few days playing with crystal meth; you'll never catch it since those first highs of any drug are unobtainable after the honeymoon phase.

Let sleeping dogs lie, if you wanna wake them up to play, you risk turning one of those dogs in to a giant monkey on your back that will follow you for years to come, even years after you've gotten clean.

Disastrous idea.

"I don't want to be a heroin addict anymore... oh wait, I know... I'll just be a meth addict instead!" 8(

I wouldn't say it's a worse addiction

I dunno, in my eyes, street grade crystal meth usage on a daily basis is orders of magnitude more destructive than regular opioid use for a good segment of the population. Not that you can't use meth responsibly, but there isn't a "Faces of Heroin" out there now is there?

I wouldn't say it's a worse addiction, but it's still a very bad idea.

I would definitely say that methamphetamine is a worse addiction. The rate of deterioration is just..... so much faster. Not to mention that methamphetamine is actually neurotoxic in ways that opioids area totally benign. Just because I think it's (meths) ability to take from you, EVERYTHING and leave NOTHING, in next to no time at all...... I've seen lives and families from broken homes where meth reigned king, and I've seen the lives and families from broken homes where heroin reigned king..... And I've seen people who you would never suspect of using ANY drug, let alone a hard one, who maintain their habit and if they didn't tell me, I never would have guessed they used CRYSTAL METH or HEROIN.

/offtopic

"IS IT NORMAL THAT I WASN'T ABLE TO GET ANY EUPHORIA AFTER THE FIRST NIGHT OF TWEAKING "

Very normal especially when you're in opioid withdrawal. I find that a 2/3 dose (2 opioid, 3 amphetamine) provides best euphoria, when the potency ratio is oxycodone/meth. You can't really talk about euphoria unless you combine both, especially when you're in withdrawal of either one. One thing you can do is taper off opioids while supplementing meth, this will maintain euphoria while tapering you down, but this means you'll be on meth after you're done quitting...meh...

The best is to quit everything and have a shit life like the other people, I don't know what to tell you. Go to work, yes sir, right away sir, then go back home at 5, watch a boring sitcom and go to bed so you can start the same crap over the next day. And don't forget to be very happy on friday afternoon, because the week-end is coming, and guess what you'll be doing during the week-end: you'll watch 3 or even 4 sitcoms and take a boring walk along the river side while enjoying a mild headache.

I don't wana get in deep phylosophy again...there's many things I don't understand and many answers I'm currently seeking so, do what you want man ^.^

Let's filter this scientifically:

Teenagers reading this, NEVER try meth, heroin, GBL, or Dilaudid/Opanas, not even once. You never know what you're missing if you never put these super-addictive drugs in your body in the first place; the best way to avoid the very likely risk of becoming a drug addict is to never even try these super-potent drugs in the first place.

Wrong, someone may have ADD and discover the miracle drug in this way. I spend 3 years doing 1 university year in chemistry and almost got kicked the fuck out before trying amphetamines, which got me on track, made me complete both chemistry and another chemical engineering program. If I never tried the addictive drug in the first place, I would be cleaning toilets with a pair of kitchen gloves and my ass would smell so bad that it would offend any female living on planet Earth.

High potency is NOT a good thing in the long run:

Wrong. Show me proof. Hand me some proof :)

if something makes you feel "euphoric as fuck," you are dosing WAY too high, and will just get psychologically addicted to the honeymoon-phase highs...

Correct, follow this advice.

just don't chase that white dragon you caught the first few days playing with crystal meth; you'll never catch it since those first highs of any drug are unobtainable after the honeymoon phase.

Correct, follow this advice.

Let sleeping dogs lie, if you wanna wake them up to play, you risk turning one of those dogs in to a giant monkey on your back that will follow you for years to come, even years after you've gotten clean.

Ever since I bought a Honda, I became addicted to it. I need it to go to work, to go to the groceries, to pick up friends...I can't go anywhere without it. It's ruining my health, you know, before I used to walk 5 miles a day, it was healthy, and now I'm a car sitting vegetable but I can't get off the car because I'm addicted. It's bad for my health, well guess what: fuck my health, up the ass brother. Wear and tear. I don't wana die without a scar. You?

Last edited:
I know this thread is old but I just would like to say that I am about a month off my 6 year oxy "binge". I went to see an old friend I don't see too often anymore who just so happens to smoke meth like a chimney. I've tried it before in the past and on some level perhaps I was hoping it was the earth shaking life changing drug that would take over my world.

And it is a decent rush indeed for for the first 3 hours, BUT...if you have to force it it's not true love, is what I was always told. It's just not my racket. It's the opposite of my racket, in fact, but to each their own.

Anyways, I think it threw me back into a mild oxy withdrawal. Hear me out! I'm under the impression a lot of the withdrawal symptoms are a result of reduced levels of dopamine in the brain right? Meth, like Oxy, also rapes your dopamine receptors. Perhaps mine where not in any shape to take another hit at this point.

I can't find anything but good reports online about using amps to combat op withdrawal, though. Perhaps these people enjoy the amp feel enough to keep using it, therefore it keeps putting out the feel good chems for them.

That's my theory at least. What do you guys think?

Impossible they have completely different mechanism's of action. If you feel like shit after getting on Meth well that's just Meth. No sleep, food or hydration will do that. I think amphetamine would be good at combating PAWS, that annoying fatigue and lack of motivation but it's more important to recover naturally or else you'll be dealing with amphetamine withdrawal later down the track. Controlled oral doses of dextroamphetamine would do, not smoking half grams of Meth a day. In the initial stages of opiate withdrawal i can't see amphetamine improving the anxiety and sleep deprivation you'll be faced with.

IMO a small course of Benzodiazepines would be infinitely more helpful then Amphetamines.

The meth helps your body push through the withdrawal faster, it doesnt feel that great but easoer than plain WD and faster by weeks