• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment First time taking antidepressants...

Some psyche meds do help some people, sometimes. No doubt at all

Mostly, they either do fuck all or are actively terrible for people. In my (reasonably extensive) experience, also no doubt at all.

I think they may help some people to gain the stabilitity that's needed to help themselves, would be a better way to put it.

I think they may help some people to gain the stabilitity that's needed to help themselves, would be a better way to put it.
They definitely do that for some people yeah, but also I think they can genuinely help some people in and of themselves due to the emotional numbing etc. I've definitely seen these meds save lives (or masively contribute towards doing so). It's uncommon though.

It's impossible to be precise really, but as a ballpark figure throughout many years of close observation I'd say ssri's are really valuable for maybe 20% of people, and either useless or actively bad for the rest. I'd also say they are nothing short of catastrophic for a good 20% of people too. Figures just off the top of my head though

That's great - most people could do with doing that prior to going on meds if remoely possible, but anytime is a 'good' time time to do that - taking agency over your own wellbeing (note to self........)
im on the 4rd week now and its been not that great as the beginning... my lack of sleep is already affecting my energy levels during the day and emotionally I feel just like I felt before I started. In addition to that I've been cutting my thighs almost everyday (something I had never done before) just because I like the feeling of it or if im really sad. I will add the full report on Tuesday.

Not sure if this is part of the "side effects" because from what I have seen on other prozac reports, on the 3rd-4th week is when people tend to have it the worst (constant mentions about suicidal ideation and self harm behavior) or maybe I need a different dosage, or a benzo to help with the anxiety and depression that I am experiencing again while the prozac works. Maybe its nothing to do with the meds and its all about my external circumstances that are causing certain triggers. With this type of med is very hard to determine what exactly is it doing because the effect is so gradual so I don't even know what's going on but I feel like shit

:?

• Heart
Reactions: CFC