• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

First time poster, long time toker

humbleBumble1

Bluelighter
Hey everyone! Happy to be here. I have a long and storied history with our psychoactive friends (sometime they have been my sworn enemies). My use has ranged over the years from regular and habitual marijuana use, to all manner of uppers, to a life-wrecking heroin habit that I have thankfully been clean of for coming up to 10 years now. I’m now in my mid 30’s and my drug use has settled into the occasional party drug, a love affair with psychedelics (including a few wonderfully helpful micro-dosing habit), and the odd Valium to help me sleep or relax on the weekends.

In my spare time I write music, exercise, read (I’m starting to take philosophy seriously now, must be middle age setting in…), as well as write for pleasure. I’m currently trying to write a play about Timothy Leary and Ram Dass and their time at Harvard. Would love to talk about any of this with anyone!

Peace and Love x

Great minds!

Do you find your taste has changed over time? I’ve realised recently I rarely enjoy marijuana anymore. To my 18 year old self that would have been incomprehensible.
definitely - age tends to get right in the way of harcore stimulant abuse I find ;)

I still enjoy psyches occasionally and cannabis (often) though, but my cannabis use thesedays is always medicinal...still use it 5 nights a week-ish though, in all it's forms and roa's, also opiates (opium latex or oxycodone) but usually fortnightly at most...the occasional benzo here and there

definitely - age tends to get right in the way of harcore stimulant abuse I find ;)

I still enjoy psyches occasionally and cannabis (often) though, but my cannabis use thesedays is always medicinal...still use it 5 nights a week-ish though, in all it's forms and roa's, also opiates (opium latex or oxycodone) but usually fortnightly at most...the occasional benzo here and there
Interesting! I’ve never heard of opium latex. I’ve steered clear of opiates entirely since I gave them up and have sometimes wondered if I could use them again safely, though I’m sure I could never use IV again. However I usually resign myself to thinking the risk isn’t worth it for me, as disappointing as that is.

Hello, friend, welcome. 🙂 ✌️

You know.... after my own trip through, I started wondering just how many former-tweakers/would-be-relapsers nurses end up seeing come through the psych ward after two days on their old dose, committed, hallucinating like fuck and just like "wtf man, I used to be able to DO THIS?!"

So yah, fucked around, found out lol. For the best likely. 😉

🫠✌️

Do you find your taste has changed over time? I’ve realised recently I rarely enjoy marijuana anymore. To my 18 year old self that would have been incomprehensible.
This happens to a lot of people including myself around age 30. I still enjoy weed but smoke only 1/10th of what I used to in the past.

This happens to a lot of people including myself around age 30. I still enjoy weed but smoke only 1/10th of what I used to in the past.
It’s interesting, I wonder whether you would see the same development in someone who had never smoked before (so it’s some sort of wearing down or the synapses through extended use) or whether it’s something that happens naturally with age.

I used to absolutely love a huge bong rip, but the mere thought of that is enough to make me anxious now!