• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Mushroom Use, Advice Wanted?

I have tried around 30 different psychedelics and mushrooms are my favourite psychedelic by far! It feels natural unlike acid/2C-x, It can be very deep and rarely disappoints, it doesn't last forever so if your not having the best time then your not going to be hating life for the entire night. Mushrooms have characteristics than no other psych has ever allowed me to feel before. At first I felt incredibly heavy and gravity felt all wonky, and I had open eye visual and closed eye visuals that were both mindblowing! I had a pretty ridiculously large first time dose of 4g of subs(likely what you have, i've heard ppl call cubes up north "gold tops" but considering the time of year id say your having Psilocybe Subaeruginosa or Subs for short. They are the second strongest mushroom on earth next to P.Azurescens). So the dose your planning on taking sounds perfect. I don't mean to brag but i'm a hardhead when it comes to psychs and hate to be disappointed when I trip so that's why I had 4g and I have a lot of experience with other psychedelics. And it completely blew my mind, I really cant wait to trip again.

I wouldn't bother with the MDMA and if you do have it wait until after you come down from the trip which will be about 6 hours from blast off! Pot is a must but maybe leave that until after you've fully come up, if you can get nitrous id recommend that with most psychedelics.

Good luck! If you enjoy this and eventually enjoy the psychedelic experience it will bring you much joy and insight into your life in the future.

Thanks the_ketaman! I've got one last question ask of any of you, I've got them semi wet (basically fresh) and I've wrapped them in paper towels with silica beads (co2 absorbers) and then wrapped in a paper bag to be stored in the dry glove box of my car. Will they store for 48 hours like this or would they perhaps be better in the fridge? (This may not be possible but I'll see what I can do) thanks in advance

No put them in the freezer!!! NOW!!! Mushrooms can degrade incredibly quickly, go mouldy, there could be larvae in the shrooms and if the insects hatch in your shrooms they will be eaten in no time by the critters.

Ive never had fresh mush but when I eventually go picking ill be putting them in a food dehydrator until theyre dry enough to be powderized and cap the powder and with that method you can trust that every dose will be the same potency rather than eating different shrooms which each have various amounts of the active ingredient and that can result in one person tripping really hard and another feeling almost nothing. But the main thing here is you need to save those shrooms now!

I find mushrooms very social up to 30 lib caps and off to the pub, but I am at it over 30 years I agree with those who are recommending micro dosing, you can always dipdip for more if you are enjoying it

Low doses can be good for parties. They can be a little unpredictable, potency can vary a lot, but on under 2g dried it's unlikely you'd freak out with most mushrooms.

They're better in a slightly higher dose with a few other people who are also tripping.

Disastrous nightmares only tend to happen at high doses with people who have a few issues previously.

Yea, the experience was actually fine, both gatherings were fine on them, the larger one more so because of the mind set towards drugs was better there I feel. Going out on the town was uncomfortable, slightly doable but I probably wouldn't attempt again. Overall I had an entertaining night, but I did end up mixing the shrooms with some pot and an mdma tablet. Was definietly fine in doing that, just felt a little bad I didn't let the mushrooms have there full effect on me unadulterated

Only you know where you are comfortable. I'm massively introverted, so I pretty much exclusively trip solo. That way I can control my environment, no surprises, plenty of time for introspection.

For more extroverted types I would imagine you might want one or two close friends to be there for support.

I did end up mostly needing the few close people I had as a sitters, they mostly grounded me if I ever felt a little uncomfortable in anyones presence. Overall a very interesting experience, not one to be abused but definitely fun. Having someone to talk to when you need though is definitely a must