View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time Microdosing

kenlee

Bluelighter
I took 0.5 grams of truffles on an empty stomach and the taste was very sour but water helped it go down, as directed I chewed them well and after about 45mins I felt this warm glow surrounding me and my mood went from depressed to happy and feeling good, about 1 hour 30 in I started feeling anxiety after a fun fight broke out in my game so I switched it off and went to find better surroundings and I calmed down and continued to feel great, music started to sound better.I find myself able to think about the things that triggered my ptsd and they are not upsetting me as much. 2 hours in and my focus seems a lot better and I feeling more empathy which isn’t something I feel very often because I just usually feel numb.
It’s early days but I feel safe after taking 0.5g so I will continue this experiment to see if it can help my mental health.

Glad it worked out for you, @kenlee.
Because you mention microdose, and also mentioned a touch of anxiety, I want to share with you that .5g is more like a low-dose.
If you wanna go on a microdose (although to each their own), try .1 - .2 grams. It can have wonderful, lasting effects from sub-perceptual doses.
Even without big noticeable effects, the tiny doses do help with ptsd, anxiety, etc.
I MD both shrooms and ergolines, and it definitely works.
Give a smaller dose a try for MD’ing - bigger ones for heroic “I made it thru that - everything else is now simpler” kinda thing.
Not to preach to you, but just thought I’s mention that success can be had with less.
Cheers and I hope it keeps working for you!

Glad it worked out for you, @kenlee.
Because you mention microdose, and also mentioned a touch of anxiety, I want to share with you that .5g is more like a low-dose.
If you wanna go on a microdose (although to each their own), try .1 - .2 grams. It can have wonderful, lasting effects from sub-perceptual doses.
Even without big noticeable effects, the tiny doses do help with ptsd, anxiety, etc.
I MD both shrooms and ergolines, and it definitely works.
Give a smaller dose a try for MD’ing - bigger ones for heroic “I made it thru that - everything else is now simpler” kinda thing.
Not to preach to you, but just thought I’s mention that success can be had with less.
Cheers and I hope it keeps working for you!
truffles are most often sold fresh in my opinion, maybe kenlee meant .5g fresh? which would be more like 50mg dry or something

truffles are most often sold fresh in my opinion, maybe kenlee meant .5g fresh? which would be more like 50mg dry or something
I totally agree the leaflet said to have 0.5mg and that’s why I tried for my first dose but then I took 1g and wow 😮 definitely more beneficial, I was always scared to try them because I never really want to trip but my mood and emotions tonight are better, I always would like psychedelics in my life as a medicine. I got zero nausea and even food tastes great. I played my game for a few hours when I ate some and then ate and went to bed and feel wonderful really. No other medicines ever caused me to feel this well in my mind and I even loved having kitten cuddles with my kitten And I just feel like I love everything tonight rather than hate everything and it’s a major step towards.

as you upped the amount,
now you need to leave an extra day until the next time you dose, due to the higher measure of micro-dose medicine consuming additional available 5HT receptors (they need to replenish to full to keep micro-dosing regularly)

I usually take 1/4 tab and leave 2 or 3 days off between sessions, but 1/8 or 1/10 can be done every other day indefinitely.
however my 1/4 tab is probably too much of a clown show unless you work alone at home or do it after work.

So after a week of micro dosing I have less bad days and I enjoy engaging in conversation and activity and it’s like the clouds been lifted really

the doctors couldn’t help me everything I tried for the past 17 years didn’t help and often therapy left me feeling worse and was costing me several hundred a month until my therapist shared her emails and my phone number with her friends and I found out so stopped therapy but nothing has helped my mood as much as micro dosing has and costs way less than therapy did for me

I was close to the edge, ready to give up on life after I lost everything, and was abused both mentally and sexually and it doesn’t make it go away yet but it’s made me able to live with the bad things that happened and and grow, why this miracle medicine is illegal in some places I don’t know. It’s madness

I feel like I can live and love again and feel empathy and all these emotions when in the past I was numb, I don’t know the long term effects of use but I don’t care about that because I had a poor quality of life and that’s changed now so the good days I have make a different.

YES to this ^^
Very glad to hear your report, and that it’s making a positive difference. I can relate to some of your experiences and found that trauma never really “goes away,” but I can at least look at it now - and just that is huge!
So, good for you for doing this and being sensible about it.
Remember to take breaks from the MD routine as well!

One reason they outlawed this molecule is for the very reason that it can Open the doors and reduce life-fears. Nothing else comes closer to a bio-hack, IMO.
Stay in touch, @kenlee and stay open as you are. :)

@DrumTripper I take breaks, have several days off and today was another day I took after a break and I feel amazing and it just comes over like a wave of warm happiness and smiles. The only negative is the taste but I wash with down with milkshake. I prefer to dose at night so I can put something good on tv it listen to music and just relax. when I first tried MD I was a bit anxious as I wasn’t sure what I expect but now It’s just a positive experience and maybe one day when I am ready I will have a trip but I think I am a few years away from considering that.

Update, I was in a bad place today emotionally so I was due a dose so I had some truffles and now I am on cloud 9 and feel so happy and loving 🥰

back to volumetric (~12mics) microdosing yesterday after months of minidosing.
micro is really fine, a perceptual existential difference and no drawbacks.
the subtle extra depth of ordinary things invigorates.