View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time LSD: What to expect?

NotAMethHead1

Greenlighter
I will be trying LSD in a few days as my first psychedelic. I'm not sure of the dosage but I am going to take 1-2 tabs. How many tabs should I take? What should I expect from the experience? Should I stay home or go out somewhere? Will I be able to control myself? (have conversations with sober people, perform basic tasks, etc..) Is it true that once I do psyches, weed won't be the same? Is there a way to prevent this? Sorry for all the questions but I am very curious. Thank you, all help is appreciated.

(P.S. I only ever smoke weed and this will be my second drug.)

How many tabs should I take?
One.
What should I expect from the experience?
Expect nothing, prepare for anything.
Should I stay home or go out somewhere?
Stay home but be prepared to go outside.
Will I be able to control myself? (have conversations with sober people, perform basic tasks, etc..)
Don't count on it. Make sure you have a safe place you can go to if you feel like you can't handle the world at some point.
Is it true that once I do psyches, weed won't be the same?
Maybe for a few days.
Is there a way to prevent this?
Not really.

Last edited:
Don't worry and don't think about anything get your IPOD kick back somewhere outside and just let it take you. I like to wrap up in one of those fuzzy feeling blankets and for some reason I always love having it over my head so that I have a little hood to look out of...anyone else xD!? Take 2 if you SURE its real, and don't be around anyone except maybe a close friend, I prefer alone because sometimes other people make me feel very uncomfortable when I trip. They could say the wrong thing...no good when your in such a state of mind. It goes two ways though, its nice to have a close friend if your body starts having a bad reaction or if you start tripping tits up. That's what happened last time to me and man was it a completely terrible night. I had a bad reaction to whatever I took and caused me to get a black eye, was considering going to the hospital...another thing if your doing it with a friend, make sure you pick your friend wisely because my trip sitter passed out when my face was swelling. I'm sure you will have a blast, I just can't express the importance of knowing your chemical and listening to your body. I have stopped doing cid and now stick to natural psyches just because of that experience...i'm afraid to touch it again. If I was a chemist and made it myself I defiantly would drop more.