Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time doing DMT.... Kinda have some questions

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey BL,
Well lastnight I had my first long awaited DMT trip It took me by surprise as I have been trying to find some DMT for a very long time to no avail and a friend just randomly rocked up and gave me some for free (its my birthday tomorrow). It was like a gift from above as it is incredibly INCREDIBLY hard to find in my neck of the woods. Anyway I had a crappy night at work and finished at 9:30pm but in spite of this I was still in a good headspace because it is my birthday tomorrow and I have time booked off and that was my last shift before time off so ofcourse it was gonna suck. Im very experienced with stimulants and opiates and most other drugs except im not very experienced with psychedelics aside from DXM (if you can even call DXM a psychedelic) Ive done shrooms and acid a few times but I dont think I have ever had a "true" psychedelic experience.... that is until lastnight.
Well all I can really say about the trip is 2 things...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT?
&
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?

I went into this with the intention of exploring myself a little deeper (which is what I like to use DXM for) but I just went with it and it was very pleasurable and it took me from my room in to this place that seemed so familiar and for lack of a better word "dejavu-ey" in a matter of 5 seconds, yet I could not make any sense of it at all? I must admit the feeling a few seconds after you exhale the DMT of it just engulfing your brain and instantly taking you off for a trip is certainly not for the faint of heart but also second to none. Hands down. I guess is what I am asking here is how are you meant to interpret a psychedelic trip specifically DMT or are you even meant to try and interpret it? Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I walked away from that scratching my head trying to piece it together... How can I learn from DMT?

Hey BL,
Well lastnight I had my first long awaited DMT trip It took me by surprise as I have been trying to find some DMT for a very long time to no avail and a friend just randomly rocked up and gave me some for free (its my birthday tomorrow). It was like a gift from above as it is incredibly INCREDIBLY hard to find in my neck of the woods. Anyway I had a crappy night at work and finished at 9:30pm but in spite of this I was still in a good headspace because it is my birthday tomorrow and I have time booked off and that was my last shift before time off so ofcourse it was gonna suck. Im very experienced with stimulants and opiates and most other drugs except im not very experienced with psychedelics aside from DXM (if you can even call DXM a psychedelic) Ive done shrooms and acid a few times but I dont think I have ever had a "true" psychedelic experience.... that is until lastnight.
Well all I can really say about the trip is 2 things...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT?
&
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?

I went into this with the intention of exploring myself a little deeper (which is what I like to use DXM for) but I just went with it and it was very pleasurable and it took me from my room in to this place that seemed so familiar and for lack of a better word "dejavu-ey" in a matter of 5 seconds, yet I could not make any sense of it at all? I must admit the feeling a few seconds after you exhale the DMT of it just engulfing your brain and instantly taking you off for a trip is certainly not for the faint of heart but also second to none. Hands down. I guess is what I am asking here is how are you meant to interpret a psychedelic trip specifically DMT or are you even meant to try and interpret it? Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I walked away from that scratching my head trying to piece it together... How can I learn from DMT?
I really don't think anyone can answer your question, only you can answer that. All I can say is maybe try taking a little less. I smoked heroic doses a few times when my stock was plentiful, and that just resulted in a very confusing trip that I could barely remember or make sense of. A lower dose was a sweet spot, all the beauty of the Dimitriverse with stunning euphoria that I could experience with a sense of serenity or calm. I never tried to overanalyse the experiences, sometimes I learnt something but more often than not it was just an extraordinarily pretty show.