View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time CWE of 3oz delsym

mysticreven

Greenlighter
So today I decided to try out DXM for the first time. I got myself a 3oz bottle of delsym because it was the only cough syrup I could find without any guaifenesin in it and I have IBS so anything that makes it less work on my stomach the better. So I did my extraction of the dxm and i drank about 500mg of it mixed in apple juice at around 4:30am. I also hadn't eaten yet so I had a little salad too. Its 8:00 am now and I feel almost no different. There is a little bit of a foggy-head kinda feel but nothing else so far.

Now I know Delsym has the Polistirex DXM in it which is extended release, but after 3 hours I really expected it to start kicking in hard. Maybe I'm not patient enough and it will slowly come on in the next hour or so? Or is a 3oz bottle not enough to get anything? I'm about 200lbs so i thought for a first timer this would be more than enough.

Your dose should be enough but I hope you did an allergy test beforehand. DXM can take a long time to kick in but 3 hours should be sufficent. Don't know about the Polistirex form though.
Maybe the extraction you did only works on the DXM Hbr? How did you do the procedure?

sometimes if my stomach was empty when i dosed, i need to eat a little bit to get things kicking in. no big meals, just like a couple slices of buttered toast or something to that extent.

I ended up getting impatient and after about 5 hours I decided that nothing was going to happen and changed my plans for the day, so I ended up procuring some lsd and did a tab around 2p.m. figuring since it had been about 10 hours the 2 shouldn't interfere since basically nothing happened off the dxm. Needless to say I was completely wrong. But thats a different story and I'll probably post a trip report about that soon.

The extraction method I used was this http://i.imgur.com/60mTWEf.png

It seemed to do a good job of extracting it. Next time I think I will stick with the Dxm Hbr so it won't be such a slow long come up. My metabolism is pretty slow so I think that was the main factor as to why nothing happened for so long.

gotta repeat -- the buttered toast trick really does work

a slice or two an hour or two after dosing

kicks in very soon after that every time

Well I had some oatmeal and a banana and that really did seem to help a bit
. Next time I think maybe I'll snack a bit and go for a jog or something to get it digested faster.

yeah a walk on the come up helps quite a bit too

just anything to get your metabolism going -- DXM is not a molecule that your body is used to dealing with (at first at least). getting your body to start processing it takes a bit of a kickstart.