• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Prose First "Surrealist" Short Story I've written. Only one page long. It's called "Paradoxical Sleep". Please tell me what you think.

keseyhitchens

Bluelighter
Surrealism is my favorite genre of visual art and probably art in general. In a way short stories are visual art but the vision take place not in real life but they are conjured in your mind by the words on the page. I generally don't like saying what my art means because often it means nothing, or I see things differently at different times. Also when a writer does that it robs the reader of finding their own meaning. When you read this story or any other of mine, my answer to the question "what does it mean?" is first always "Whatever it means to you is what it means". All that being said, please feel free to ask questions about the story and give me your honest opinion. Criticism is also wanted. One critique i got that was great was that I need to be more grounded and linear about the girls path home, to give a sort of reality check to the prose about the things she sees. So if that is one of your critiques I've already gotten it and it's noted and I will work on it. Also, the title is a working title. I like the phrase but it's just not quite right to me, therefore if you have any suggestions for title I'd love to hear them. The actually text itself is done. I've tweaked and changed this piece for almost two years (not everyday, it probably took a month of work spread out over that time). Let's get to the bacon. So the synopsis of the story is simple. A girl is walking home from school and she looks around and sees things. That's it. Here is the link to the google docs so you can view it. If you don't feel comfortable opening the link I can copy and paste it here but idk how to do that without screwing up the way the text is positioned (which is essential to get the rhythm of the story. Without further ado:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18xrss99mGvG1fFM6jZcVGic_siOYv1yp/view?usp=sharing

Thank you everyone in advance for taking time out of your life to read my work. It means more to me than you'll ever know. Peace & Love.