• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First proper dxm trip what happened?

BlueDoggo

Greenlighter
Apologies in advance for this being so long but I tried to keep it short as well as fitting in everything. So a couple weeks ago I took dxm for the third time and had the best but worst time of my life.

The first two times I took it, it was a low dose of about 100-150mg feeling very little if not nothing, certain it was all placebo about 6 months after that I took 350-400mg which should've been a second plateau/ possibly third and ended up falling asleep but woke up two hours after feeling what I'd call a drunk feeling, I couldn't really walk properly and had the worst itch of my life but still enjoyed the trip. The next time I had 300mg and smoked a bowl about 40 minutes after and had a few cev's but nothing too amazing, I figured I just needed more and to wait some time instead of dosing one day after the other.

About 2 months after I decided to take a whole bottle of robitussin dry cough syrup which was 750mg of dxm. I figured that the 400mg didn't do much so I'd do close to doubling it, reaching the 4th plateau for my weight. I weigh about 83kg btw. I was quite confident that I could handle this amount and had researched plenty before hand, I just didn't want to have another disappointing trip.I fasted for about 7-8 hours and around 10pm drank the bottle, chased it with a few sips of pineapple juice and then brushed my teeth.I chilled in bed for a while, had my fairy lights on and just watched Netflix for a little while. After about 20 minutes I felt slight effects but I was unsure if it was placebo or the dxm kicking in.

After about 40 minutes it kicked in and I turned my lights off and Tv and put some music on. I shut my eyes and had cev's similar to the ones I get when I'm really baked, I often get cev's from bud so it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.I began getting really itchy and remembered a shower helped last time so i turned my fairy lights on and I walked to my bathroom which is a couple meters away as I have my own bathroom and took my UE boom in there with me so I still had music. I often shower in the dark and so I did that. I sat on my shower floor listening to some edm and it was such an unreal experience. Something weird I remember was I could see the fairy lights from my room on, under my door and my lights are blue so while looking at that I felt calm and kinda cool, but looking at the other door in my bathroom that leads to my hallway I could see the hallway light on and it was a yellow/orange color and it just made me uneasy and I didn't want to see it, it just felt too warm to look at.

I was in the shower for 13 minutes and went back in my room, i decided to check for some music recommendations for tripping on dxm and my mum came into the room to tell me she was going out. I think I spoke to her fine I just acted as if I was really tired.For the next hour and a half I was laying there with my eyes open seeing things on my roof and having mad visuals. I felt as if my desk in my room was so far away and that my roof was taller than ever, where I was felt so small and so far away from everything.An hour and a half went by so quickly it only felt like a couple minutes I was so shocked that id stared at the roof seeing things for so long.

The visuals began to go away so I thought I was coming down and decided to listen to some bones and just chill and see if I could sleep, I know it's hard to sleep on dxm but I've managed it before. The next 20 minutes I had some trippy thoughts, I don't remember what they were but I just remember writing on my phone that I had the trippiest thoughts ever.This was around 2am when I thought it was all over but I was so wrong and the next however long I barely remember or can recall so I'm trying my best to mention everything I remember no matter how weird it sounds.

I just remember after god knows how long the itch coming back and I couldn't scratch it hard enough on the back of my neck/head and my arms. I told myself to stop scratching as it only makes it worse and I tried to distract myself from it. I don't know how long after but I felt like everything around me was really dark with a red hue and I was laying on my stomach kinda, like my knees were bent and my head was in my pillow and I just remember feeling really hot, dark red was everywhere and I could still feel the itch. I didn't know what was happening and I thought to myself either I'm dying and if not I wanted to die. I'm quite prone to anxiety on bud and thought maybe this is just my anxiety as I have it so I began to try and calm myself down. But this red uncomfortable feelings overtook me. All of a sudden I could see myself laying on that position on the bed, I still have no idea how I felt about seeing myself there, I question it now how I was able to see my own self laying there. I got up and I don't know where I was trying to go or what I was trying to do but I got to my bedroom door and opened it after falling over heaps. I had little to no control.

About 4am I woke up, I don't know if I even slept I don't think I did because I became aware that I was in my hallway, just last my bathroom door so I didn't make it far but I had two posters from my walls ripped off and I was laying on one of them and the other was next to me. I don't know how I got the posters or when I did and I had no idea what happened for the last 2 hours.I decided to have a bite of my toast I had next to my bed and then went to the shower where I threw up, it was all pink from the robittusin and I then went back to my bed where I lay for hours talking to a friend about what happened.

Was this considered a fourth plateau trip or something more and has anyone else ever seen their own body just laying there like I did, it was such an unreal out of body experience and is it normal to not know what happens for hours of the trip.I'm also really lost about the seeing all black and red as I've not read about anyone else experiencing that, I could only guess that it's to do with the loss of my senses but I'm still unsure. If anyone could enlighten me on what the hell happened with the whole seeing my own body was i just tripping that hard or if you've had any experiences like this and you want to share that'd be mad.
:D

You took a huge amount of dxm.

Dxm is metabolized to dextorphan (dxo) by the enzyme cyp2d6 p450

Dxo blocks a receptor in your brain called nmda it is a glutamte receptor. Glutamate is the primart excititory neurotrnsmitter in your brain.

Dextorphan is considered a dissoxiative hallucinogen.

By interfering with the normal brains ability to send messages to other parts of the brain

It interactions with areas like your cerrebellum and motor cortex making your body unable to make fine tuned movements
It decreases activity in the medil prefrontal correx reducing your sense of control. For example amphetamine acutely increases activity in the mpfc making people feel more in control ie i choose not to eat the cookie but also some unplesant things like thinking about the future.

Dxm and dxomblock nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Which sounds complicated but thibk of it like this nicotine iss in tobacco people amoke and feel happier so its no surprise a enormous amount of nicotinic acetylcholine antagonism could interfere with normal mood in emotion areas od the brain like the striatum and ventral tegmental area. Additionally while low doses of nmda antagonism may increase activity in these emotional areas highndoses interfere with their normal functioning. Similar to how ssme beer makes you happy alot of beer makes you cry in misery

Amnesia is very common by blocking ndma receptors you interfere woth mormal signaling in the hippocampus responsible for basiclly think of the hippocmmpus like a secretary it takes in a bunch of informattion then compresses it down into what is important and writes it down documenting it for later.

Altered depth perception and size is also exremely common some call it alice in wonderland syndrome. Also altered sound both sound and vision are processed in the brain in areas like the visual cortex and auditory cortex .

Also pupile dialation can cause extreme discomfort in light rooms because your eyea are unable to accomidate by contricting the pupil