• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First opioid attempt with Percocet, nothing interesting.

Hydro803

Greenlighter
Hello there. I'm fairly new here and was looking for some insight about a dud experience.

Straight to the point- I've never taken any opiates before, at all. I smoke cannabis, but hadn't for about three weeks.
I don't take any other drugs regularly.
Method of ingestion was six crushed and parachuted Percs, 5/325. Which should be 30mg Oxycodone. I can report no interesting sensations, or sense of relaxation at all.
I'm 21, 6'2". Empty stomach aside from some arizona iced tea.
What kinds of things could have inhibited the drug?
Could this be a natural tolerance?

it could be that you just don't find opiates very interesting-I wouldn't try it again though, their effect is really subtle and addiction it quite insidious. You get this taste for it without knowing and one day you'll find yourself wanting it more than pussy or dick if you don't watch it.

EDIT/
also wanted to note that when I first started using opiates for some reason (heroin was the first one I tried) I could not obtain any sort of buzz off of oxy or hydrocodone- this wasn't due to tolerance because that first year I could abstain from heroin for weeks and after about a month your tolerance is pretty baseline and I remember just not getting any euphoria off the thebaine derivatives, it might just be that I have a taste for more 'pure' opiates that are sedating, IDK, a few years later though I thought oxy was pretty fucking awesome for the brief period of time that my tolerance was low enough to enjoy it. I'm not suggesting you try heroin btw.

Last edited:
Like the above poster said, their effect is very subtle. I believe when I first took a 512 years ago, I got nauseous and didn't see the point until years later. Whenever I took these or vicodin (and they're from an OLD bottle), it was for migraines and I didn't really notice anything really. Then one day recreationally with some buddies, I took 3 512s and realized my hypervigilence went away... Mind you, this was a 5 year span. I finally figured out that it was helping me with PTSD, and nothing else was doing it for me. It was nice, but heroin really did it for me.. that was when I finally understood the appeal, and yes it surely was more sedating.

Agree with the other posts -it's a more subtle high (if you could even call it that), especially if you already have certain expectations. I don't smoke, but used to many years ago. If I were going from weed to opiates I'd definitely have some sort of expectation. As for Oxy, I don't get the euphoria with it as much as I do with hydro or even tram. You might consider yourself fortunate if you're totally disinterested because as mentioned above, it's not like weed at all. Once it sinks its claws into your soul, you're fugged.

A lower dose like 5-15 is usually when people have that complaint, for me 10mgs hydro or perc wasn't enough truly notice, but when you're injured they help with pain - and when you run out is when you realize that everything just felt better on them. However there are those that simply do not like opiates, which may be you. Stay away from them if thats the case, because if you're ever injured or ill and in pain they will do wonders (for us junkies, ex- or otherwise), it is virtually impossible to get pain relief from them without monster doses, especially if you're on buprenorphine maintenance like me.

If you don't even get a good feeling off of 30mg of oxy that's a good sign to never take opiates again, unless in pain. My first time getting an opiate buzz was on 5mg of hydrocodone, it was anything but subtle.

At the time I was severely depressed, going from the bottom of a pit to Mount Everest is a lot different then living in the middle of the mountain then getting shot to the top. You might also have brain chemistry that isn't very compatible with opiates, it's hard to say. It's already been said, stop now.

What did the pills look like/ had printed on them? Even if from a bottle.

Also there is about 8-12% of the population that because of the enzymes that metabolize oxycodone and other thebaine/codein derivitives into morphine and Xmorphones used CYP2D6 to generally turn it into why really get ma you high, with the same enzyme and 3A4 used for break down and excretions, its possible that you are on of those 10% that have high levels of those enzymes. Or low, depending. With oxy im not sure if it's high or low enzymes (or of which one... One high the other low can have a totally different effect on metabolism of drug if either are in any combination of "unnatural" levels) but it could keep it from turning into oxymorphone or other active metabolites or be excreting it too fast and breaking down to fast into inactive or a combination of all of them.

Have you ever had IV opiates in a hospital setting? If those worked then it is probably an enzyme situation or the pills aren't labeled right or are fakes etc. or maybe if you try it again you will have a totally different experience. When I was like fifteen forty mg of oral hydro with no tolerance other than trying codein a bunch of times but not consecutively, I had the hydro nods like I was on smack.

Just some possibilities; if you answer my first questions we could rule out a couple things.

Last edited:
I usually do hydrocodone because I have a (limited) supply of them a month.Opiates to me are great but I don't recommend them period. I wish I had stayed with weed but eh.

shut up and stop bitching.

what do you want to hear? that you are an idiot who sniffed perc 5's and would have been better off eating them? or do you want us to worry that you are trying to abuse drugs at such a young age (21) and you should be ashamed of yourself and should go back to smoking weed because its so close to be legalized around the US. tell us what you want to hear so we know what you want and can make you happy.

as for me, I feel you are a fool who went into something you knew nothing about and expected something that never came. you SNIFFED perc 5's - that is TERRIBLE; way too much powder to be putting in your nose. the thought of putting all that up my nose makes me sick. if you want to get high from an opiate then make sure you are getting the RIGHT opiates; those perc 5's are NOT really the best for what you are looking for. however, you did 30MG's and felt nothing? are you sure you didnt take a bunch of tylonal because even w/ your height/weight you should have been LIT THE FUCK UP if it was your 1st time. you mentioned weed and nothing else you did weeks earlier; that has NOTHING to do w/ ANYTHING!

if you wanted to try again, then try again. get a perc 30 - if you can. break it in half. swallow the fucking pill or SNIFF that one, not a bunch of 5's. way too much junk. dont worry about what time of the day it is, how long its been since your last beer or puff of weed, or whatever else you want to mention. the drug is the drug; it works regardless. everyone will have a different feeling; we are not all the same person. percs/opiate are a great drug which is why they are number 1 most abused in the country (assuming you are from US). if you really want advice - smarten up and be lucky you didnt get a rush; before you know it you will be jamming needles in your arm and chasing a high that never existed.

be good and smarten up; 21 - young but believe it or not many people in todays world are already junked out and recovered by 21 - so turn your head the other way and stick to the sobriety part you mention. you know, the 2 weeks w/o smoking weed thing.

shut up and stop bitching.

what do you want to hear? that you are an idiot who sniffed perc 5's and would have been better off eating them? or do you want us to worry that you are trying to abuse drugs at such a young age (21) and you should be ashamed of yourself and should go back to smoking weed because its so close to be legalized around the US. tell us what you want to hear so we know what you want and can make you happy.

as for me, I feel you are a fool who went into something you knew nothing about and expected something that never came. you SNIFFED perc 5's - that is TERRIBLE; way too much powder to be putting in your nose. the thought of putting all that up my nose makes me sick. if you want to get high from an opiate then make sure you are getting the RIGHT opiates; those perc 5's are NOT really the best for what you are looking for. however, you did 30MG's and felt nothing? are you sure you didnt take a bunch of tylonal because even w/ your height/weight you should have been LIT THE FUCK UP if it was your 1st time. you mentioned weed and nothing else you did weeks earlier; that has NOTHING to do w/ ANYTHING!

if you wanted to try again, then try again. get a perc 30 - if you can. break it in half. swallow the fucking pill or SNIFF that one, not a bunch of 5's. way too much junk. dont worry about what time of the day it is, how long its been since your last beer or puff of weed, or whatever else you want to mention. the drug is the drug; it works regardless. everyone will have a different feeling; we are not all the same person. percs/opiate are a great drug which is why they are number 1 most abused in the country (assuming you are from US). if you really want advice - smarten up and be lucky you didnt get a rush; before you know it you will be jamming needles in your arm and chasing a high that never existed.

be good and smarten up; 21 - young but believe it or not many people in todays world are already junked out and recovered by 21 - so turn your head the other way and stick to the sobriety part you mention. you know, the 2 weeks w/o smoking weed thing.

First off, I COMPLETELY agree with Boston on the snorting that many percs. Your nasal membrane can only absorb so much and all pills have binders in them. Which means you probably didn't even get a full perc into your system so no wonder you didn't feel anything you just wasted perfectly good drugs lol. Second, your age doesn't matter or your sobriety because OBVIOUSLY you aren't sober anymore. I'm 23 and I've been on dope since I was 14 your age isn't anything special bro. Anyways, I would recommend sticking to your weed. It's safe for you unless you're gonna eat which...please don't because you'd probably end up overdosing.

I just took 2 1/2 hydrocodone/ apap 40 minutes ago on and nothing's happening what's up?

lol, dude, really? did you not just read what we just said. WHY. why do people do this stuff!?

what does that mean? 2.5 hydrocodone? so you took Vicodin, right? so you took 12.5MG of Vicodin and asking why you are not feeling anything? and you took it 40 minutes ago? well, it will usually give you a kick around the 30-45 minute mark, so let it ride out and see what happens. the 12.5MG is nothing major but if its your first time then yes, you should feel something. I am NOT SURE what you people are looking for. we are talking about painkillers here; we are also talking about a somewhat small dosage, so what did you expect to feel? you may get a good overall sense of "well being". I hate saying it but its what really happens. you just feel a bit happier about life, things around you, not as many worries, etc. you just feel "good" about life; confident in what you are doing and what is happening. were you expecting your brain to nod off and go into space?

serious question to both of you - WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK YOU WOULD FEEL FROM TAKING OPIATES!? WHAT FEELINGS DID YOU THINK YOU WOULD GET? COMPARE THEM TO WHAT YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD FEEL LIKE!

I just took 2 1/2 hydrocodone/ apap 40 minutes ago on and nothing's happening what's up?

What mgs? 10/325s? 5/500s? 7.5s? That wouldn't do shit for me, I have to take at least 4 of the 10/325s to actually get "high" 6-7 to nod. Which I wouldn't recommend that at ALL. Very stupid. Plus 40 min isn't really long enough to feel anything for me...give it another 15-20 min. For me hydros peak around 1- 1 1/2 hours unless I chew em.

lol, dude, really? did you not just read what we just said. WHY. why do people do this stuff!?

what does that mean? 2.5 hydrocodone? so you took Vicodin, right? so you took 12.5MG of Vicodin and asking why you are not feeling anything? and you took it 40 minutes ago? well, it will usually give you a kick around the 30-45 minute mark, so let it ride out and see what happens. the 12.5MG is nothing major but if its your first time then yes, you should feel something. I am NOT SURE what you people are looking for. we are talking about painkillers here; we are also talking about a somewhat small dosage, so what did you expect to feel? you may get a good overall sense of "well being". I hate saying it but its what really happens. you just feel a bit happier about life, things around you, not as many worries, etc. you just feel "good" about life; confident in what you are doing and what is happening. were you expecting your brain to nod off and go into space?

serious question to both of you - WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK YOU WOULD FEEL FROM TAKING OPIATES!? WHAT FEELINGS DID YOU THINK YOU WOULD GET? COMPARE THEM TO WHAT YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD FEEL LIKE!

I hope to god they aren't using Vicodin... you can be so much safer if you take Lortabs or Norcos while getting high because the apap is lower. VICODIN THE LIVER MURDERER

I took 12.5 mgs and it is my first time, it's not Vicodin, I want to take my other 2 1/2 but idk, again don't be to judgmental I'm just asking, and it's a 5/100

I took 12.5 mgs and it is my first time, it's not Vicodin, I want to take my other 2 1/2 but idk, again don't be to judgmental I'm just asking, and it's a 5/100

Count up the amount of APAP before you go to take them to make sure it's safe. You should not have more than 2000mg of APAP to be safe, less than 4000mg a day. APAP will fuck your liver up and you will die.

Thanks I'm just gonna sell the rest to someone else I'm good with a Miller high life and a couple bowls

5/500 is generic Vicodin. And sorry for my earlier post I didn't realize he snorted percs; no beuno. That's why you didn't get high.

I took forty my first time of hydro and got lit bit twenty should give some kind of feeling.

Ok end redeeming my misinformed former reply as I never would think someone would snort percs. Dunno how I missed that haha