• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

First Drug Ever Tried?

What was the first recreational drug you tried?

• Total voters
Is nicotine considered a drug? If so10, if not then alcohol 11. Marijuana 12 ( I personally don't consider it a drug though). Cocaine 14. Methamphetamines 15

Alcohol like most.

But if we exclude the things society doesn't consider "drugs" for some reason it was a benzo.

Started smoking weed in sixth grade. Alcohol was out since my family universally prefers it, so I went chemical to afford my car insurance. Then nicotine , just to look hip in the coffee shop. After that, my life became a total meth.

Wish I'd thought of it that way. But when I started, they said methamphetamine was non-addictive and had no lasting side effects. This was in '79. Since then, I've discovered that everyone knew the truth but me. Too late by then, I didn't care.

Alcohol out of the parent's liquor cabinet was the first thing I tried. Followed soon thereafter by hydrocodone out of the parent's medicine cabinet. Both of these around age 13 or 14. Took another 2 years and a bunch of other substances before I had any desire to smoke marijuana.

My gateway drug was alcohol. My parents thought it was cute to let me sip beer when I was really young (like 3yrs old - saw pictures). Also wine at dinner since I was 8yrs old. First drunk was at 12yrs old. Didn't try pot until I was 15. At 16 it was LSD then coke at 17yrs old.

The first drug I tried was alcohol. Then I tried Ambien (I was really fascinated by it's recreational use for some reason), then weed, then kpins. This was when I was 13.

Hydrocodone, alcohol, weed, lsd.....in that order. I loved 3 of them and the one that starts with "a" was a dizzy mess.

I forget if it was Adderall or OxyContin (I had drank some before those but not enough to actually get drunk so I don't think that counts) tried both in the same week I think. I remember snorting an Adderall XR without crushing all the beads, shit that was painful lol

Alcohol, somewhere around 8-9 yrs old. Weed is not a gateway drug, alcohol is.

I'd say I was around the same age as well. Use to pour some of the old mans johnny walker or wild turkey in my coke can and go for a walk.
Peer pressure and wanting to fit in was my gateway.

So, I'm not sure what my excuse is now.

I'd say I was around the same age as well. Use to pour some of the old mans johnny walker or wild turkey in my coke can and go for a walk.
Peer pressure and wanting to fit in was my gateway.

So, I'm not sure what my excuse is now.

Right, its very hard to justify subtance abuse now a days. I am not disabled in any way shape or form. Maybe i will be someday thanks to my inability to control my habits (at least to this point).

I'm considered disabled by definition. Nerve damage from my tailbone up my right side. Going on bout 10 years.
I've been on a run the past 2 weeks. Some emotional crap also was an excuse to start up again. I know what I'm doing again can destroy my new marriage and potentially kill me, but at this point, I really don't care. I use bout every other day. I hate coming down, but it covers the nerve pain almost 3 days after.

I have been prescribed everything.. up to fentanyl patches and 180 10mg vics a month. I don't take any of those now.

My first illicit drug, which then proved to be my gateway drug, was magic mushrooms, namely Psilocybe Cubensis GT. I was 19. I would never have started experimenting with other drugs had it not been for this article about psychedelic mushrooms that I found by pure serendipity on the Internet. I remember staying up all night, scavenging for trip reports and cultivation instructions, and then I find this famous guide, and I am taking notes. A week later, I am in my kitchen, wearing gloves, a syringe with mushroom spores in my hand, and I am inoculating my vermiculite+rice flour cakes. The shrooms sprouted in 40 days. I ate 3 medium-sized mushrooms, and in 4o minutes I was laughing hysterically into my pillow so as not to wake up my neighbours next door :D No visual and auditory hallucinations, just roaring with laughter for no obvious reason.

I also remember this feeling of mental clarity and infinite love towards everything and everyone that followed the trip and stayed with me for a good week. It was an especially authentic and overwhelming sensation that no other drug has given me so far. When I take MDMA, I am also rather empathetic and sensitive, but there is something artificial about it, and my mind simply rejects it. For what it's worth, I am glad it does, because I don't want to open my heart and reveal my secrets to a wrong person.

Last edited:
Inhaling gasoline, I was 6 and I liked the smell, then once I began to see things, I did it more, my mom cought me and beet my ass, I still would do it, sometimes I think I never had a chance with addiction, I was doomed from the start.

First time trying alcohol with my friend and her parents at 14. Had a good time, didnt puke. Fell down a set of stairs. Then trying weed. Laughed a lot. Finally coke, changed my perspective on everything.