• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

First cases of flesh-eating drug reported in Arizona

Krokodil in the news...

Hi All

Just wondered with Krokodil in the news lately... Has anybody here ever used Desomorphine?

Never used it but I know it's not actually as damaging when used safely as it is portrayed by media. Desomorphine can be used in a medical setting, the reason people are suffering necrosis and their flesh falling off is from impurities from the dirty synth. It isn't purified and contains a load of shite in it that they're injecting.

Oh how the terror of Krokodil in the US spreads

Jesus H christ, 3 young adult females from middle class families....me thinks they are morons. I like how they are referred to as victims to knowingly injecting drugs. They don't really mention if they thought it was heroin or for how long they were booting he stuff(seems they allude to the girls having been using the stuff for a while) But this disproves the claim that ignorance is bliss.

http://joliet.patch.com/groups/poli...victims-young-middleclass--female-doctor-says

This gawker.com page has a lot of links regarding the same story:
http://gawker.com/flesh-eating-drug-krokodil-is-now-attacking-chicago-sub-1443205547

And is it just me or is it ridiculous the way they refer to this stuff "spreading" across the country like some type of plague or infestation of killer bees. Consider its not being smuggled into the country, but rather made in someone's kitchen with easy to obtain ingredients.,

Thought it was herion.. me no longer thinks they are dumb me is certain.

Last edited:
Ugh... I think homemade desomorphine is one of the saddest things I've ever heard about :(

i like how if you read some of these articles about the cases in Illinois the details in each one are different. One says there were cases in Arizona and Nevada, another says there are cases in Arizona and Utah. Ive heard nothing about Nevada and Utah. Obviously these "journalists" are taking liberties with the data to make their story seem more frightening and outlandish. This is almost tailor made for mainstream media hysteria.

NEW KILLER DRUG ROTS FLESH AND KILLS IN A YEAR AND ONLY COSTS A DOLLAR. Wont anyone think of the children.

I like how one article ended with this sagely advice "the most important thing is for parents to talk to their children about krokodil..."

Yes the most important thing is to spread fear to the children. Who cares about the real details or data, there are gullible people out there just waiting to have fear rammed down their throat.

I like how one article ended with this sagely advice "the most important thing is for parents to talk to their children about krokodil..."

Ha, I know....as if it's actually come to that...You'd have a better chance of being abducted by aliens on the way to school than you would being offered Krokodil...

It's this kind of thing that's the reason people are so ignorant about drugs and we have the outrageous laws we do in the first place!

Ugh... I think homemade desomorphine is one of the saddest things I've ever heard about :(

Homemade desomorphine is fantastic, up there with hydromorphone IMO. You just gotta bother to clean the shit up, not a hard task by any means. Codeine is OTC in Canada, however mixed with acetaminophen and caffeine, but nothing a little chloroform can't clean up. Surprised this isn't being done more in the northern states, along with other disubstituted morphine analogs. Easy peasy.

This shit is all over us news media as this cheap scary heroin replacement that rots flesh and makes your skin scaley. This is in russia ppl!! It seems like any scary drug no matter where it is in the world, finds its way to the us...us media can you explain why that is lol?

You know those newspaper billboards you get with the headline on? When I lived on the south coast the local rag had one one day that said "Killer heroin stalks Eastbourne".

Which brings some image of a 12 foot Dragon with a knife or something.

Which, hey, is the image they want you to have. However ludicrous.

Jesus H christ, 3 young adult females from middle class families....me thinks they are morons. I like how they are referred to as victims to knowingly injecting drugs. They don't really mention if they thought it was heroin or for how long they were booting he stuff(seems they allude to the girls having been using the stuff for a while) But this disproves the claim that ignorance is bliss.

http://joliet.patch.com/groups/poli...victims-young-middleclass--female-doctor-says

This gawker.com page has a lot of links regarding the same story:
http://gawker.com/flesh-eating-drug-krokodil-is-now-attacking-chicago-sub-1443205547

And is it just me or is it ridiculous the way they refer to this stuff "spreading" across the country like some type of plague or infestation of killer bees. Consider its not being smuggled into the country, but rather made in someone's kitchen with easy to obtain ingredients.,

Man, the comments on that article make me sad.

"I also believe that anyone who would purposely put a needle in their body to inject any illegal substance has reached a state of such denial depravity and altered reality that they are beyond grasping danger to themselves."

This coming from a nurse, who evidently sticks needles into "normal" people's bodies many times per day to inject substances. I guess it's hard to blame nurses and cops for their negative views of drug users, though... they constantly deal with the worst of the worst and don't really get to see drug users in the broader and generally-less-sad state.

The attitude towards drug users makes me fucking furious. Okay, yeah, the police and the medical establishment do see people at their very worst; the percentage of drug related crime is staggering, and the health of the hardcore junkie is generally appalling, but they're stealing to pay for their gear because it's so expensive thanks to it's illegality.They're starving because all their money goes on the drugs they need, and they risk blood-borne diseases and poison from badly cut smack. (Anthrax has shown up in heroin in the UK). I worked in a needle exchange for a while; many of the users looked like zombies from a Romero movie. It wasn't the H that did that to them, it was the poverty and living rough that did it-heroin is actually a very benign drug, and far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. If these drugs were de-criminalised, even legalised and regulated, I'm positive these addicts would lead far healthier and law-abiding lives. Not to mention the fact that crime rates would plummet and organised crime would be starved of profits.

I've worked in a private clinic where a sympathetic (Christian actually, son of a Reverend) doctor did his best to keep his patients on maintenance scripts (without threat of reduction/tapering if they didn't want to) of drugs they actually wanted and those patients looked as healthy as the next man or woman on the street.

Until the GMC struck him off on a ridiculous trumped up charge. Now some of those patients are dead.

It wasn't the H that did that to them, it was the poverty and living rough that did it-heroin is actually a very benign drug, and far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. If these drugs were de-criminalised, even legalised and regulated, I'm positive these addicts would lead far healthier and law-abiding lives. Not to mention the fact that crime rates would plummet and organised crime would be starved of profits.

That is the truth I see in a nutshell. I have always considered heroin (and sometimes catch flack for it) as a soft drug, less damaging than alcohol or tobacco. Like the narriator said in the Czech summer camp video, the problem isn't heroin, it is the lack of. If it were available to people that needed it easily they may very well go on with their life and nobody would know. Unlike alcohol. You can not have alcohol maintenance like we do with opiates. Alcohol is that much stronger and damaging. Again, a $16 bottle of whiskey could take down a lumberjack.

Anyway, it's good to see I am not alone in this thinking. Yes I have seen the damage caused by heroin, but most of it would have been eliminated if an addict could eassily get what he needs in a safe and legal way. If water were made illegal we would see far worse.

Man, the comments on that article make me sad.

"I also believe that anyone who would purposely put a needle in their body to inject any illegal substance has reached a state of such denial depravity and altered reality that they are beyond grasping danger to themselves."

This coming from a nurse, who evidently sticks needles into "normal" people's bodies many times per day to inject substances. I guess it's hard to blame nurses and cops for their negative views of drug users, though... they constantly deal with the worst of the worst and don't really get to see drug users in the broader and generally-less-sad state.

Yeah, nurses deal with a lot of shit heads and its easy for the sheltered ones to view every drug addict as the kind of people they are either waking up with narcan or providing nothing more for them than a warm bed and hot meal. In my job I interact with a lot of nurses, I remember one ER nurse saying to me about a girl who came in for a request of opiate detox "I think these drug addicts just can't handle being uncomfortable". I got a good laugh out of that.

As for that nurse's comment about putting a needle in oneself as being some sort of depraved act of altered reality, she's just happened to be the one nurse who gave the article writer the best fodder to throw on there. Some dumb nurse just happened to say a way overblown comment about IV drug use and it seemed like a good thing to go along with this overblown fear of Krokodil infesting the USA.

Despite the headline, here's further evidence that nobody's exactly sure what's going on:

DEA 'Very Concerned' Over Reports Of Flesh-Eating Drug

On Friday, The Huffington Post obtained a statement from Jack Riley, Special Agent-in-Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration's Chicago Field Division that outlined the agency's concern:

“The DEA is very concerned about the recent news that several patients who were treated at Presence St. Joseph Medical Center in Joliet had symptoms consistent with the use of the drug Krokodil. Our agents and task force officers are on the street canvassing the area, and trying to track down any leads. We want to be pro-active and get out ahead of the curve on this, but until we can get our hands on the drugs and people who are trafficking in it, we won’t know the extent of what we’re dealing with. What we do know is that if this is Krokodil, it is extremely dangerous and we’re doing everything within our authority to stop it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ng-drug_n_4086107.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

I'm not saying that no poorly-extracted desomorphine is out there. I'm simply saying that in a population of 25 million drug users, apparent trends need to be verified.

So very true about the lifestyle being worse than the drug itself. And yea basically all cops and medical profs treat you like the scum from a sewage plant but every once in a blue moon you get a dr or nurse who is totally caring and understanding. One of the times i went to the er bc i was so ill i figured they treat me and street me like usual. This was when i was doing like 80 worth of really high grade iv a day, so i felt like offing myself i was so sick. Anyways i get seen and the nurse starts the diagnostic, my bp is through the roof eyes the size of saucers, yawning sneezing runny nose, text book to a tee. But i dont come right out and say why im there, so she starts asking uestions, and finally i kind of sheepiszhly say i think im in wd from painkillers. And she was like lol thats it? Aw ok sweetheart well get you fixed up. Indina dr came in, who super nice. Was like were going to give you an iv of bupe and oral ativan and a banana bag/fluids. Nurse came back gave me the meds and basically sat there with me for an hour or so telling me how her husband was a heroin addict and how she went through it with him and that i reminded her of him. Got me an extra blanket and gingerale and admitted me for the night. I stayed clean for almost a year the day i left. And as it happened, like a month before that relapse i ran into that same nurse at the st patricks parade here in bmore, thousands of ppl and i see her (tbh she was pretty hot, so not hard to miss) but i thought about it and went over to her and basically said im sure you dont remember this but you trfeated me at so and so hospital and ive gotten clean and you really changed my life. She gave me a hug and said im so happy for you...yea i fucked up and ended up back in it, but there are a few ppl out there that understand.

^Thats pretty cool. There are some really, really cool and nice nurses out there. The majority are good and caring people and are good at their jobs, but its really hard to understand the pains of addiction and withdrawal without first hand or at least (in that nurse's case) second hand experience. When people throw around comparisons like heroin w/d to a bad flu, its no wonder the situation is downplayed. Give me a month of bad flu over 4 days of heroin w/d.

I won't say exactly what I do, but I tend to be a person more compassionate to the users. I remember one girl I talked to who was trying to do the right thing with Suboxone but having issues. Can't remember exactly what her problem was, I was telling her all this stuff she was not aware of about the drug and about opiate detox in general. She was amazed by the advice and said something like 'these are the things the doctors don't understand', which I of course noted to her that most doctors Rx'ing this stuff know squat about it, you have to do research yourself to get the best info avaiable. She asked me how I knew all that stuff and I was like...'I have friend's who used it to get clean'...sounded believable.