Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fire twirling - how did you learn?

sorry for the late reply, but yes Finn, we'll be there
smile.gif

i talked to Av and Temptress last night and we're all still keen to go, so we will be there! 7:30, Campderdown park, Newtown (i hope).
seeya tonight twirlers!
BigfootDragon.

*bump*
gotta keep the fires burning :p
wednesday was a great night! we'll be there next week
smile.gif
fun had by all.
BigfootDragon.

ok, one thing i need to know... i don't think anywhere in wollongong stocks wicks or the material needed for wicks (some cotton/kevlar mix..?), so where can they be purchased?
and does anybody have any idea about price?
thanks
smile.gif

BigfootDragon

(Note to Pleo> See, I'm learning to search for threads!)
Well, is anyone else STILL interested in twirling, particularly Sydney people? I've been twirling and fire-breathing for about five years now, and have had a few paid gigs over the years, plus lots of fun at parties and on the beach at night. I'd LOVE to twirl at a rave, and am happy to do so for free entry and a few hugs. I can also twirl with glo-sticks if it's an indoor thing.
Practice wise, I'm between sticks at the moment, but can borrow a friend's if any of my fellow Sydney people want to join me for a good old twirl. I'm also interetsde in learning some new stuff, particularly some basic acrobatics and how to use poi. Skill-sharing evening perhaps?
Flame On!

If I have to single-handedly keep this thread alive until someone else posts here, so be it!
Actually, note to the mods; I'm going to keep bumping this for another day or two, then open another thread with a subject line more specific to what I'd like, as this one's subject head doesn't seem to be attracting any attention. Thanks!

If I have to single-handedly keep this thread alive until someone else posts here, so be it!
Actually, note to the mods; I'm going to keep bumping this for another day or two, then open another thread with a subject line more specific to what I'd like, as this one's subject head doesn't seem to be attracting any attention. Thanks!

Hey trippa, I'm a twirler and breather too. I'm learning how to do chains at the moment but aint very good. I can also juggle a bit, learning backflips/behranis (Not at all unless mats and shit).
And if you find me a good set of throwing knives and a safe place I could teach you a thing or two there.

AAWWWWwwwwwww where is mr.trippah himself??
POI_MAN!!! get out here!!
*CuPiD^^ nominates to see poi's magical fire-twirling*
lol, he puts on a good show for us every time there is a melb. meetup ;)
go poi!

There are others!
SDB, I'll see what I can do about the knives *grin*, but I'm in the same boat as you chain/poi wise... heh, you're not in the game 'til you clock yourself in the head a couple of times.
Again, location-wise, I'm a Sydney boy. Ppl wanna catch up for a twirl? Am also in Byron from the 2nd - 9th of Feb.
Flame On!