Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fire twirling - how did you learn?

*bump*
Gotta keep this on the front page!
wink.gif

wednesday night sounds great Finn!
but i doubt i can get there for 7:30pm. what time do you guys finish up? i'll have to see, but it certainly sounds like fun!
i'll have to confer with Av and Temptress and see if they're interested too. what say you, guys?
take care.
BigfootDragon.

Hey BFD,
We'll be there until at least 10pm. Reckon you can make it before that? I hope so. It would be so cool to finally meet the three of you!
Finn
smile.gif

i'll talk to the others tonight and we'll see
smile.gif

i'm moving tonight, so i'll have to see how much work still needs to be done tomorrow.
but hopefully i/we can make it!
BigfootDragon.

I'll be there rain or shine...looking forward to seeing you all. Dont forget your lighters...
------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"

doesn't look like i can make it
frown.gif

i'd like to sometime in the future. i just can't this time.
have fun!
BigfootDragon.

Oh BFD, that damn Mount Ousley gets in the way doesn't it!
frown.gif

When will I get to meet you, Av and Temptress. Things always seems to conspire against us.
Nevermind... it will happen when it happens.
Hey ARC,
If it rains tonight we're still going to get together. We're going to meet at 7-30 in the park and if it's pouring move to the Oxford in Newtown for a bonding session.
If it's only sprinkling we'll still spark up!
Hey great news...
DJ Sylk from Trancendance has offered us the chance to perform at the next Trancendance party!!!!!! As this is on the 10th of March (full moon) we don't have much time to prepare.
Yikes!!!!
The thought of performing in front of all those hardened doofers terrifies me!
Oh well...
Burn baby burn, psy trance inferno
wink.gif

Hellllooooo ppl!
Just thought I'd pip up and bump this baby to the top again....BTW Finn, I hope we can make the next one....
This full moon thing...you do routines or anything??? or just random? hehe..if I can make it maybe I can watch the pro's?????
Dwight, how's the practice going...???? geez gotta find me a stick......brooms a little difficult considering the brush is still on the end.......

Hey Temptress,
We're getting together again this Wednesday. Please come.
smile.gif

The Trancendance thing is bulk scary. We met with Sylk the other night to talk about what he wanted... he mentioned something about wanting the girls to wear red sequin bikinis while peforming on top of the speaker stacks!
Yikes!
What actually eventuates is yet to be worked out. I've only ever 'performed' once before - at a party in front of all my friends (that was scary enough). Trancendance will be something altogether different.
I'm hoping that the audience go easy on us. *please, please, please*
We're going to start putting together some moves on Wednesday. Hey do you have any experience choreographing routines?
See you guys Wednesday..... you too Arc and Dangermouse
Finn
smile.gif

not sure about this wednesday either Finn
frown.gif
wednesdays are bad for me. but i'll get there eventually! i still want to get a stick, so maybe i'll schedule that for a wednesday and then pop down to Newtown.
yes Temptress, still practicing
smile.gif
haven't tried much new, but still going with the basic twirls and corkscrew.
good luck with the performance Finn
smile.gif
i'm sure you'll do great! and maybe Temptress could help you coreograph some moves, i reckon she'd be good at it
smile.gif

don't get burnt!
BigfootDragon

No worries BFD. You'll get there. We're also meeting on Thursday this week - but in Chatswood. Gotta get lots of practice in. Let me know when you think you can make it.
smile.gif

Yay Arc, you ripped!
smile.gif

*snide bump*
(gotta keep the fire alive) <--- cheese!

Red sequined bikini's..hmmm...lucky your working with fire or may get a little chilly...hehe...
as for the choreoraphy..I haven't really had any experience...but I'd be glad to help in any way I can...
BFD when do you think you cold make the drive??? I don't have a stick either..shite...looking for dowel or something to bodge something up....
Im sure it'll look great Finn...so, the bikini's...are you gonna where them? hehe..I guess it would look kinda cool...red/fire you know lots of little fire nymphs...
promotion is promotion after all...typical though...what about the guys???
do they get skimpy li'l costumes too? yeah, no shirts...definately..tell them they have to cut up before hand too...
oh yeah...and don't forget the the latest fashion item that frequented the grammys...really fake looking hair (a la wig) a lots of make up....
hmmmmthis is trancendance isn;t it??lol
let us know how go...

Finn my dear friend, tell me more about this trancendance party...
smile.gif

I cant get a shred of info regarding wether or not Astral Projection will be playing anywhere even remotely close to Sydney so now im looking for a new doof alternative to celebrate my 20th! hurrah!
we *will* defeat this unseen cosmic force trying to seperate us Finn
smile.gif

hehe
ciao
-Av

shameless bump to allow av to plan his b'day celebrations!!!!
so, finn, we may meet after all!!!
how's the practice going for the trancendance party??? are the guys going to be wearing those great bicep revealing clothes??? hehe....nahhhh doesn't matter...it's the twirling skill thats important....
speaking of twirling skill......I think my techniques all wrong after checking out those sites....doh!!! more practicing i guess....Ï?

yay! i had my first real fire twirl at Burning Moon on the weekend! i love it
smile.gif
thank to Finn, Sarah and Dominica for the help and lending of the staffs
smile.gif

and the party was awesome!
Av, Temptress and myself are planning a trip up next wednesday (the 21st) to spend an evening with you twirlers
smile.gif
you're still gonna be there, right??
wink.gif

take care
BigfootDragon

plans are still a go for next wednesday (*bump*)
wink.gif

oh, there are some pics of me during my first futile attempt at fire twirling!
One
Two
And some of Temptress too!
One
Two
yay!
BigfootDragon

Pictures? What pictures? I just got a blank screen!
I posted a link to some photos of me and sarah but for some reason it's not working. oh well
frown.gif

See you on Wednesday.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Finn (edited 19 March 2001).]

I was talking to Agent 23 last week at firetwirling and he said he would be interested in spinning some records for us if there was a source of power. That would be awsome!
Are there any parks around where we could tap into a power outlet? Or maybe we could get one of those 12V to 240V converters for cars and leave the car running.
See you tonight.
------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"