• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Finding it really hard to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fermonos

Bluelighter
So around 12 hours ago I took 210mg of codeine. That was all fine, but I just took 50mg of diphenhydramine and now I'm finding it almost impossible to breathe.

Should I go to ER or is it just a really intense trip?

Uh yeah, go if cant breathe. 12 hours and probably that codeine is gone so could be something else. Try to relax and focus your breaths. If you weeze, gasp, cough etc. Go.

I'm kind of okay now, feel super relaxed and chilled. Just had a major panic attack, I suffer from them from time to time .

I thought since they both depress your breathing I was going to die! But I got up out of bed got dressed and walked around the house a few times, damn the rush of adrenaline was amazing though.

That's the funny thing about panic attacks, during them I just want it to end and never happen again but once it's over I fucking love it because of the adrenaline high. Is that just me?

Glad you're okay!

Thanks man, means a lot! It's so nice to have a community around to give you advice when you're panicking out like that. Also vice versa since I know how it feels to be in a panic state, it's really nice to help other people panicking and posting on the forums for reassurance.

Benadyrl actually stimulates breathing did you take promethazine. Both benadyrl and promethazine are powerful broncodialators act like adrenaline on the lungs causing your airways to open up and it to feel like you cant get enough air because your body is trying to get as much air in as possible. The muscarinic acetylcholinergic antagonism can also be misinterpeted as a panoc attack and trigger a downword spiral of anxiety and thoughts and worry because it acts as a activator of the sympathetic nervous system causing hyperten sion anxiety shakes rapid heart beat flushing hyperventilating ect.

Thanks man, means a lot! It's so nice to have a community around to give you advice when you're panicking out like that. Also vice versa since I know how it feels to be in a panic state, it's really nice to help other people panicking and posting on the forums for reassurance.

Yes, in a nation divided, something that we all can agree upon is that both Keif and KC5 are pretty great. I'm going to close this for now Fermonos, as I feel we've reached our terminal in regards to your initial issue. Our loose concensus is that you experienced a panic attack for anyone reading who would care to know. Panic is diffferentiated from fear primarily by its characteristics of wild, imaginitive and nonsensical thinking. This is why people end up in the emergency department after eating a Cannabis Cookie.

We all are probably aware, in our right minds, that nothing terrible is going to happen to us, but when panic sets in, you really lose your ability to think rationally. My brother one time was hospitalized, I drove him, he was crying out in agony. I was freaking out, thinking he was dying or something. I assumed his appendix must have burst. We got to the hospital and the doctor as part of his deductive methods, administered some Simethicone.

Turns out it was just really bad gas. My point is, embarassing shit happens all the time ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.