Votes: 7 11.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
This movie rocked!!! I had the loooooowest expectations because Michael "The Island" Bay was helming it, but he didn't cock it up (perhaps because Speilberg was looking over his shoulder). Ace film.

Just saw this today, and I have to say, I enjoyed it. The first half was fucking awesome imo, felt it kind of went a little south in the second half. Was so happy to see Soundwave too lol.

The FXs were awesome, really seemless and damn life-like. I was really impressed with them.

Overall, I give it a 4/5. (And damn is that new Camaro hot.)

On a side note, I had to sit next to like 7 or so 15yr olds, were really annoying before the lights went down. Lol, one of the girls actually turned to me and said, "I'm going to apologize in advance for our behavior." However, they actually shut up and were model movie-goers, I was surprised lol.

Last edited:
^ I stand corrected lol.

Reno Wilson as the voice of Frenzy (GPX 2-speaker CD player, mobile phone): The smallest of the Decepticons, Frenzy attaches to Barricade. His main purpose is spying on humans, but he is still a ferocious fighter, shooting blades disguised as CDs from his chest.

I don't remember any other radio Decepticons from the original series though. I thought Soundwave was the only one.

god this movie sucked.

i cant believe i wasted 9 dollars AND 2+ hours...

wesmdow said:
god this movie sucked.

i cant believe i wasted 9 dollars AND 2+ hours...

You serious? It was damn entertaining IMO.

People expect far too much out of movies nowadays.

Left to Right said:
God i hope you're right.

This could be either so good or so incredibly bad.

i found the latter.

a mate downloaded it and passed a disc onto me. fucking worse than i expected.
that entire "looking for the glasses" scene was horrendous

i hate bay's directing style and his stories are pathetic. alcohol didn't even help much. well, it did help a little. instead of being pissed off, i laughed at the film's stupidity.

Last edited:
I fuckin loved this movie. Great action and some good campy humor mixed in.

You people are way too critical of these popcorn blockbuster movies.

4/5 stars from me.

giant robots fighting each other on the way to the next explosition scene...

hey I just made up a new word: explosition... when you need an explosion or two to happen before someone sits down and tells you the back story...

L2R said:

when they were all in the yard outside the house? hehehe, I actually LOVED that part =D but that's the kid in me with an overactive imagination, I think. I kept picturing how awesome it would be if they were all right outside my house. I just saw it last night, and all day today I kept wishing my car was actually one of them.

overall, I can see how a lot of people thought it was a crap film. I think it's gonna be one of those movies that people who are children today end up listing in threads like the "movies that you didn't realize were so cheesy when you were little" thread, or whatever it is actually called. but there were a lot of scenes that I'm kind embarrassed to admit I really really liked :D

L2R said:
i found the latter.

a mate downloaded it and passed a disc onto me. fucking worse than i expected.

Well, I'd venture to guess that part of your problem was watching it on a small screen. This is a popcorn movie. I need to see them in theaters with big picture and big sound: the way they were intended to be seen. What you watch something on complete changes the effect of a film, IMO. That's not to say you're wrong, and that this is a great movie. You're right. But you would have enjoyed yourself much more if you had put yourself in the right environment.

cravNbeats said:
have "you people" considered the possibility that you're not critical enough?

yuck

The only thing I find more distatseful than somebody who loves everything, is somebody who expects everything to be Citizen Kane. Extraordinarily high standards can hamper appreciation of simple pleasures.

Wasn't a bad movie... 3/5 stars.....But there were flaws

How did Megatron speak english when he was thawed out????? Optimus Prime said they learned the english language through the internet...

of the michael bay film i've seen, (none of which i have paid for), i have detested every single one.

i can really enjoy light, popcorn films, but his stuff is all intolerably made.

^it kinda sounds to me like you went into it with your mind made up that you were going to hate it either way.

yeah i did, but even still it was worse than i expected.

i don't hide my bias. and until that fucker stops making bad films or films altogether, i'ma point out the crap.

but what is it about Bay that is worse than any other popcorn action flick?

the way he glorifies violence. the way he glorifies pride. the very close up shots and shakey camera and oh so conspicuous cgi techniques all to dress up lack of contents. cliche ridden garbage instead of humour, love, hate, or any actual emotive expression.

the list goes on and on

i could probably elaborate more when i haven't been drinking.

generally speaking, depite massive budgets and whatnot, all his films scream "cheap" to me.