• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
^hell the fuck yeah she is!

I just went and saw it and it was pretty good. I had lowered expectations after reading some of the comments in here, but I was surprised how much I liked it. I dont usually like action movies, but this was the best one I have seen in a while. It is an action move though. So, dont go in there and expect Citzen Kane or anything. I would prolly give this movie a 7.5 out of 10 or 4 stars.

really? there is no musical numbers?

there is a man
*there is a man*
a certain man
*a certain man*
who's grace and handsome face are known across the land
you know his name
*you know his name*
it's optimus prime
*optimus prime!
he's like a smoke and loves a joke
*ha! ha! ha! ha! ha!*
you know he's a truck half the time

CletusVanDow said:
Wow, this has to be one of the geekiest thread ever. :p

The new movie looks the dogs danglies though even though the whole robots in disguise somehow passed me by. :(

BMX's & girls were more important at the time. :)
They should therefor totally do a film version remake of "BMX Bandits", with Nicole Kidman reprising her role.

Naked.

what they need to do is rerelease the original transformers movie for the big screen!

transformers_the_movie.jpg

Does anybody know what movie that preview was for, at the beginning of the movie, that they didnt show a name for? Its supposed to be top secret or some shit. Does anyone remember who any of the actors that were in the preview?

man that was one long general motors comercial... i expected mindless crap but that was rough

transformers made simple[r]

robots fighting eachother or humans~ pretty fucking cool
robots doing anything other than fighting~ pretty fucking lame
people doing anything~ embarassing (female lead's rack is the obvious exception)

I just saw this today, and gave a it a solid four stars. I have to admit, I was skeptical--I only saw it because some friends invited me, and I was free, so...I went into the theater with absolutely no knowledge of the plot, or who was going to be in it.

My alarm went up in the first scene; in my limited experience, movies that begin with pyrotechnic spectaculars almost always suck ("Underworld", anyone?), but this is a movie that got better with every minute. Not a minute was wasted, it seems.

What I liked:
--the humor
--the F/X
--seeing it on a giant screen with awesome surround sound really helped
--come on, it's the Transformers--super-nostalgia for a proud member of Generation Y.

What I didn't like:
--the numerous loopholes which become more and more apparent in hindsight (see spoilers)
--(see spoilers)

NSFW:
Loopholes? Consider the following:
1.) The Transformers--with all their superior technology--needed the encoded glasses to find the Allspark, even though Sector 7 seemingly found it without a problem.

2.) Though I liked the Decepticons being able to create fake drivers and pilots, I think it's a stretch to imagine that an unregistered cop car--let alone a fighter jet or tank--could sit around without anyone noticing. And let's not forget the "please ignore the walking metal tinkertoy around Air Force One" moment.

3.) How the hell did that one soldier slide along the ground *on his back* to waste that one Decepticon?

4.) Like most action movies, this one fell into the inevitable trap of Endless Ammo. At least the black guy survived, though. :D

5.) Megatron's body is stated to be the starting point of a whole slew of 20th century technology--yet all that it takes to bring him back to life is a little thaw. I find it hard to believe that such knowledge could ever be derived from Megatron without dismantling him entirely.

6.) How the Allspark creates Decepticons, complete with ammo (out of a Nokia?!) is never explained. Nor, for that matter, are the Decepticons created out of things like soda dispensers followed up on.

7.) The extended banter by Megatron and Prime at the end got on my nerves; the "Nyahh, I will triumph!" taunts are A-OK in a cartoon, but in live-action it just came off as needlessly corny. That the other Decepticons said very little was much more effective, IMO.

In any event, if you look past these loopholes and the obligatory schmaltz, I think you'll find a slam-bang action movie that, for all its faults, bears multiple viewings, on the big screen and at home.

TALLY said:
So, dont go in there and expect Citzen Kane or anything.

i just realised the irony in this. The original transformers movie was the last role Orsen Wells ever did.

MkII said:
^^^ bad robot

So is that the name of the movie or whats up? I did a lil google search and didnt find anything. You know anything about it?

L2R said:
i just realised the irony in this. The original transformers movie was the last role Orsen Wells ever did.

ummm alanis also thinks that's ironic

TALLY said:
So is that the name of the movie or whats up? I did a lil google search and didnt find anything. You know anything about it?

no, just the name of the production company... the same people who bring us LOST

Belisarius said:
At least the black guy survived, though.

spoiler-
NSFW:
no, he didnt. jazz got torn in half, lol.

also, i think that the soldier sliding on the ground thing was thanks to his body armor. did you notice the sparks?

the level of incompetence of the higher up government officials was pretty close to the real thing, i think.

i thought it was a damn good move.

i went to watch giant robots kick the crap out of one another and that what i got. i loved it.

yes, there are plot holes. yes there are discontinuity. however, they are easy to ignore, imo.

i'll go see it again.

i want to make sexy time with megan fox.

lol i just saw the moving and i thought it was quite entertaining.....it was awesome IMO