Votes: 1 3.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
was a bit hesitant to see at first since really not into wrestling, but have to say was really a great movie. 5/5

i thought this was an amazing film. for anyone who has ever been a fan of wrestling and/or seen 'beyond the matt', this movie is essential. i have no idea why this was not nominated for best picture. i cannot imagine how anyone could have thought 'the reader' was better than this.

mickey rourke IS 'the ram' in this movie. arnofsky does a great job of tugging at the audience's emotions with rourke's character throughout the movie. and the speech rourke gives before his last match might be one of the greatest movie speeches ever. 5/5

What i really enjoyed about this movie was the particular way it was filmed, and the characters dialogue was very well done. I thoroughly enjoyed it.. Mickey Rourke in my opinion is a fantastic actor.

While I enjoyed it, definitely a decent, watchable film I do feel that folk in this thread are over hyping it and making it out to be something it's not.

I am such a non-fan of wrestling.

In this small film, Rourke is a genuine contender. Both as athlete and actor.
The movie did get a lot of well-deserved hype.

rent on DVD, "Bigger, Stronger, Faster".

watched the wrestler twice this past week. enjoyed it a lot both times. like someone said, micky rourke was the ram. oh yeah, how smokin hot is marisa tomei at what? 45? very good film.

I'm happy to see this is getting positive reviews. Haven't been able to see it yet but it's on my list. Looking forward to it now more than ever, as everyone seems to have nice things to say and you bl-ers are always far more critical than I would be. ;P ;)

Watched it last night after id heard lots of people saying that it was really good, and was disappointed to be honest. The ending was terrible, and the whole thing looked like it was filmed by a $2 documentary crew. Not my kinda film.

It was a decent film considering it came from Hollywood mugabe.

What a silly comment, it is a good film regardless of where it came from. There's tonnes of good American cinema it's just that there's also a lot of dross.

Most big American releases are terrible. I've said many times there are some excellent Hollywood films too but the vast majority are unwatchable dross for mainstream markets, which have absolutely no redeeming features.

I know what you mean spade, most hollywood films are "Independence Day" standard, but there are some good ones that sneak through the cracks.

Yo I thought this movie was good as hell, I loved recognizing places from my home state, the hospital he was in , at least the outside of it, I swear it was St Mary's in passaic where the ambulance took me to when I OD'ed at the beginning of this summer matter fact. anyways, i always love movies in jersey when they show the state realisticly and not in some fucked up hollywoods idea of NJ version of it. the asbury park boardwalk part was real nice just becuz i been there, walked on those boards, in weather just like that gray bleak day and been inside the convention hall, peeked in those doors, u kno?

Anyways, it was mad real and thats wat i liked about it, didnt feel like a movie at all just like i was watchin someones life. he really seemed like he WAS the character, like it was a real guy, and he just seemed like a nice, decent, good guy with a sad life and whose kinda past his prime and feels so alone. he showed the emotions , just perfect. it was a totally believable role and I definately was sad when it was over
spoiler
NSFW:
because i was sad to see him die and the way it ended was so perfect and one of those real die doin somethin u love type things that is appropriate for the person but still makes it even sadder compared with how his life was, and how his life was so sad that he rather die at the moment hes happy just cuz thats the only thing that makes him feel whole inside. Shit was mad heavy yo.

who ever said ppl makin it out to be somethin it aint, Well I dont feel that way at all. Because i like it for exactly wat it is, a very real , everyday type of movie. characters like that are real, the life was somethin that could easily be real, his reactions actions n feelings were real, its the type of life u come across and pass by every day , its the guy at the bar whose sittin alone, its someone u see walkin by on the street. Maybe becuz i live here where it was set n filmed, and he shows the "jersey guy" personality so well, idk. but shit if i hadnt seen this in a movie i would not be suprised if i seen it in my real life someday right here at home, u kno? I liked it alot and i aint sayin it is somethin more than it is cuz wat it is, is just a real, raw, picture of a short time in the life of a person that you dont know but could be the guy next to you in line at the store. and it does a extremely good job of doin this, so i actually think there aint no way that ppl are overhpying it or anything like that, becuz its a excellent movie n really fits wat it should be and does it to the best way it can.

i also realy liked the scenes of him n the other wrestlers plannin out their matches, n how they seemed to be all such good friends just havin fun and puttin on a good show, havin a good time, to please the fans n make em happy, get em goin, all in fun for the show , u know? mad devoted to their job, and the feeling of kinda brotherhood between the guys was cool knowin its all a show but still them dudes take some serious ass beatings.