• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Feste

Bluelighter
eYoj7.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0840361/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_town/

Anyone seen it yet? Seems to be getting really good reviews. :)

loved it! i didnt have much love for affleck as an actor or a director til i saw this movie. great story.

inception and this look to be the best movies of the year IMO.

this got a 94 on rotten tomatoes so i think ill be seeing it tonight haha. was gunna see easy A but this looks better

Jon Hamm and Jeremy Renner were great in it.

Affleck and Rebecca Hall didnt really have a believable romance, and I thought Affleck was pretty bad. Its long and drags a bit. Its got good cameos. Not the Departed. No sir.

yeah i saw it the other night and i liked it but it def wasnt it as good as the departed. but that being said its still worth going to see. oh and blake lively was smoking hot in this movie even if she plays the local jump off/ dealer. when i heard them say she had oxy, coke and alchol in her system i was like damn i coulda kicked it wit her lol

Because they're both crime films that take place in or near Boston and focus on Irish-American gangsters.

Fairs doos, I don't know much about The Town, I just heard it was good.

The departed was horrible. it was the most boring movie ive ever seen, seriously, i watched it like 5 times and fell asleep every single time. Just sayin. this aint the review the departed thread so ima wrap up that part haha.

the irish gangster boston shit dont appeal to me, at all. I dont know why, but every movie i ever watched with your standard crime/gangster movie plot when it was about irish people just bored me to death. Iunno, I guess i just aint into that shit. Ill watch mob movies all day but the irish shit just dont do it for me.

I was lookin forward to seein this actually just from hearin bits and pieces it looked good, but now that I heard its in boston and its irish, Iunno. (how could i not know that was the plot, ur prolly thinkin right?) like i said...i just caught bits n pieces. I hate boston, so now maybe I will pass on this one. it just never fails to bore me anytime i watch a movie set in boston. it seems pretty dumb that a person would enjoy a movie set in , NYC, or jersey, about italian gangsters, but not one in boston about irish ones, but thats just how it is i guess, I cant explain it.

it seems pretty dumb that a person would enjoy a movie set in , NYC, or jersey, about italian gangsters, but not one in boston about irish ones, but thats just how it is i guess, I cant explain it.

its simple. you're racist. you cant keep your mind open.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, thats it. im racist against irish people becuz i think movies about boston and the irish mob are boring. I guess im racist against English people too becuz stories about ben franklin and the colonies bore me too. It couldnt be that maybe i just think that subject is boring, since when it comes to real life and not movie discussions i aint got no negative feelings about irish folks at all.

^ Clearly we can figure out if you're racist by answering if you liked Gangs of New York. ;)

nothing special at all. a lame attempt at mimicking heat, but with a far simpler story and far simpler and fewer characters. 2.5/5 voted 3 cuz i was feellingg generous.

I guess im racist against English people too becuz stories about ben franklin and the colonies bore me too
freedom hater!

I thought it was badass. The bluray rocks because of the extended footage. This movie really makes me worry about my husband because of his job... but I enjoyed the extended bluray much more than what I saw in the theaters..

Also my husband said this movie has the most realistic depiction of how the armored trucks work but the driver never gets out of the truck. It's policy. If the truck drives off with the money then they can't steal anything resulting in less murders of messengers *usually*..

And when the fuck did Ben Affleck get ripped? He also did an amazing job directing, I was not a huge fan of his before... I liked a few movies he was in.. I hope to see more like this from him in the future!

Ah, yes, thats it. im racist against irish people becuz i think movies about boston and the irish mob are boring. I guess im racist against English people too becuz stories about ben franklin and the colonies bore me too. It couldnt be that maybe i just think that subject is boring, since when it comes to real life and not movie discussions i aint got no negative feelings about irish folks at all.

So you hated The Departed as well? I find movies about the colonies boring as well. Doesn't make you racist. Personal preferance has nothing to do with racism. I don't have sex with black men because I don't find them attractive. Racist? No. Personal preferance? Yes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

nothing special at all. a lame attempt at mimicking heat, but with a far simpler story and far simpler and fewer characters. 2.5/5 voted 3 cuz i was feellingg generous.

Agreed, it is just poor imitation of Heat.

&

NSFW:
There's also a few points in the movie that make no sense - like their choice to go after the bank girl when all she saw was a bunch of blokes in masks (as they didn't know she saw the tattoo till a long way into the film). Who cares if she lives in the same neighbourhood? Is she really going to recognise their voices? They don't know her, they work on a construction site & she works in a bank, so they're unlikely to run into each other in their day-to-day lives. They know what she looks like so they could just avoid her they they happen to end up in the same place. They give no decent reason as to why he has to go after her.

^^^ I totally agree with your hidden part there. I was thinking the exact same thing the entire time.