Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: The darkest comedy in existence ?

Neural Shock

Bluelighter
Hi,

I'm basically looking for something to beat Man Bites Dog (fucking great movie). Please list your black comedy suggestions here...

I know i will be back with more because i like dark comedys and have seen a ot but right off the top of my head i will say Heathers and War of the Roses would be two of my favorites.

Unless you consider Clerks a dark comedy (which i wouldnt but some may) in which case that would be my favorite.

Happiness is the best - no description needed

'In the company of men' is pretty dark but quite funny, its about people ripping each other off

'Orphans' has one of the best scenes I've ever watched

'Festen' is a bit like happiness but not as good

'Welcome to the dollhouse' (mentioned below) is by the same person that did happiness, so is 'storytelling'
the last is the worst but they are all fairly good dark comedy

'sitcom' a french film is very surreal and dark with totally bizzare scenes

Last edited:
even though some might classify it as something else, i thout May was pretty funny.. also rather dark is Peter Jackson's Meet the Fleebles, which if full of puppets and was made before he did all those uplifting fantasy movies..

Welcome to the Dollhouse, maybe Down by Law would qualify.
Definentely 'Bad Boy Bubby' The ultimate twisted comedy. A real heart-warmer

Jesus, I forgot Happiness. Yeah good one. Checkmate, as it were. I think the sickest thing about that movie is the soundtrack (fucking Disney-like).

Meet the Feebles, Very Bad Things, F&L, Dr.S, etc. Good ones.

The rest I have taken on board. Thank you punters!

I suppose the Evil Dead trilogy apply. Seen 'em, got 'em.

Any more ? Come on you sick fucks...:p

aaaagh - happiness...

mind numbingly dark...the only movie i've ever had to watch in two parts because "i just couldn't take it any more"

^^^
First time I watched it I struggled to get it down.
I watched it again quite soon after.

But the real highlight was the 4th time when I was showing it to some other people for the 1st time. I knew what was coming and was laughing my ass off but mainly at the digust the other people were showing!

Ha ha, when you can laugh at it show it to some other people

Yes, Happiness has got to take the cake. Also Cannibal, by trey parker and Matt STone (southpark) is a mad funny musical comedy.
Good one kemikals with Dr Strangelove

Also you can't go past the EVil Dead trilogy (makes it sound so mature calling it a trilogy) especially number two

a South Korean film called THE HUMANIST might be another that you'd like... It's definately a cool dark comedy %)

i'll second very bad things along with anything by todd solondz :)

(death becomes her is pretty damn good, too.)

rushmore, election, throw momma from the train, ma vie en rose.,C'est arrivé près de chez vous ,Tenue de soirée