• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FILM: Scream 4

Rate this movie

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I enjoyed it very much but I am a huge fan of the series. A lot of people I talked to didn't like it as much but you just have to take it for what it is. It's not meant to be a traditional horror film as much as it is meant to be a B grade campy/cheesy flick. Some people aren't into that genre but it's one of my absolute favorites.

The first film was heavily satirical of those films that have the ignorant blonde girl being chased up the stairs. Scream was not meant to be a "B grade campy/cheesy flick". It was making fun of those sort of films. Scream 2, similarly, mocked the inevitable sequel and the conventions that horror sequels follow. Scream 3 made no/very-little clever or amusing commentary. There was very little left to say. They'd already done the conventions of slasher films (in the first one) and the conventions of slasher sequels (in number two)... so what was there left for three? It became more about the who-done-it murder mystery. ie, rather than mocking slasher films with a mysterious murder, it actually became a slasher film with a mysterious murderer. As Scream has more and more sequels, it runs out of the satirical/meta elements that made the first film great and gradually transitions into what it is satirizing. Craven and Williamson (whose careers are going nowhere) are clearly riding this pony until it is dead. This sequel is unnecessary, which is something they've directly criticized in the past. They are contradicting themselves.

Actually I haven't seen the latter parts of Scream series.
One thing I must say I really enjoyed the movie.!

3-Stars.

Was not that impressed, The beginning of the movie did a little bit when I guess it was a movie add for Slasher 7? or w,e. sucks because all the hot chicks die.. like c'mon now? even though the chicks were fucking in highschool like all the movies these days.
the only reason why I watch Scream movies is like watching a scooby doo mystery. and at the end, theres the un-masking. so you have like a little over an hour or so to guess who the badguy is. my friends and I used to bet lol.

Courtney Cox is from my side of town. maybe i should go holler at her.

The first film was heavily satirical of those films that have the ignorant blonde girl being chased up the stairs. Scream was not meant to be a "B grade campy/cheesy flick". It was making fun of those sort of films. Scream 2, similarly, mocked the inevitable sequel and the conventions that horror sequels follow. Scream 3 made no/very-little clever or amusing commentary. There was very little left to say. They'd already done the conventions of slasher films (in the first one) and the conventions of slasher sequels (in number two)... so what was there left for three? It became more about the who-done-it murder mystery. ie, rather than mocking slasher films with a mysterious murder, it actually became a slasher film with a mysterious murderer. As Scream has more and more sequels, it runs out of the satirical/meta elements that made the first film great and gradually transitions into what it is satirizing. Craven and Williamson (whose careers are going nowhere) are clearly riding this pony until it is dead. This sequel is unnecessary, which is something they've directly criticized in the past. They are contradicting themselves.
Bingo!

Nothing will beat the original..."we put her out of her misery cause let's face it Sidney, your mother was no Sharon Stone."

billy-and-stu.png

Last edited:
HUGE Scream fan. I use to watch Scream about 7 times a day when I was 10 years old. Anywho, I liked Scream 4. Not as great as it could have been but it's better than Scream 3. Scream 2 is still the best sequel of the franchise. I think the problem with Scream 4 was the pacing. It seemed to move a little to fast without giving us those character scenes like the fountain scene. Plus the comedy in certain death scenes were extremely eye-rolling. But overall, I enjoyed the film. It was a nice commentary on the excess of horror remakes and reboots. My favorite line "you don't fuck with the original." Even the makers knew this film would not compare or try to compete to the greatness of the original film because in movie history, you can't outdo the original.

I'm a little drunk so I hope I make sense lol.

do you think those chicks were over 18 in Scream 4? besides cindy, shes like all old now.

Scream 4 is such a great movie to watch.i really liked this movie.moreover the story of the movie is also great to watch.in this movie After overcoming the fearful events of her life Sidney wants to rearrange her shattered life, she decides to be a writer. She is on a world tour to promote her new self-help book and she chooses her hometown Woodsboro as her last stop. On reaching Woodsboro she meets her old friend, Sherrif Dewey, her husband. She also meets her aunt and cousin.so it was awesome to watch.

This was amusing. 3/5 for entertainment value. The plot and character were typically retarded, though. Plot twist made me want to spit on an infant.