Votes: 9 47.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

cletus

Bluelight Crew
Trailer HERE!

From IMDB:

Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is nearing the end of his contract with Lunar. He's been a faithful employee for 3 long years. His home has been Selene, a moon base where he has spent his days alone, mining Helium 3. The precious gas holds the key to reversing the Earth's energy crisis.

Isolated, determined and steadfast, Sam has followed the rulebook obediently and his time on the moon has been enlightening, but uneventful. The solitude has given him time to reflect on the mistakes of his past and work on his raging temper. He does his job mechanically, and spends most of his available time dreaming of his imminent return to Earth, to his wife, young daughter and an early retirement.

But 2 weeks shy of his departure from Selene, Sam starts seeing things, hearing things and feeling strange. And when a routine extraction goes horribly wrong, he discovers that Lunar have their own plans for replacing him and the new recruit is eerily familiar.

Before he can return to Earth, Sam has to confront himself and the discovery that the life he has created, may not be his own. It's more than his contract that is set to expire.

Personally I quite like Sam Rockwell & I am fully aware a few members of this board don't, but this type of movie appeals to me. Will hopefully see this sometime soon.

I'm a Rockwell fan and this film looks like something I'd definitely be into, trailer looks great.

anything concerning the Moon equals win in my book. you just reminded me to post a thread for Iron Sky. sweet. %)

sam rockwell as an astronaut has to be pretty fucking cool. i only hope he can do a nifty alien roundhouse. :D

I can't wait for this movie.

I love Rockwell. He was good in Choke.

:)

*BUMP*

Anyone seen this yet? I've found it playing at a smaller cinema, so will probably go on Tuesday.

let me guess.... the computer has fallen for the guy or gone amok and does not want to let him leave the moon after the 2 of them have been alone together for 3 years? It's a 2001 rehash

sam rockwell as an astronaut has to be pretty fucking cool. i only hope he can do a nifty alien roundhouse. :D
oh balls! :D

i thought you meant Sam Elliot.

tn2_sam_elliott_1.jpg

i.e. the co-star of Road House with Sir Patrick of Swayze. gutted.

still looks good though. can i come please cletus? ;)

off to see this tonight i'm pretty excited

edit: just wanted to share this bit of digital art my friend made inspired by the film

phpqlntxoam.jpg

Last edited:
Went to see this today & I must say I wasn't disappointed one bit. I thoroughly enjoyed it & Sam Rockwell was brilliant. Considering it was mainly a one man show & only had a budget of 5 million they pulled it off very well. Once again proving that you don't have to throw a lot more to make a decent movie. As for Duncan Jones (aka Zowie Bowie), this was his first foray into big movie direction & he did a splendid job. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Quite hard not to give anything away so I'll leave it alone & just say go and see it, I hope you like it.

More than good enough to give it 4 stars.

Definitely not disappointed, Sam Rockwell was great and the unexpected appearances by Matt Berry made me smile. Agree with cletus completely that it was an amazing job for a directorial debut and the Clint Mansell score was just perfect. It was either a 4 or a 5 star film I'm as yet undecided hah.

I don't know really know what to say about it really. Its either very good, or just a good film in a vast pile of HW garbage. It definitely made me ruminate about my own existence in an uncomfortable yet thought provoking way.

If what the director says is true and there are plans for two more of these gems, then I'm sold - it'll be a classic series.

Also (I can't be arsed to figure out the spoiler tags):

NSFW:
"We're not robots! We're humans!" Or something like that, while saying that to a robot...seemed some sort of strange irony that was really heavy at the time. Maybe I saw more into that line then was warranted...yeah. %)

I saw this a few nights ago and was very pleased. At first I didn't like some of the shots depicting the moons surface and more specifically the vehicles they drove in. By the end of the movie I actually enjoyed the style in which they were portrayed, something about those harvesters was almost hypnotizing.

The acting was on point plain and simple. Seeing Rockwell degrade into a shell of a man kind of reminded me of Sharlto Copleys decent into crippled confusion in District 9, just without all the panic and desperation.

NSFW:
"We're not robots! We're humans!" Or something like that, while saying that to a robot...seemed some sort of strange irony that was really heavy at the time. Maybe I saw more into that line then was warranted...yeah. %)

I think more than a humorous jab at perception and reality, it was indeed meant to bring pause to the audience. Throughout the movie the robots character is built around actions that raise questions regarding decision making and thought processes. We canrelate these to our ideas of what separates humans from animals, or what separates thinking from computing. Good call, I actually glazed over that. : )