• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

few questions about olanzapine

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmacista

Bluelighter
it is possible to snort it? i mean, it is soluble in water? and it is a competitive or a non competitive antagonist? for each one of the receptor in wich it binds. thank you very much for your answer

I've read reports of people snorting quetiapine for some strange reason, for what its worth. But really, outside of prison, I don't particularly understand how this class of drug could have much recreational value, aside from helping with sleep after taking too many stimulants or, at higher doses, helping with psychosis from way too many stimulants...

Anyway, if you do decide that this is doable and that you really want to do it, be careful with the dose. It is certainly safer than the earlier generation neuroleptics, but I'd be concerned about the risks of extra-pyramidal side effects if snorting lots of olanzapine became a habit.

I strongly suspect that if you provide some information about why this seems like a potentially good idea that someone could steer you in a safer / more effective direction...

i've snorted a ten milligrams pills about half a hour ago, not sure but it doesn't seems to have any effects...a friend of mine usually smoke it, he say it's fun...i think i will try to smoke it tomorrow...my parents give me these pills but i don't want any medications really

but is a competitive antagonist? it bind to the allosteric or ortosteric syte?

i need to know that

well, imo snort a few lines of this drug relax a little bit...

snort is the best route for all drug imo, in this way you avoid the liver damage...no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop being a loser. Snorting or smoking this drug is on-par with drinking lemon extract. Eating nutmeg might be an improvement.

AFAICT olanzapine is a competitive antagonist. And snorting it isn't going to "prevent liver damage", your liver would still be exposed to the drug.

Don't snort olanzapine. Don't smoke it. Take your antipsychotics orally, as directed. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.