• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentora pill form fentanyl does it exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
Asking cuz I have done brown an oc before but only smoked

Anyways my parents were saying that someone stole my 84 year old grandmas Meds. And my parents don't know much about any Meds but my dad said she said it was fentanyl

It tripped me out cuz he said it was pill form fentanyl. And I never knew it existed. I've only seen heard of it in patch form and the newish suckers

And it also tripped me out cuz my grandma is 84 yes but she used to be a nurse and never messed with pain killers much I couldn't believe they gave her fentanyl. She doesn't have cancer but I don't know her medical problems besides that.
I thought they'd give her op 80s or roxy 30s.maybe dilaudid
Just think fentanyl is crazy strong and my grandma of course didn't like it got sick as in too much for her opiate sick

Sorry for the whole story so are these fentanyl pills legit??

All I found online was the fentora name but no pictures or much info maybe they are knew

Yes fentanyl comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, they have nasal sprays, lozenges, sublingual tablets, sublingual spray, patches, ect. Sure fentanly is strong compared to oxy or morphine, however typical oxy doses are in miligrams, where as typical fentanyl doses are in micrograms, making the analgesic effects of commonly prescribed fentanyl, on par with other prescribed opioids. And last but not least, old people need that shit! They've been through ~80 years of gravity, and other forces pulling and pushing on their bodies. Time takes it's toll on the human body.

- SS373dOH Soul

Yeah they are. Been around for awhile. They arent pills you swallow but hold in the cheek to absorb it bucally. She must have had them for awhile because nearly every fentanyl product besides the patches are now exclusively used for cancer pain. There are risk management programs for them that doctors must agree to follow and it is unlikely any wouldnt.

^ Is fentanyl for cancer only, exclusive to the US? Or could his grandma be outside of the US?

- Hopeless

Not sure about anywhere else but other than Duragesic, it is mostly restricted to cancer in the buccal, sublingual or nasal forms. Used to see them for non-cancer chronic pain and think some would still prescribe it this way but the doctor, patient and pharmacist all have to enroll in one program now (each product used to have their own and was easily ignored). They do track it and know most of my colleagues wouldnt dare dispense it if everything wasnt in order.

In Europe you can get prescribed sublingual fentanyl tablets for pain. 67 mcg, 133 mcg, 267 mcg, 400 mcg, 533 mcg and 800 mcg. I Denmark there are only one company selling Fentanyl tablets. They are produced by Recivit.

And I do not think that it is only for cancer pain as they are quite common to find at the black markets.

I was only speaking of the actual intended use here. Im sure it too gets diverted to the black market here but its legitimate use is much more restricted.

She was talking about the fentanyl guidelines in the US.
I do have a question though, are there fentanyl analogues on the black market there? I mean, I'm sure there are, but how do the analogues fair, compared to the legit tablets?

- SS373dOH Soul

I was only speaking of the actual intended use here. Im sure it too gets diverted to the black market here but its legitimate use is much more restricted.

I am aware that you were speaking about intended use. My point is, that the amount of available tablets leads me to hypothesize that the fentanyl tablets in Europe are not only being giving to cancer patients but also other pain patients because of the high availability at the black market.

That may be true. I dont know what the restrictions are in Europe. This protocol (it is called TIRF-REMS) is only applicable in America. Perhaps some European countries have similar things and Im sure there is a small minority of providers here who dont follow it. Of course fent can be used for non-cancer pain in immediate release forms, we just limit it. I dont really agree with it but thats how it is.

I am aware that you were speaking about intended use. My point is, that the amount of available tablets leads me to hypothesize that the fentanyl tablets in Europe are not only being giving to cancer patients but also other pain patients because of the high availability at the black market.

If you're talking about the lower end of the "black market", just the commoner, who sells they prescription's, then yes, your hypothesis would be correct. If we're talking about the "big boy" black market, they could be counterfeited, or there could be corruption involved, to where the meds never reach it's intended destination. But I'm still wondering about the fent' analogue situation near you?

- SS373dOH Soul

Come on. You should be able to come up with this answer on your own. Actually, you kind of did. In asking the question "Does Fentora (Oral Fentanyl) exist?" you have already deduced that oral Fentanyl does indeed exist. Be aware that it's not oral or PO per se, it's a buccal tablet. This means that the goal is for the active ingredient to absorb through your mouth/inside of cheek etc. Some will inevitable be swallowed, but for this ROA the bioavailability is reduced.

There's actually a website call, ahem, Fentora.com. It's a wealth of information on, well, Fentora.

Aside from that, we don't really do pill/drug identification on Bluelight. Luckily, google is your friend and can get you answers much more quickly than the forums can. Drugs.com, Wikipedia, WebMD and in this case, a proprietary web site can all help you identify what drug you have and the dosage. I'm gonna go ahead and close this, as I feel we've addressed all of the OP's original questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.