• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Patch 12mcg/hr

A

AnonymousOpioid

I need some help on this, I am out of my Hydrocodone and am not doing so well. It pains me to say I need them to function normally, but that's the way it is. I have a few Fetanyl patchs, the dosage is in the title, I have a pretty (what I think may be high) tolerance to opiates and I was coming here to ask if I would be okay using them or not. I can take around 120mg of Hydrocodone and walk around and not get very nauseous, I feel I'd be alright if taking it. A friend of mine said to be careful and I decided to consult before using. I would appreciate it greatly if y'all could help me.

Fentanyl is dangerous, straight up. That being said, a 12mcg/hr patch transdermally was like 10-20mg of hydro every few hours, that being said it is very hard to accurately translate fent time release patch to hydro dosage. If you're going to chew it or put it on your gums it is more like taking a punch of pills at once, but it's really a different high.

You have to be SOOOO careful with this stuff, like trying a 1/4 of a patch first, then maybe 1/2. This shit is dangerous. I would seriously consider trading it for something you like.

See that's the problem, I moved up to a town with my grandpa for school and know no one. It's a really small town so I'm sure I could find something if I looked hard enough but I don't wanna take the time ya know? I understand I have to be extremely careful with it but I'm pretty sure I'll be alright , I think it takes 12 hours to really get into your system?? I'm not sure I'll have to check, but I don't wanna gum it I just wanna put it on my chest and leave it.

I have a lot of experience with these patches and honestly I think you'll be pretty disappointed. It takes about 3 to up to 12 hours to feel it depending on factors like where you put it, heating the patch, how much you weigh, etc. I think you'll also be really disappointed because 12.5 transdermally would not be as strong as you think. It's used as a last line for opiates, but that's more of the higher dose ones. You might not even feel it. Like I said, it's like taking a few vicodin every couple of hours.

But I do stick by my earlier post, it's just not a risk worth taking. You'll probably end up chewing one or putting it one your gums once you realize it kinda sucks transdermally. That's dangerous.

Well I think I'm going to take it, I also have 1 75mcg/hr, haha but I'm getting rid of that, giving it to a friend of mine. I appreciate your help, thank you.

Keep me informed. Def dont take the 75mcg, that's when things get dangerous

Will do, I'm putting it on now, I will update in about 4 hours. Haha yeah not gonna mess around with that... Again, thank you so much for the help.

^ It's good for pain, but never really did it for me in terms of euphoria.

What I used to do with my 100mcg/h would be cut them into quarters, I think you might be able to do the same depending on the patch

What I used to do with my 100mcg/h would be cut them into quarters, I think you might be able to do the same depending on the patch

i did exactly the same thing with them. a fentanyl high is less euphoric than pretty much every other strong opioid i tried but it's incredibly numbing, both physically and emotionally.

If you can get the lollies I would recommend those. Stick in under the tongue until you get where you wanna be. I used to get 1200's, left in my mouth for 5 minutes and put it away.

I DO like the patches though.

OooOOo...love me some fentanyl.
I used to score 100's and would cut up in smaller pieces and chew on them..extreme nodding high from chewing on them.
I recently IVed some fentanyl and it was one of the most intense rushes I've ever had, but had Joe Pesci legs...was very disappointed lol.
Be careful if chewing tho...especially if all you're used to taking is hydrocodone, this stuff is WAY stronger and has killed many people.
Be safe!

I saw an "Intervention" program the other night and there was a lady hooked on the patches but what was interesting was some of the crazy shit she'd do to inject them. She would take a spoon of water and lay the patch in it and I think she was scraping it (not 100% sure) into the water and then she'd inject it. She said she loved the first shot of the patch as I suspect it was the strongest. She'd continue to do the scraping in water thing until it didn't work anymore. I couldn't tell how many pops she'd get out of a patch but once it was done, she'd make what she called a "soup" out of what was leftover. She'd cut the worn out patch(es) into tiny pieces, cook them over a burner and then I think she'd draw up the water and shoot it up. FYI - I think the show intentionally leaves out some of the steps so a "harm reduction" show doesn't turn into a "how to get high" show.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone doing something like this, because it's the first time I've ever seen anything remotely like this being done with those patches. BTW, because of how strong the patches are, the individual targeted for the intervention mentioned to be very careful with them and only because she has such an incredibly high tolerance can she do what she does and live. Anyone without such a tolerance would clearly be swimming in very dangerous waters. Personally, I have no desire whatsoever to mess with Fentanyl but I'm always looking to increase my knowledge base and stay informed on what's going on IRL.

I have a question. I have a very high tolerance and chew the 50mcg patches. Is there a way after chewing them for a while to make sure the fentanyl is all used up? Like boiling the strip and drinking the water or something? After about an hour i feel like there something. Left but they are the plastic patches and no gel so you can only chew for so long. Any tips? I dont wanna throw it away. Before knowing.

Honestly i am not sure. I know what you mean, the point where after chewing it basically turns to mush. I dont really think its salvageable after that