• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl- oral gel consumption

memorytremory

Bluelighter
Hey guys- been lurking for a while, but this is my first post- hope I'm in the right section. 8)

The other day I hooked up with a friend who bought us fentanyl patches to celebrate our leaving the crisis center of the hospital (yayyyy, poor decision making). She got me a 25 µg/h patch, and got herself a 75, i believe. Craziest shit I have ever done, I honestly can barely remember what happened, only that I was struggling to breathe, focus, and stay conscious. 8o I'm about 5'7" and 120 lbs, and am not super experienced with any hard drugs. Do you think it was kind of idiotic of her to scrape off ALL the gel and consume it like it was a reasonable dosage? From what I've scraped up around this site, most of you just wear the patch or smoke it, much less ingest a bunch of gel (seriously, fucking need some impulse control).

Opinions? I'm also on clonazepam and fluvoxamine, and had smoked earlier, don't know if that had anything to do with interfering with it.

not really sure what your question is.. your asking for opinions on you taking the gel out of the whole patch at once?
That was stupid and if it was a 75mcg like your friends, you seriously could have died if you were alone with no1 to call 911 fast enough to save you quick enough.. you took a risk and were lucky. But luck doesn't happen all the time :\ ... glad you're ok tho :)

:)

Thanks. I guess my question is, having no real 'hard drug' experience, was that a fucked up move on my part to consume all the gel from the 25 patch? I mean, she ate the 75, but she was a heroin addict for quite some time.....

Also, have other people tried this drug and found it to have less harsh effects using it in a different method? I kind of wanted the euphoria that something like MDMA would give, but not like, respiratory failure and slipping in and out of consciousness.....

Just not a good drug to fuck around with, eh?

Fent is something like 1000 times stronger than heroin. Thats why it is measured in micrograms not miligrams. Its a strong drug, possibly one of the strongest medical opiods. If you have no experience at all to opiates than yea you were fucking dumb to eat that much fent... Just saying, not trying to bash. If you have no tolerance to opiates the best thing to start on is a couple vics or loratabs, or a couple mg of oxycontin... Not fent lol...

Honestly, even with a huge heroin habit it would be irresponsible and potentially fatal to consume all of the gel from the 75mcg patch, what probably saved you guys is that fent has a terrible oral bioavailability; if you had smoked it or used it sublingually it is likely that neither of you would be alive right now.

I would recommend that you stay away from fentanyl. Those patches are not meant to be abused, and contain and extraordinary amount of drug, making them very dangerous. If you somehow do figure out how to use these safely, the best that you can hope to be left with is a horrendous habit.

i definately agree that abusing fent is a horrible idea!!! take it from me, ive been down that road, and ended up overdosing. i've od on a few different drugs and let me tell you that fent was by far the worst! i was white as a ghost puking blood for a couple hrs. luckily my bud got me to the er in time. definately stay away from that shit

yea fent is bad. I can shoot 500-600 mgs of oc a day and when I get fent I will shoot the 100mcg patches. But even with a habit like mine there has been a few times that I have passed out for about 15 mins or so. But fent is very dangerous.

:)

Thanks. I guess my question is, having no real 'hard drug' experience, was that a fucked up move on my part to consume all the gel from the 25 patch?

Go to the Bluelight Shrine and read some of the obits. Note how many people died from fentanyl ODs.

You were lucky this time because you ate the patch: IIRC, fentanyl has lousy oral bioavailability. The dose you got uncomfortably nodding on was probably 1/20 or less of the fent in that patch. If you had rubbed it on your gums or shot it up, you might not be here right now.

IOW, yes, it was a fucked up move on your part. Don't do that again.

It's curious to read a thread like this one just after watching an episode of a TV show portraying intervention over a girl who spent her days sucking fentanyl lollipops.

so what about a 50 mcg hr gel patch??? how much of thhat would be safe to rub on ur gums for only a nice calm, non-deadly buzz??

i had a bundle a day heroin habit and one time i just licked an empty 100 patch and was vomiting alot, itching, massively. fentanyl for some reason i HATE and i like opiates, every1 smokes it, i dont see the big deal, it was stupid IMO, i usually just slap the patch on my arm to avoid withdrawls, sometimes ill rub some of the gel on my gums, a couple times i would shoot a glob but nothing really too big happened..idk maybe imd oing it wrong, in general i hate fentanyl

so what about a 50 mcg hr gel patch??? how much of thhat would be safe to rub on ur gums for only a nice calm, non-deadly buzz??

definetly not all the gell it will kill you! rub maybe a pea sized glob on ur gums, that may still make u real sick tho

i had a bundle a day heroin habit and one time i just licked an empty 100 patch and was vomiting alot, itching, massively. fentanyl for some reason i HATE and i like opiates, every1 smokes it, i dont see the big deal, it was stupid IMO, i usually just slap the patch on my arm to avoid withdrawls, sometimes ill rub some of the gel on my gums, a couple times i would shoot a glob but nothing really too big happened..idk maybe imd oing it wrong, in general i hate fentanyl

There is no standard weight of heroin that makes up a "bundle" so try using more universal terms when describing the amount of heroin you use so we can better understand the dosages you are taking and consequently your tolerance level. That way we can help judge the amount of fentanyl you should be taking.

Where I live there is no such thing as a bundle. I just call me dealer up and tell him how much money I want to spend and he puts that amount of heroin in a bag and sells it to me. So it very difficult to tell how much heroin you were using. Try using weight measurements like grams or milligrams. Also describing the potency level per a certain amount of weight would be helpful too....like 0.3 grams insufflated was enough to make me extremely high and someimes vomit....etc...

Also...when taking fentanyl...its always best to be extra cautious since its such a potent opiate. If you are going to use the fentanyl other than prescribed(stuck on your skin, with the patch intact)....than try only using TINY amounts at first, rubbed on your gums. And determine the correct dose for you from there. Do not swallow the gel as it has an extremely low bioavailabiity orally. When absorbed through your mouths membranes the BA is MUCH higher.

And you are right, smoking fentayl is a poor decision.....although people may choose to do that if they wish. Its just that smokin it wastes soo much of the drug no matter what kind of rush you get when doing it. Rubbing it under your tounge and on yor gums is the best ROA in my opinion. But be careful when doing so.

Like I said...TINY amount, pronably half the size of a pea or pellet to start off...and then up the dose according to how you feel. But make usre to give it time to kick in before re-dosing. You can always take more, but once youve taken it you cant go back.

Please be safe and make informed decisions. Thanks.

As far as a bundle, to let you know where my tolerance is at, 10 bags are in a "bundle" each bag weighs between .1 or .2, so about a gram more or less is a bundle

Deadly doses

I hooked up with a friend who bought us fentanyl patches to celebrate our leaving the crisis center of ...

She got me a 25 µg/h patch, and got herself a 75,

I honestly can barely remember what happened, only that I was struggling to breathe, focus, and stay conscious...
I'm about 5'7" and 120 lbs...
Do you think it was kind of idiotic of her to scrape off ALL the gel and consume it like it was a reasonable dosage? just wear the patch or smoke it...

Opinions? I'm also on clonazepam and fluvoxamine, and had smoked earlier, ..

My opinion is rough: Your friend should be *dead* or in some hospital after having her stomach pumped. You could have died too-easily. Though some doctors start cancer patients with a 25 mcg per hour patch, they are supposed to start now with a 12.5mcg dose

A person can easily *die* from just using the 75mcg patch on the skin, let alone taking the *three-day-dose* all at once and *eating it*.Unless she's already on huge doses, she should have died.
This kind of thing has caused the CDC to recommend against patients getting medication, and the (American) DEA is behind new laws prosecuting doctors who help even *cancer patients* with those patches. People only have those patches to use two ways:
1) Someone stole them from a cancer patient
2) Someone getting prescriptions sold them or "donated" them.
When someone dies, all medicine should be retrieved and destroyed by hospice.
Now one can read of people desperate for pain control are being *removed* after 20 or 25 years on opiates. Even terminal cancer patients are denied! Back in 2010/11, my husband was nearly denied patches that helped him the year before he died, so even hospice was getting up-tight. Now, I hear it is much, much worse.

ELEPHANT FENTANYL

One new problem (in America) is "street fentanyl" that was used on REAL ELEPHANTS. Aside from the *human* skin-patches being deadly (and people stealing them), someone stole drugs intended to be used only on HUGE ANIMALS. There is no way to figure out a human dose, so many people were found dead (a patch marked "25" cold be anything, I'm guessing). The whole thing is rough, and people may not know where things come from.
Other news:
●Shooting *any* fentanyl from any patch will kill people, partly due to plastic-like agents.
●Smoking patches will harm or destroy lungs (same reason).
●Eating a patch is only marginally better...
●Fentanyl has a long effect and each patch is 3 *days* worth, so anyone taking it all at once can die.
●Fentanyl is stronger than heroine or nearly *anything* so cancer patients may be the ones hurt most.
●People should know that some patches contain (much) more product than intended for absorbtion on their arm or back. A pharmacist-friend might privately tell their their patient/friend how to maximized pain control by using the remaining medicine safely, now that doses are down to 25mcg/hr(!!). It could be through the skin or mucus membrane, but one could call poison control as a hypothetical *before-hand*.
* Please be safe and think of others safety too!

I'd say you learned your lesson! Fentanyl is 100x strong than Morphine and 30-50x stronger than Heroin.

You overdosed, and you're lucky to be alive. And yes, the Klonopin did not help. Many people die from opiate/benzo combos. You have a guardian angel.

You only needed a tiny pinch of gel, even opiate tolerant folks only need than much... slightly puzzled how your friend ingested a 75 patch! In my deepest opiate addiction I would only pinch off a tiny amount from a gel patch. I overdosed on Fentanyl once, and the experience was like you described.. and my lord, the migraine that accompanied was enough to never screw with Fentanyl again.

My VERY opiate tolerant grandfather was prescribed hydromorphone (Dilaudid) 4x 8mg pills at 8x daily (every 3 hours). That is 32mg every 3 hours, 256mg per day! Yes, when I had to fill his daily dispensers, I would gasp at the enormous pile of dilly 8's!
The pharmacy eventually flipped out with the amount of dilaudid they were dispensing him, so his pain doctor changed his regimen to only 5x 8mg PER DAY, and added a 75mcg Fentanyl patch. The 75mcg patch replaced and acted as the equivalent of 216mg per day of Dilaudid.

That is a fucking shit ton of medicine. I would say with some sort of reasonable logic, that any opiate naive person would OD at 216mg of dilaudid. Hell, 16mg dialudid has been reported to cause fatalities.... that dose is enough to kill 13 opiate naive people. And one opiate naive midget. Had to account for the .5 in the 13.5! (216/16mg = 13.5)

There is a national epidemic of Fentanyl overdoses. Especially with the new synthetic that came out, and also the fucking assholes that are putting it in Xanax bars. Four blocks from my apartment people are overdosing on Fentanyl laced Xanax bars. Just today, my addictionalogist doc warned me not to get Xanax from that block ever again as one of his patients died two days ago from Fentanyl laced Xanax. You can read about the crisis here... google it for San Francisco.

Last edited:
It's curious to read a thread like this one just after watching an episode of a TV show portraying intervention over a girl who spent her days sucking fentanyl lollipops.

I think I remember that one. Was that the chick that was an extra on Star Trek TNG?