• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin fentanyl IV - trouble hitting self

lukeskywatcher

Greenlighter
i’ve posted these questions before with not much luck in the replies. so here i am, once again, trying.
i’m having the worst time ever trying to hit myself. i’ve been going in my neck without any problem but then i missed a little bit and now that spot is screwed :( ~ currently have a heating pad on it to try and help with the swelling. any tips on how to help with a missed shot and the swelling and such??
and for some reason the other side of my neck i just cannot find a spot to hit.
i have zero visible veins on my body and that’s my biggest issue. i drink so much water but i guess because i barely have any body fat and am tiny that they just don’t show? i don’t know. i usually have to look up “veins in arm” or where ever on google to try and match up where a good vein is to hit since fun fact: almost everyone has exactly matching veins on their body. i’ve tried everything. taking a hot shower. using a hot compress. tying off and pumping my hand. usually whenever i hangout with one of my junkie friends i’ll see where they’ve been hitting and take a photo of that spot to later use it for reference.. it’s worked wonders in the past. just wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to hit? maybe can send s photo? or knows or any other crazy tricks? i’m at my wits end: usually lately i’ve just been snorting it. i mean it still gets me well and i still get high af even but as anyone who’s an IV user know.. there’s nothing like banging it. plus my nose is rly starting to get fucked up from snorting it and lord have mercy i am so scared of eventually getting that pig nose from having a hole in my septum 😳😐

common man throw that shit out or put it away before ya do get that super hit from tryin so hard and we hear from ya no more. [please.
not judgemental but have seen the effects of what you are going through and it has never ended in a "good" way.
otherwise... be careful.
my advice was to put it away or trash it.

hey @lukeskywatcher

Do you not have any noticeable veins left due to your IV use? I've heard of people doing pushups to bring about the veins in their arms. Also, you could look into getting a vein finder light. There are little flashlight ones where you could jimmy up some kind of holder for it.
I don't recommend this but there is your foot, and groin area, not sure if you have tried that avenue yet.
Vitamin B6 and B12 is good for your veins. B3 helps with blood flow. Same with Vit E, C and K.
Then like 6am mentioned, if there aren't any veins then maybe it's time to take a break from IV and try another means, such as plugging.

Usually the ones on your hands would be visible and reachable to anyone. However I don't exactly recommend going in there, they roll, they're delicate and easy to blow, it's painful plus you risk permanent nerve damage to your hand if you miss bad.
I've hit there a few times in the past because my vascularity has always been poor despite being slim AND working out, and it hurt like all fuck.
I'd personally take a good long break.
Some veins that aren't too badly fucked - up might actually recover and 'come back' for you given time.
In fact you might take this chance to bring your consumption right down to more manageable levels.

Usually the ones on your hands would be visible and reachable to anyone. However I don't exactly recommend going in there, they roll, they're delicate and easy to blow, it's painful plus you risk permanent nerve damage to your hand if you miss bad.
I've hit there a few times in the past because my vascularity has always been poor despite being slim AND working out, and it hurt like all fuck.
I'd personally take a good long break.
Some veins that aren't too badly fucked - up might actually recover and 'come back' for you given time.
In fact you might take this chance to bring your consumption right down to more manageable levels.
Yeah ur right about veins being able to recover. Literally a couple months ago, I noticed a vein, in the spot of the very first vein I collapsed. It took like 10 years, n I don't know if it's the vein that collapsed rose back up, or if somehow from weight lifting or something, maybe a new vein came up in that spot. Seriously, thought once a main one went that was it