Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm Reduction Fentanyl in Australia

n3ophy7e

Sr. Moderator
Staff member
How prevalent is fentanyl-laced product in Australia now? I've got a few old friends who are in to the IV game and I want to give them a current, educated idea of just how careful they need to be regarding fent. I have told my close friend to expect that more and more fentanyl will make its way to Australian shores, but is it already happening?

How prevalent is fentanyl-laced product in Australia now? I've got a few old friends who are in to the IV game and I want to give them a current, educated idea of just how careful they need to be regarding fent. I have told my close friend to expect that more and more fentanyl will make its way to Australian shores, but is it already happening?

Not very I don't think. I'm not in that scene and only smoke meth (don't hang around other users). But there's been nothing on the news about Fentanyl here and they love stories about drug disasters.

I have heard meth here is being laced with Fent but I don't know. It'd be interesting..

Someone mentioned they had used something called Carfentanil to me , recently. Upon looking at what that is on google, i highly doubt it was Carfentanil and maby just normal Fent powder, although they were quite sure it was when i asked them if they meant normal fent. It was while we were discussing fent/opiod analogues and fent being around Australia now. They claimed to have IV'd it. https://www.health.act.gov.au/news/drug-carfentanil-elephants-not-humans - Although that report claims there was a seizure of it in the ACT a few years ago. No idea honestly, not my area of expertise (Opioids and IV stuff)

Used as a cut in h. Only small amounts and not too common but more common than youd think

I don't think there is much around yet, i could be completely wrong but either way, unfortunately, i think we will see more and more fent enter the Aus market as time go forward.
From what i see in doco's the profit margins are just too irresistible for the MrBigs to turn away from.
I am not often one to mention tougher laws but i think this killer stuff demands it. Anyone caught with a commercial/trafficable quantity of fent should get the book thrown at them.

Used as a cut in h. Only small amounts and not too common but more common than youd think
Yeah sorry I should've specified, I meant specifically cut in H, but also in other stuff e.g. meth.
I am guessing it will become more common, unfortunately. I have told my friend to start making a habit of testing his gear and being more careful than usual. Other than that what can ya do....

I haven't heard anything from the news, the needle exchanges, or my state drug and alcohol services about fentanyl so I'm leaning towards it being pretty uncommon here. I know of people who have used diverted fentanyl but very unusual for it to make its way in as a cutter.

I do know if a guy who imported like a kilogram of it and had it seized and the police and courts destroyed him, and rightfully so. As another posted said I don't believe in criminalising drugs, but I make an exception for fentanyl. And when some markets on the dark web refuse to even allow it to be sold you can see the reason for it.

I see many threads around here but I got a Q, fentanyl is a painkiller more or less and so laced with heroin provides backwards effect? Isn't just a myth similar to if you heat up honey it becomes toxic

I can say with absolute certainty there is next too no fentanyl in Australia. The only chance one would have would be hypothetically coming a cross a real scum bag (low level street dealer) who decided to go down to that level.

Reason being Australia is flooded constantly with the highest purity heroin in the world (that being the #4 heroin produced in the Golden Triangle)

Various vietnamese and chinese syndicates are constantly bringing in huge shipments (100kg-1tonne) isnt uncommon and heroin is so expensive in Australia the various asian crime families/syndicates are competing constantly for there slice of the insane profits.

They have access too unlimited supply from the golden triangle so cuting it, especially with fent will end up costing them shit loads as the distributors in Melbourne and Sydney will simply change who to buy from. At $200,000 a kilogram theres no mucking around with shit like fent.

Whilst fent is around in small amounts in europe it has been and looks to continue to be pretty much an American and Canadian problem. This is due to the close proximity too Mexico where majority of there product come from. Unlike Australia, heroin is dirt cheap there and the Mexican cartels are well known for putting profit over quality. They import fentanyl from China then cut the hell out of there already low standard H or in many cases simply sell it as H.

One good thing about the chinese compared too the mexicans is they have always had a very strong business like way of operating. Its a cultural thing. Asians value self respect aka 'face' and selling shit drugs would make them 'loose face' which is a pretty bad thing in the asian culture.

But with no fent comes a price..4+X what heroin (90% of the time fent) costs in the US. But in all honesty i would rather pay 4X as much and get 90% purity #4 heroin than get a bag of fent.

Theres also #3 Afghanistan heroin in Australia but its not as common and is about 25% cheaper than the G.T #4.

Last edited:
I can say with absolute certainty there is next too no fentanyl in Australia. The only chance one would have would be hypothetically coming a cross a real scum bag (low level street dealer) who decided to go down to that level.

Reason being Australia is flooded constantly with the highest purity heroin in the world (that being the #4 heroin produced in the Golden Triangle)

Various vietnamese and chinese syndicates are constantly bringing in huge shipments (100kg-1tonne) isnt uncommon and heroin is so expensive in Australia the various asian crime families/syndicates are competing constantly for there slice of the insane profits.

They have access too unlimited supply from the golden triangle so cuting it, especially with fent will end up costing them shit loads as the distributors in Melbourne and Sydney will simply change who to buy from. At $200,000 a kilogram theres no mucking around with shit like fent.

Whilst fent is around in small amounts in europe it has been and looks to continue to be pretty much an American and Canadian problem. This is due to the close proximity too Mexico where majority of there product come from. Unlike Australia, heroin is dirt cheap there and the Mexican cartels are well known for putting profit over quality. They import fentanyl from China then cut the hell out of there already low standard H or in many cases simply sell it as H.

One good thing about the chinese compared too the mexicans is they have always had a very strong business like way of operating. Its a cultural thing. Asians value self respect aka 'face' and selling shit drugs would make them 'loose face' which is a pretty bad thing in the asian culture.

But with no fent comes a price..4+X what heroin (90% of the time fent) costs in the US. But in all honesty i would rather pay 4X as much and get 90% purity #4 heroin than get a bag of fent.

Theres also #3 Afghanistan heroin in Australia but its not as common and is about 25% cheaper than the G.T #4.
That is really good to know, thank you my dude <3

Long story but it does eventually connect to the topic of fentanyl in Australia.

In my old apartment building I had a neighbour I affectionately dubbed 'crazy girl' because, well... She was crazy. She had this whole thing where my first interaction with her I was giving her a beanbag I didn't want anymore and she asked for it so i sorted out a time. Eventually she wasn't getting in contact so I told her if she didn't pick it up that evening I would bin it. She told me 'can I pick it up at 9 after I finish at the crazy horse?'

So the crazy horse is a strip club. I didn't ask where she worked, I asked when she would be able to pick it up. She decided that she would tell the relatively attractive older male in her apartment block that she works at a strip club, I guess in some kind of effort to impress me.

Girl, I've been fucked for men for bags of heroin and meth. Working in a strip club would be heaven compared to that.

I was like 'cool don't give a shit, pick it up or lose it '

Fast forward and me and her aren't on speaking terms because she had a huge argument with her pimp and screamed down the building. I told her she can't do that in such close living quarters. She used her mental health as an excuse (and she somehow had every single diagnosis under the sun, and almost bragged about it too) and said because she's in disability it's unfair to hold her to a higher standard. On disability and working over the allowable hours to retain her payments for cash in hand, right.

Every month or so there was another disaster. Once she needed someone to get into her flat because she had 'ducttaped herself to her bed' and other times she would be up all night yelling.

The last incident, someone made a noise complaint about her playing loud music at 3am. She ran up and down the whole 3 story building banging on everyone's doors and swearing at them for calling the cops before writing a Facebook post in our local community group saying she was psychotic and mentally ill and 'she deserved to live there in peace as well. Listening to music is part of my therapy.'

I'd had enough of it. I told her if she wanted to listen to loud music at 3am she could buy a pair of nice headphones like everyone else did then listen to her hearts content. I also pointed out that she was not the only person in the apartment building who had mental health issues, I did, but I never made them anyone else's problem like she did (at one stage she wanted her therapist to print out a guide on how to de-escalate her so that neighbours could be trained in how to do that and I'm like wtf I'm not your social worker, this is not my job). Before she could get out her standard 'im a sex worker on the DSP' I ripped out the 'im mentally ill, autistic, on the NDIS and applying for the DSP and likely going to get it. I have also done sex work. Just because you have a disablity that does not give you the right to make other people's lives hell. I have the right to live here in comfort without your outbursts triggering my mental health. You are not the only person with mental health who wants to live here in peace.'

She moved out shortly after that, only to then request housing due to being potentially made homeless soon after moving. I didn't know what happened. A couple of months after that someone else in my community group posted about a clearly substance affected person trying to force his way into her house in the apartment next to mine. Crazy girl wrote a comment on the thread saying that there are 'drug gangs' on the road behind our apartment block which links up to the rest of the city. Apparently, Fentanyl has 'hit (insert name of street). Stay safe everyone. I had to move out because it's just too close to home.'

I called her out for scaring people for no reason. Said that DASSA (drug and alcohol services south Australia) have not mentioned any fentanyl, nor have any of the needle exchanges, the police haven't made a statement, and it hasn't been mentioned in the news (which you'd think it would be given the scale of what it's done in America). I made the point that as an opiate addict I've been trying to sniff out access to reliable heroin for around a decade, which I've been rather unsuccessful at. The cops in Adelaide have got heroin on lock. It gets here, they get busted. I said I would have definitely sniffed out fentanyl on my back doorstep.

She was like 'i guess you didn't. I saw it, I was offered some to buy'

So I went 'look, you can barely even buy Fentanyl to ship to Australia off the dark web because it'll get stopped at customs. Where the hell do you think they're sneaking all this fentanyl into the country? Yes, some gets diverted and some arguably gets stolen from other people but there is ZERO large scale importation of fentanyl in this country and no evidence for widespread distribution. I'm sorry, it just isn't happening. And also, there are no 'drug gangs' on (insert street). There is a lot of public housing, and drug users, and there are a couple of meth dealers houses which I know because I found them within a month of relapsing last year, but there are certainly no drug gangs. And you most definitely cannot 'cold cop' drugs on the street in Australia like you can in the US. You need a number, a connection with a dealer, and a relationship with them. None of what you said was true.'

She didn't respond to that.

So yeah. There is practically no fentanyl here. If there is, it's contamination and nothing more.

Long story but it does eventually connect to the topic of fentanyl in Australia.

In my old apartment building I had a neighbour I affectionately dubbed 'crazy girl' because, well... She was crazy. She had this whole thing where my first interaction with her I was giving her a beanbag I didn't want anymore and she asked for it so i sorted out a time. Eventually she wasn't getting in contact so I told her if she didn't pick it up that evening I would bin it. She told me 'can I pick it up at 9 after I finish at the crazy horse?'

So the crazy horse is a strip club. I didn't ask where she worked, I asked when she would be able to pick it up. She decided that she would tell the relatively attractive older male in her apartment block that she works at a strip club, I guess in some kind of effort to impress me.

Girl, I've been fucked for men for bags of heroin and meth. Working in a strip club would be heaven compared to that.

I was like 'cool don't give a shit, pick it up or lose it '

Fast forward and me and her aren't on speaking terms because she had a huge argument with her pimp and screamed down the building. I told her she can't do that in such close living quarters. She used her mental health as an excuse (and she somehow had every single diagnosis under the sun, and almost bragged about it too) and said because she's in disability it's unfair to hold her to a higher standard. On disability and working over the allowable hours to retain her payments for cash in hand, right.

Every month or so there was another disaster. Once she needed someone to get into her flat because she had 'ducttaped herself to her bed' and other times she would be up all night yelling.

The last incident, someone made a noise complaint about her playing loud music at 3am. She ran up and down the whole 3 story building banging on everyone's doors and swearing at them for calling the cops before writing a Facebook post in our local community group saying she was psychotic and mentally ill and 'she deserved to live there in peace as well. Listening to music is part of my therapy.'

I'd had enough of it. I told her if she wanted to listen to loud music at 3am she could buy a pair of nice headphones like everyone else did then listen to her hearts content. I also pointed out that she was not the only person in the apartment building who had mental health issues, I did, but I never made them anyone else's problem like she did (at one stage she wanted her therapist to print out a guide on how to de-escalate her so that neighbours could be trained in how to do that and I'm like wtf I'm not your social worker, this is not my job). Before she could get out her standard 'im a sex worker on the DSP' I ripped out the 'im mentally ill, autistic, on the NDIS and applying for the DSP and likely going to get it. I have also done sex work. Just because you have a disablity that does not give you the right to make other people's lives hell. I have the right to live here in comfort without your outbursts triggering my mental health. You are not the only person with mental health who wants to live here in peace.'

She moved out shortly after that, only to then request housing due to being potentially made homeless soon after moving. I didn't know what happened. A couple of months after that someone else in my community group posted about a clearly substance affected person trying to force his way into her house in the apartment next to mine. Crazy girl wrote a comment on the thread saying that there are 'drug gangs' on the road behind our apartment block which links up to the rest of the city. Apparently, Fentanyl has 'hit (insert name of street). Stay safe everyone. I had to move out because it's just too close to home.'

I called her out for scaring people for no reason. Said that DASSA (drug and alcohol services south Australia) have not mentioned any fentanyl, nor have any of the needle exchanges, the police haven't made a statement, and it hasn't been mentioned in the news (which you'd think it would be given the scale of what it's done in America). I made the point that as an opiate addict I've been trying to sniff out access to reliable heroin for around a decade, which I've been rather unsuccessful at. The cops in Adelaide have got heroin on lock. It gets here, they get busted. I said I would have definitely sniffed out fentanyl on my back doorstep.

She was like 'i guess you didn't. I saw it, I was offered some to buy'

So I went 'look, you can barely even buy Fentanyl to ship to Australia off the dark web because it'll get stopped at customs. Where the hell do you think they're sneaking all this fentanyl into the country? Yes, some gets diverted and some arguably gets stolen from other people but there is ZERO large scale importation of fentanyl in this country and no evidence for widespread distribution. I'm sorry, it just isn't happening. And also, there are no 'drug gangs' on (insert street). There is a lot of public housing, and drug users, and there are a couple of meth dealers houses which I know because I found them within a month of relapsing last year, but there are certainly no drug gangs. And you most definitely cannot 'cold cop' drugs on the street in Australia like you can in the US. You need a number, a connection with a dealer, and a relationship with them. None of what you said was true.'

She didn't respond to that.

So yeah. There is practically no fentanyl here. If there is, it's contamination and nothing more.
Exactly or some low level dealer who's ordered a gram off the net.

The only time I know of fentanyl coming up is in pressed xanax which I've heard from a very reliable source.

This does make sense. But it's not finding its way into heroin.

The only time I know of fentanyl coming up is in pressed xanax which I've heard from a very reliable source.

This does make sense. But it's not finding its way into heroin.
Most likely someone that's bought a small amount of bars on a DNM from the US. Fent has turned up in a few of there homemade bars.