• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl help.

Djbockk

Greenlighter
I'm sure this has been a topic before but I am new to the site so I'm still learning how to use it. I have been taking about 1-3 10mg Hydrocodone daily with the occasional oxy added in there for the past 2 and a half years. I have recently got my hands on s fentanyl 50mcg patch. I'm 6 foot tall, 130 lbs so on the skinner side. I've built up enough tolerace to where I hardly even feel the 1-3 hydros so I was wondering if this patch would give me that first time feel again. The patch has the gel inside and I've read you can squeeze all that out to let it dry, then smoke/snort it but I'm not all to into that. I'm mainly an oral dosage kinda person. I've also read about the hard that these patches can do. Basically I just want to know that if I stick this patch on I'm not going to die or have other severe problems.

Cut it into quarters. Be careful u can always go up but fent is sketchy there's a fine line between catching a buzz and OD

Cut it into quarters. Be careful u can always go up but fent is sketchy there's a fine line between catching a buzz and OD
Uh most definitely don't cut a gel patch! That only works with matrix types. For the doses of hydro taken regularly one 50mcg patch should be ok as it's often a starting dose and OP isn't opioid naive. The patches last up to three days though and continue to be absorbed even if you remove it early to a degree so I'd advise not taking anything else during the three days or for a while if it's removed early.

Thanks for the help, still kinda weary of putting it on. How will this make me feel compared to he first time high? I don't do anything I'm not positive about. Will it slow my heart rate down and give me that sleep apnea I used to get when I first started?

Usually it's 3 or 4 but I only do the 1-3 when I'm running out and trying to space them out. The 1-3 hit me good enough to get through the day. I do use them for medical use but since I'm younger I can't find anyone to perscribe them for me. I wrestled and have had some major knee problems that causes it to give out bc of the pain. The high is just a plus but I do use them because of pain mainly.

Uh most definitely don't cut a gel patch! That only works with matrix types. For the doses of hydro taken regularly one 50mcg patch should be ok as it's often a starting dose and OP isn't opioid naive. The patches last up to three days though and continue to be absorbed even if you remove it early to a degree so I'd advise not taking anything else during the three days or for a while if it's removed early.

Yes, exactly.
When you cut it you expose yourself to a number of variables which makes it dangerous as you are dealing with a 3-full-day strong dose in one 'go'. As you already know, Fentanyl is very strong but pretty good for pain as you'll feel the relief and that will make you feel better. It's a bit heavy, but you should try to place the patches way above your waist somewhere near your shoulder.

These drugs will potentiate each other and you should be fine. I have felt a lot of pain because of orthopedic surgeries and sometimes our goals are to have zero pain, nothing at all. It's okay to feel something so you can evaluate how better you are doing or worse. You should not have to adapt yourself to pain, don't settle for nothing that doesn't settle that, but at the same time make sure you know what are you using and how strong all of these medications can be so you can be prepared if or when it comes to decreasing meds.
Good luck and take care.
Erik

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips you guys. I'm gonna put it on tomorrow because I'm already on 4 hydros and doing fine with the pain as of now. Would it be smart to actually just wait another day and not take anything tomorrow and then do the patch the day after tomorrow? Just so I'm not mixing it and it end up being too much for me to handle.

Yes, it sounds good and also because you'll still have residual amounts of them in your blood stream.
Welcome to Bluelight btw! ;)

BE CAREFUL messing with those patches with the gel. They have a big problem of hitting you all at one. They costed me a week in the ICU because of an overdose. Took a full one and felt amazing then felt myself sobering up and took another one and woke up in the ER thank god my dad was coming in my room to bust my ass on finding some shit in the bathroom. If you at anytime think you shouldn't take one and you can live with your "buzz" just wait a while. wearing them is the safest way of not ODing but you can if u put to many on. if you are going to wear them I wouldn't put more than 2 on no matter your tolerance.

Your tolerance is too low for a 50mcg fentanyl patch, this stuff can kill you, will make your tolerance go up in no time and the high is short lived and most people don't really enjoy it, as it's more of a cold high.
So better don't do it