Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fentanyl - General Discussion

HabitualAllThat

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

Now before I begin I'd like to urge that this thread is not packed with lectures and or reckless suggestions. I've begun this with the aim of producing a comprehensive discussion regarding Fentanyl use; individual experiences in particular are hugely welcomed.

I hope we are able to do this thoroughly in the trust of presenting knowledge based around harm reduction.
There are numerous knowledgeable people who frequent this forum, and I believe can contribute an invaluable insight along with individual views and experiences - my hope is that this thread can present a 'early warning' to those who are intent on misusing Fentanyl patches.
Even though in Australia the Matrix patch has been introduced in the hope that individuals won't abuse them - we all recognize people will always get imaginative, creative and find techniques to misuse.
I trust that the inquisitive, inventive and curious who see this thread go away with the information they require before judging whether or not they might misuse this drug; if it so happens you've decided you will misuse it, you will appreciate the risks involved and be more knowledgeable about Fentanyl.

Honestly it's a pretty crappy opioid. Better than a kick in the head I guess, but it really lacks the warm euphoria of drugs like morphine or heroin (even codeine gives a nicer high, qualitatively, if your tolerance is low enough to feel it), feels almost like a benzo in the sense that you're just getting pure sedation (with a side of analgesia). Definitely wouldn't recommend IVing it, as the short duration makes getting a sustained high going impossible.

Last edited:
Honestly it's a pretty crappy opioid. Better than a kick in the head I guess, but it really lacks the warm euphoria of drugs like morphine or heroin (even codeine gives a nicer high, qualitatively, if your tolerance is low enough to feel it), feels almost like a benzo in the sense that you're just getting pure sedation (with a side of analgesia). Definitely wouldn't recommend IVing it, as the short duration makes getting a sustained high going impossible.
I completely agree with a lot of what you've suggested It can be debilitating! - in the sense that it tranquilisers you with heavy sedation. You don't get that glowing fuzzy sensation you often get with opiates. I'd at no time recognized that the side effects are slightly like benzodiazepines, again, I agree. It's similar to a large dose of Ativan (Lorazapam). I have a moderately high opiate threshold, and at no time have had a problem with perspiration..., But fuck me I perspire from every crevice in my body while I use the patches transdermally.
Approximately twelve months ago I read you are able to heat the patch with a hairdryer to acquire a greater dosage of the drug. Well that was a fail. I always place a thin adhesive covering over the patch, so it stays on for the 72 hours. However, I applied heat and both the adhesive cover and the patch just fell off. Therefore, I wouldn't propose using this method, besides which it's dangerous;
Oh and guys I just want to add something I intended to address in the initial post but forgot. Please, if you choose to misuse patches do such a thing in the company of buddies that would get in touch with emergency services if something goes wrong, I can't emphasise enough how valuable that is.
I apologise this post is now very long I simply want to add something I've written on another thread I started regarding Fentanyl. This my profoundly intimate account of fentanyl misuse, I usually get emotional upon reflection about the event or even when I read the story below.

"To anyone that does read this thread in the future, please, please, please, don't mess with this shit - here's my story, apologies it is a little long.
In November last year I had recently taken up Art (sketching) as a means of keeping busy as I'm chronically ill and haven't been able to do much since taking a leave of absence from work. On that morning I had a prescription for Fentanyl patches filled. As soon as I got home I cut patch in half, extracted the Fentanyl, and injected. It was a hot day, and stupidly I'd also put on a full patch transdermally, on my chest. I went for a walk in the local park and sketched for maybe an hour. From this point on I am only able to explain because of information people gave me.
I had walked in the door of my house at roughy 11am, went to the kitchen to make something to eat and I had fallen on the floor having gone into full Cardic Arrest. My housemate who was asleep on the couch was thankfully woken by my housemates dog who was barking 'different' to how she'd usually bark. While on the phone to the ambulance - along with CPR my friend was able to free my airway and get me breathing again. Two ambulances arrived, followed by an intensive care paramedic. I was intubated, and didn't regain consciousness for another 6 hours where I woke up with a tube in my throat in intensive care. The hospital put it down to my angina and one previous infarction. They will never really know the facts. I almost killed myself, infact I did kill myself. I have a very high opiate tolerance and this still happened. I will forever be the fool for ever reconsidering playing with fire again. Only a fool makes the same mistake twice."

Sorry for being so forward Habitual, but is this an attempt to get detailed instructions on how to extract the fent from patches? Or are you just wanting to discuss the (short lived and not very exciting) high?

Not a recreational substance, from all accounts.
Use as directed, unless you have a death wish....and even then, use strictly as directed

Too many people dying on this forum.

Too many people dying on this forum.

Get what you're saying spacey but thinking about trying Fentanyl and thought I'd post here for any advice. Will be taking XTREME caution, not even 100% I'll indulge yet.

Got some blotters that apparently have 1000ug. First concern is if they're dosed correctly...and this will be the thing that prevents me from giving it a go. Who knows the skill of the person who laid it out, could be 'hot spots'. Plan is to cut it into lots of small portions and take it slowly. I'm on a low dose of suboxone that allows me to use opiates, but with longer acting ones it takes me about a week of being back on bupe before I get back to normal - not sure why exactly....I never get the proper precipitated withdrawals when switching back.

Any thoughts? Is it even worth risking?

Got some blotters that apparently have 1000ug. First concern is if they're dosed correctly...and this will be the thing that prevents me from giving it a go. Who knows the skill of the person who laid it out, could be 'hot spots'. Plan is to cut it into lots of small portions and take it slowly.

You might be better off taking a number of the blotters and dissolving them in water. This way you can average out the overall dose, dilute the solution as much as necessary and measure it more precisely (you're also likely to absorb some of the fentanyl through your fingers if you spend a ton of time handling them and cutting them up).

Is it even worth risking?

If you already have the blotters then I guess it's up to you whether you think it's safe to experiment with them, but at the end of the day, you aren't missing out on much. Like I said earlier in the thread, fentanyl just isn't very euphoric.

At the least, I'd recommend not taking them alone, so if the dose is vastly off, there's someone to call an ambulance.

Anyone have any experience with the Apotex brand patches?? Picked up my rx from Pharmacy the other day & got these in 100mcg dose & seems that they stay on fine the 1st day, but on the 2nd they start to move &/or bubble up off skin pretty bad... Not horribly, but bad enough that showering can prove to be a "FATALITY"MK style, lol, & they REALLY start coming off..... Also, noticed a gel substance that comes out or is all over it or my arm, so are these an anti-abuse formulary they've finally come out with?? Mylan is my usual & preferred patch(as long as I get the Tegaderm or K something brand covers, even though they BARELY cover the 100's..... Just asking outta curiosity b/c if anyone else is having sticking issues w/ this brand I will make sure to no longer accept this brand when filling my Rx's..... Thank you in advance for your response.....

If you already have the blotters then I guess it's up to you whether you think it's safe to experiment with them, but at the end of the day, you aren't missing out on much. Like I said earlier in the thread, fentanyl just isn't very euphoric.

At the least, I'd recommend not taking them alone, so if the dose is vastly off, there's someone to call an ambulance.

Thanks Crankinit. I don't think I'll bother.

At least with heroin it's very enjoyable and I'm familiar with the effects...so will stick with that.

i guess each to their own, i find them buzzy abit, as said rec use isnt really recreational as in euphoria and bliss.. unless you love to be lazy as fuck sit on the couch and do jack all day..for 2 days haha.. iv'n fent is defiently not the brightest idea.. tried warning so many people, but it gets to a point where you give up and say nah do it and see where it gets you...boom wakin up in hospital.. now either is smoking it.. altho fun it may be, its a waste..and you get alot of plastic smoke too unless you go full extraction styles, its easier with the gel patches but sadly theyre as rare as finding OC oxy these days...but yeah anyhow i think it was put on this planet to starve away the flu when you go dry, taken you accurately measure the dose/tolorance, can keep you good til finding another supply... or for really really sick/injured people, for keeping people heavily sedated whilst doing major organ surgeries.. open heart.... or if you ever get your hands on the actiq lollipops, can be actually so fun when high on meth or coke... but not for the opiate naive...

also youl know if your H is cut with fent, the euphorias different, barely any rush and smack that will throw you on your ass... literally a backhander from god.

From what I read, I gather that fent is not very euphoric and I should be happy my pain doc scripted me 3 5mg methadones daily? I dont notice them unless I smoke weed (which i do every day) then I get very high!

They prescribe Fent for cancer-like pain, so I'd think its a very effective pain killer indeed. I don't know much about methadone but it's supposed to have euphoric qualities so if that's what you're after, go for it.

I'd say they're roughly on par in terms of euphoria, methadone maybe slightly edging out fentanyl (but I've only taken methadone once, so it's hard to judge), while the fentanyl seemed more sedating than the methadone.

I love fentanyl. I am getting ready to come off of 40mg of methadone because the money has run out. Sooo I have three 75mcg patches, which is plenty to be able to wear. When I was on 60mg of methadone, that pretty much blocked the fent. I have found 40mg to be low enough to get rid of the blockade that would block fent for the most part. I am so high and overwhelmed in a good way as far as the patch is concerned. Actually, I have 5 50mcg Mallinckrodt patches and I have pre cut them and I even have 25mcg to use buccally right now. So I have to wear one whole patch and cut the other one in half. So I have One and a half X 3. Works awesome. I love using these buccaly but I get so much more out of wearing them that I won't even be tempted to take them by mouth. I think this is going to work out very well as far as getting off the methadone and then waiting three or four days before starting up suboxone. Actually, looking forward to it. LOL.

I flirted with fentanyl for a few days before a rather negative experience, which was this:

My girlfriend at the time had acquired a 100 microgram patch, and knowing how strong these bad-boys are, I took precautions. First, We cut the patches into quarters, with the intent on going halves with the quarters, for an individual dose of an eighth at a time.

The first four times we did it it seemed fine. We put the quarter-patch into a spoon and added half a mil of lemon juice, then bought it to the boil. Then we drained off the lemon juice and added 90 units of water from a clean needle onto the patch. We brought it to the boil again, and then stirred the mixture for a good few seconds to infuse it with the water. We chucked in a filter and both drew back half exactly half of the remaining water each. Obviously some water had boiled away to steam, so we each had about 35 - 40 units in our needles. We found our veins and plunged away. The result was wonderful, to say the least. Very much like heroin, which we were not as used to as morphine (our drug of choice) which crosses the blood-brain barrier that little bit slower than oxycodone, heroin and fentanyl (and other more exotic opiates which are difficult to obtain).

We had done this perhaps four times in the two days leading up to the negative event i'm going on to describe, the one which put us off fentanyl. These four times were positive experiences and we enjoyed them.

The next (and last) time we did fentanyl, we employed the exact same process as the one I have described above. I put my shot away, and was feeling great to say the least. Then my girl put hers away, and was seemingly okay. She got up off the kitchen stool where she had taken the shot, then announced she had to go to the toilet. I heard the toilet flush, saw her walk out the door and then wham! She fell flat on her face (luckily there was no damage). At first I thought she was playing a prank on me, as she is known to do such things (even though I had told her to NEVER joke about overdosing). After saying it wasn't funny and to get up, I realized she wasn't mucking around. I rolled her onto her back and she started to make this weird and extremely disconcerting sound, like she was struggling to breath (which in hindsight was exactly what her body was trying to do). It sounded kind of like a burp in reverse, if that makes sense. It's very difficult to describe in words. Her eyes rolled back in their sockets. I began to slap her with one hand and dial 000 for an ambulance with the other. I had only been out of jail for three days and was on parole, but I knew not to fuck about with an OD. Life is so very precious. I have heard of selfish people not ringing the ambo's because they are worried about the cops. To that I say: DON'T BE SO BLOODY SELFISH!

Anyway, about seven minutes later the paramedics arrived and I told them exactly what she had taken, and they dosed her with naloxone and took her to emergency. She lived, thank God. The police didn't get involved, and neither of us used fentanyl again.

I wanted to use this forum to ask people why she dropped that particular time, when we had been using the exact (well, as exact as we could be) same method each time. Same amount, same way of extraction, same method of administration etc. Does anyone have any explanation as to what happened that day?