• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl detox vivitrol shot in 6 days

Xanise

Greenlighter
I'm getting the vivitrol shot in 6 days or I lose my housing. Is there anyway to speed up getting fentanyl put of my system.

Unfortunately there's little you can do to speed up the elimination of fentanyl. The good thing about fent is that it has a short half life of a few hours, so in 6 days it should be out of your system but there's still chances that naltrexone will cause precipitated withdrawal. I once snorted part of a tilidin/naloxone pill while not being tolerant to opioids and it was still very uncomfortable (mentally, I felt very lonely and sad, tears came to my eyes without real reason. No physical discomfort, nausea or diarrhea). Did you take naltrexone before?

Would donating plasma remove some fentanyl from my system? Or would micro dosing naltrexone/suboxone push it out faster?

Would donating plasma remove some fentanyl from my system? Or would micro dosing naltrexone/suboxone push it out faster?
Donating plasma won't as the fent will stay in your blood and they put the same blood back in you that they take out . Maybe microscopic quantities would go out with the extraction of the plasma but not much. Microdosing subs won't do it either.

Exercise, exercise exercise. Even if you don't feel like it. Hydrate well with with water ( or any beverage really ) as you will urinate more. Eat well. Sleep well.

The fent should be pretty much gone in 6 days. So if you are worried about PWD you should be okay.

But since we really don't know anything about your biological makeup we really can't tell. Good luck and congrats on keeping your housing and getting clean.

I think this is dangerous and I wouldn't go through with it, or at least take a naltrexone the day before.. PWD almost killed me

Unfortunately fentanyl stays in your body for much longer than other opiates because it's lipid soluble. I have seen it still come out 10-15 days later in urine test. It is known to cause PWD when taking antagonists/ partial agonists for much longer than heroin.

I wonder if low doses of buprenorphine might be helpful here, to sort of induce/prepare the body for the naltrexone. Not sure...

Only sure fire way I know is physical exercise, I notice when I do something and sit around I can almost go twice as long before getting sick, if I’m doing any kind of physical work it shortens the amount of time it takes for me to get sick, get that blood pumpin

I was able to get onto subs without precipitated withdrawal from a fent habit— took sub after 7 days cold turkey.

The fentanyl still showed on urine test for over 2 weeks from last use. As somnilicious stated above— it’s highly lipophilic and stays in fat cells and will still show on a test

that said, even though I clearly had fent in my system, I did *not* experience any precipitated withdrawal inducting suboxone after 7 days with nothing. So I believe chances are you’ll be ok with a 6 day window… though of course everyone is different

Microdosing sub is an interesting idea… but I don’t know how that would interact with the shot. I just don’t have the personal experience or the book knowledge of Viviitrol. Know what it is and what it does, but my knowledge of other substances is far more extensive

But if I had to bet— I’d be all in on that you’re not going to go into withdrawal with a 6 day window. Good luck

Only sure fire way I know is physical exercise, I notice when I do something and sit around I can almost go twice as long before getting sick, if I’m doing any kind of physical work it shortens the amount of time it takes for me to get sick, get that blood pumpin
I have noticed the same thing