• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl curse

I have detoxed off fet 3x since thanksgiving; every time I’m on it I want off it until I’m off it then I want on it. It makes it so hard to breathe I have to use inhalers. It’s been a 10 day curse 10 days on then 10 days off. When detoxing I get so sick the 3rd day I use subs but they don’t actually work till the 5th day. My heart is so rapid taking fet I now have to also use xanax

2023 I pray this stops
i feel you! even once the withdrawals are done, i dont like how my mind feels & i almost feel crazy, so i end up smoking again. idk if u need this, & most ppl would say this advice is terrible but its helped me & some i know, so judge off how you think itd effect you. but tapering helps soo much, & when i say taper i mean dramatically. for the last 2-3 days, smoke soo little that ur still withdrawling but not full out. the last day or two, literally only use resin from ur straw. idk if ur using blues or powder but maybe even switch to blues for tapering. but that method made my withdrawals just really uncomfortable rather then debilitating, & only for 2-3 days. it takes 2-3 weeks to be completely out of WD tho. also, cocaine gets rid of restless legs & the weakness/fatigue, and while coke is absolutely not healthy to use, its way better than fett & once for a couple days isnt bad.

I have detoxed off fet 3x since thanksgiving; every time I’m on it I want off it until I’m off it then I want on it. It makes it so hard to breathe I have to use inhalers. It’s been a 10 day curse 10 days on then 10 days off. When detoxing I get so sick the 3rd day I use subs but they don’t actually work till the 5th day. My heart is so rapid taking fet I now have to also use xanax

2023 I pray this stops
also i really do hope you can quit soon, that breathing issue can easily become a permanent problem. but good news is, we’re human, therefor our lungs will heal themselves up to a point. ive been smokin 3 years, since i was 15, and i also noticed my lungs are crazy. i get enough oxygen but i just dont feel like i get enough air, and im out of breath easy. i also used to be able to take fat bong rips & now even small hits of even blunts burn like hell🤦‍♀️

currently at 57 hours since my last sub

I thought it would be similar to detoxing from fet

fet gets really intense at 48 hours and I thought subs would be the same but it was very mild at 48 hours to now so I’m thinking it will get intense at 72 hours. Also 812 hours off fet. My breathing is back to normal and heart rate much slower than before.

I luckily have comfort meds: gabapentin, clonidine and advil has been working well if it’s gets worse then I’ll take the street Xanax but trying to avoid it. I figure it will get better in a week or at least by day 12. Also I did a high fat diet beforehand and that has also helped as well as tapering to 0.75mg sub

thanks for the support; praying the withdrawal stays like it has been 40hours was my hardest point so far.

75 hours now; I started craving a vodka or drinking in general around 62 hours but it passed, now it’s just pushing through the aches and pains, today I plan to go run, I think I’m through the worst

currently at 57 hours since my last sub

I thought it would be similar to detoxing from fet

fet gets really intense at 48 hours and I thought subs would be the same but it was very mild at 48 hours to now so I’m thinking it will get intense at 72 hours. Also 812 hours off fet. My breathing is back to normal and heart rate much slower than before.

I luckily have comfort meds: gabapentin, clonidine and advil has been working well if it’s gets worse then I’ll take the street Xanax but trying to avoid it. I figure it will get better in a week or at least by day 12. Also I did a high fat diet beforehand and that has also helped as well as tapering to 0.75mg sub

thanks for the support; praying the withdrawal stays like it has been 40hours was my hardest point so far.

Suboxone will peak at around 7 days. The half life is so long that it won't even be out of your system fully for days. Unfortunately, the withdrawals also last much longer than most opiates, a good 3 weeks, most likely.

It also depends on how low you managed to taper before you ran out. If you tapered low, and you were used to a small amount, it might go easier for you.

I would describe fent feel like a dream. Other opioids or opiates--synthetic or not--seem to have a nice taper off as the high recedes. With fent it seems to be a mind-blowing feeling for people like us, but then it disappears quickly and "that's all that was" before the redose. Its not a pretty life and it wouldn't be hard to do fent for life if given the finances/opportunity to waste it away until death lol.

The mental aspect of the withdrawal is brutal. Had zero physical symptoms other than some mild obvious ones like appetite gone/issues sleeping/very low energy. Personally I don't think fent is worth it because its just a dream-like state that doesn't really much allow you to experience life in any format other than staring at a wall like a slug and being content with your situation. I've never experienced the struggling to breathe properly that you are dealing with. However, I'm not sure if thats a dosage thing or your body's particular negative reaction to the drug. It sounds very serious and concerning, and that can't be a good omen for continuing to use on the regular.

I recommend looking into suboxone/methadone if you really cannot quit and would absolutely reach the point where you can't take it anymore. I had the misfortune of cold-turkeying a pressed fent pill crusade and just want to say, I would never do it without suboxone again if I so much as touch fent within my future a bit too many times. Do you think you may be willing to try getting on suboxone if you cannot stop? Its a powerful feeling.. many junkies despise fent because "it has zero euphoria and only nodding out" as the high. For others like us it seems to be one of the best feelings possible, and something like it will obviously defeat so many people who enjoy the substance no matter the will-power involved. The temptation is too grand to resist for some mortals ;). I don't really think about fent much now but I do remember the days lol. I wouldn't say life is "boring" without it but it definitely is a hard adjustment and the happiness off opiates does not come when you want it to per say. Recalling staring at the wall doing nothing and being blown away by the sensation despite the nods and etcetera. No other substance that I've personally used allowed me to stare at paint drying and still be completely satisfied with my life while doing nothing at all. That can't be too entertaining for long you know? At least the perpetual boredom of sobriety allows your life to be slightly more interesting than being a blob, though. After 2 months of experiencing it all, my supply permanently ran out and I never really wanted to seek it out after how pleasurable it felt... this might've been around early 2020.
Congrats on the clean time. I’m 11 years clean off heroin and fent, 9 years clean off meth. Good shit man!

Suboxone will peak at around 7 days. The half life is so long that it won't even be out of your system fully for days. Unfortunately, the withdrawals also last much longer than most opiates, a good 3 weeks, most likely.

It also depends on how low you managed to taper before you ran out. If you tapered low, and you were used to a small amount, it might go easier for you.
this is 100% correct.... I got off taking 15 m30 a day with oxy for a month then to subs. Let me tell you, it fucking sucks but its all over now
15 fake m30 to 400mg oxy a day then I tapered that down to 60mg a day 30 ir in the morning and 30 ir in the afternoon, now I am good and clean. FUCKING CRAZY RIDE THOUGH BRO. never thought id take five FUCKING FIVE 80mg oxy at once and it would just keep me from getting cold sweats and puking

Now over 100 hours, I really think the worst was at 40 hours I did have aches and pains that sucked around 70 hours now it’s just sleeping enough and I’m now off all my comfort meds. Not sure why it was so much easier this time, maybe it was because detoxing from fet sucks way more and maybe it’s because I had no choice as I had no subs left. Also helps to be below a 1mg stable dose before stopping as I didn’t do than before and failed but I also had the choice to give in and take a sub before and actually I wanted to do that a few times I even dreamed I found a bunch of subs last night. From checking my stable dose could still be between 0.1 and 0.2mg

wait so im on my last m30 then I have 30 x 20mg IR oxy and I will take 100mg before bed and hope that last till the morning and then maybe 80 in the morning and 60 at lunch and 40 at dinner and hopefully none the next day and then subs ... what di you guys think?
Oxy only needs 12-24 hours to induct subs I would take a huge oxy dose that makes you feel comfortable then induct subs in 12-24 hours. Start with 2mg subs or less just to be sure

Updated for accuracy

Last edited:
Oxy only needs 8 hours to induct subs I would take a huge oxy dose that makes you feel comfortable then induct subs in 8 hours. Start with 2mg subs or less just to be sure

Whoa, definitely not. Maybe for you, but for most people that's incredibly dangerous advice. For me, subs 8 hours after oxy would be 10/10 precipitated withdrawals. Maybe fent presses would clear that quickly, never taken one.

Congrats on making it past 100 hours though

I missed the m30 (fentanyl?) part; 72-120 hours to induct your original plan sounds best. Also I did induct 8 hours from oxy ir but it was at 30 mg daily dose but the official site was suggesting 12-24 hours

I found two unopened subs yesterday but I managed to get rid of them. Took 25mg naltrexone and don’t feel any withdrawal so I think I’m officially opioid free… best of luck

In what way? Please explain

Methadone life is easier and vastly, vastly reduces the chance of death compared to using street fent. I never said methadone life was perfect, or without flaws, but it is a better choice than street fent, both short term, and long term.
Methadone life is easier? Yes in the short term but if you are trying to stop using methadone will not help you, methadone doesnt get you high and juat stops you from beind dope sick so if thats your plan then you might as well use bupe to get clean and you wont be dope sick and if you do it correctly you can easily get clean with bupe in a matter of 10 days or 2 weeks. Offcourse its easier to take methadone and that way you wont get sick when you dont have dope but you wont get high easier, it is a short term solution i know many people who have been on
Methadone for years and they are never getting off it because with time it simply becomes too hard.

If you're suffering health consequences like not being able to breath is it because you smoke it?

In my experience life is pretty shitty no matter how good or clean I am or how much I have...but what's even more shitty is being strung out. Some of us may never truly feel happy.

You only have two options

1. A mundane normal boring and maybe depressing life.

2. Rapid decline to oblivion and death using fentanyl
Sorry but your #1 option is neither boring or depressing that only what your mind is telling you what life will be like without drugs,, thats a load of bullshit dude , being freed from active addiction is a blessing that few are ever able to obtain and thats after yrs and even sometimes decades cursed with active addiction, living clean is actually pretty cool and it’s actually scary in the beginning because facing life without a crutch is totally new for us and trust me the clean life is never boring,,,
I had a relapse around 2019 and would trade anything to get my clean life back again but as of now im just keep on keeping on,

Fentanyl is a dead end road that Thatll pretty much end in death simply by take a tiny bit too much, im happy as fuck to be about two weeks fent free with the help of a lot of comfort meds and some opiates,

My rants over and i wish you well and positive energy

Sorry but your #1 option is neither boring or depressing that only what your mind is telling you what life will be like without drugs,, thats a load of bullshit dude , being freed from active addiction is a blessing that few are ever able to obtain and thats after yrs and even sometimes decades cursed with active addiction, living clean is actually pretty cool and it’s actually scary in the beginning because facing life without a crutch is totally new for us and trust me the clean life is never boring,,,
I had a relapse around 2019 and would trade anything to get my clean life back again but as of now im just keep on keeping on,

Fentanyl is a dead end road that Thatll pretty much end in death simply by take a tiny bit too much, im happy as fuck to be about two weeks fent free with the help of a lot of comfort meds and some opiates,

My rants over and i wish you well and positive energy
Sure some ppl find happiness. But I've been to enough NA meetings to meet hundreds of people with many years or decades of clean time that still struggle with depression and negative outlook on life.

Methadone life is easier? Yes in the short term but if you are trying to stop using methadone will not help you, methadone doesnt get you high and juat stops you from beind dope sick so if thats your plan then you might as well use bupe to get clean and you wont be dope sick and if you do it correctly you can easily get clean with bupe in a matter of 10 days or 2 weeks. Offcourse its easier to take methadone and that way you wont get sick when you dont have dope but you wont get high easier, it is a short term solution i know many people who have been on
Methadone for years and they are never getting off it because with time it simply becomes too hard.
Methadone not getting you high is a pro, not a con. It will straighten you out physically so you don't need to get high, at least thats the whole intent

Bupe is usually a better choice, sure, because it is a lighter drug, but only works for people with light habits. Someone slamming a bundle of dope (or fetty especially) a day will not be fixed by subs. Most people with a serious fentanyl analogue habit will need heavy methadone, and nothing less will work.

Recalling staring at the wall doing nothing and being blown away by the sensation despite the nods and etcetera. No other substance that I've personally used allowed me to stare at paint drying and still be completely satisfied with my life while doing nothing at all. That can't be too entertaining for long you know? At least the perpetual boredom of sobriety allows your life to be slightly more interesting than being a blob, though. After 2 months of experiencing it all, my supply permanently ran out and I never really wanted to seek it out after how pleasurable it felt... this might've been around early 2020.
That's funny that you say that. Some 6-7 years ago my father was deep into Heroin use (not fent, we are from Europe), and he said exactly that, that he would smoke some and just be looking at the wall and being satisfied.

So not sure if it's unique from Fentanyl. Maybe just really potent opiates and good batches?