• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Fentanyl and precipitated withdrawal. Input/advice needed

Jmoneymillz740

Greenlighter
Hey y’all. So I just had a good 5 or 6 months clean and fell off the wagon again like an idiot. So disappointed in myself. ive been doing fentanyl dope for 3 or 4 weeks again and desperately want to get back on the right track before it unravels the rest of my life completely. Not being able to talk to anyone about it and keeping it from family and friends and coworkers makes the guilt that much worse, so I’m really glad to have you guys here. Thank you for that.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, here’s what I need input/advice on: the inevitable precipitated withdrawal when inducting bupe front a fentanyl habit. It seems to be inevitable for me at least, having waited 60 hours plus before and still getting violent pwd. As I said I’ve been using again for about a month, it hasn’t been heavy use by any means, keeping it to about a tenth a day until the last week where I’ve been using around a half Gram a day give or take.
I don’t want to be on suboxone maintenance, I just want to use it to taper quickly with as little misery as possible. For the last year or so however, inducting without precip has been impossible no matter how sick I am or how long I wait. So I have a theory on how to over come this.

Theory: wait around 24 hrs, dose 2-4 mg of bupe. This will send me into precipitated withdrawal and all the horrors that come with it. Endure that for a half hour or hour or however long I can before doing a shot to bring me out of the worst of the withdrawal. Then waiting another 24 hours to dose bupe again hopefully more easily as there won’t be any fent built up in my system due to the previous bupe dose. I may have to supplement small doses of fent for another day or two until the bupe can keep me comfortable enough to function. Then of course tapering off of that in a week or so. I suppose this is somewhat similar to the Burnese method in regards to using your full agonist with bupe, but without taking the time to microdose the bupe long enough to avoid precipitated withdrawal and have enough of it in your system to hold you. As I really don’t have the time or resources for that at this point (money for dope etc)

I apologize for the long post, but does anyone have any experience trying anything like this? Or any advice they could give? Even just some encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
thanks y’all, much love -J

Look, fent feels really good. There's no need to beat yourself up or dwell in shame over that lol.

I just wanted to post that fent stays within the system much longer with repeated usage. That's because it lingers in the body tissues from frequent use. Meanwhile, people forget this and assume that because of fent's short half life that they can dose the bupe sooner.

Also some people literally take fent right before a sub an hour or two. No PWD at all for them! I also take subs with kratom and never have gotten into this horrible situation while others might experience PWD from kratom. I just am saying this because bupeponephrine is in actually a wildly complex drug. Everyone's body chemistry and using history is so unique that it's hard to discern for even suboxone doctors to tell patients when to induce the substance (junkies also tend to lie about their use.... lol).

Listen to your body though specifically when it comes to bupe. That's the most important. It seems that your body metabolism from what you've said is incredibly slow when it comes to opioid use. You might want to wait a little bit longer than your intended theory just in case. Suboxone won't always be there for you when it comes to saving yourself from sickness. Plus it isn't an ideal way to live like that. Fent withdrawal is simply too soul wrecking to repeatedly put yourself through it. Once was enough for me. Never again.

Look, fent feels really good. There's no need to beat yourself up or dwell in shame over that lol.

I just wanted to post that fent stays within the system much longer with repeated usage. That's because it lingers in the body tissues from frequent use. Meanwhile, people forget this and assume that because of fent's short half life that they can dose the bupe sooner.

Also some people literally take fent right before a sub an hour or two. No PWD at all for them! I also take subs with kratom and never have gotten into this horrible situation while others might experience PWD from kratom. I just am saying this because bupeponephrine is in actually a wildly complex drug. Everyone's body chemistry and using history is so unique that it's hard to discern for even suboxone doctors to tell patients when to induce the substance (junkies also tend to lie about their use.... lol).

Listen to your body though specifically when it comes to bupe. That's the most important. It seems that your body metabolism from what you've said is incredibly slow when it comes to opioid use. You might want to wait a little bit longer than your intended theory just in case. Suboxone won't always be there for you when it comes to saving yourself from sickness. Plus it isn't an ideal way to live like that. Fent withdrawal is simply too soul wrecking to repeatedly put yourself through it. Once was enough for me. Never again.

Thanks for the reply! Yes the reason I have trouble inducting with fent is the way it lingers after consistent repeated use, similar to thc. The weird thing is, is before fent came on the scene and took over, my body metabolized other opiates (oxy or heroin) very fast. I was always safe to induct after 12-14 hrs with no issues.
What I’m getting at is basically intentionally putting myself in pwd at 24 hours, allowing it to rip the lingering fent out of my system for a half hour or so, and then saving myself from the misery of 48 hrs plus of pwd by doing a single shot of fent which would make it through the small bupe dose. After this induction 24 hours later should go much more smooth. In theory anyway.

Thanks for the reply! Yes the reason I have trouble inducting with fent is the way it lingers after consistent repeated use, similar to thc. The weird thing is, is before fent came on the scene and took over, my body metabolized other opiates (oxy or heroin) very fast. I was always safe to induct after 12-14 hrs with no issues.
What I’m getting at is basically intentionally putting myself in pwd at 24 hours, allowing it to rip the lingering fent out of my system for a half hour or so, and then saving myself from the misery of 48 hrs plus of pwd by doing a single shot of fent which would make it through the small bupe dose. After this induction 24 hours later should go much more smooth. In theory anyway.

This sounds unpleasant and risky in my opinion.. there's got to be a better way to do it. I do find it bizarre how some wait forever and still experience PWD. My theory is that maybe some have more or less natural opiate receptors than others. Also, history of use and what kind of substances used obviously matter. You could always taper off of fent if you measure carefully (I don't know what form your fent comes in but hopefully not street pills). By that point--switch to a weaker opioid like oxycodone or morphine and then induce the subs much later. I think that this method would be a lot less painful. Maybe you want to get it over with quickly but no matter what you do the process will be traumatic and time consuming.

The whole point in my opinion should be to get off fent (if that's what you want), unless you're sure that you can uphold the lifestyle safely. Always remember that heroin is much more dangerous than fent nowadays due to the potency--either barely giving one a buzz or having a high strong enough to kill a whale. There's no telling with opiate addiction where you'll be in 2 years. I know that's scary to read but coming from my own experience one simply CANNOT tell. You might think you know--but time tells all. Don't beat yourself over the relapses. Relapsing on opiates is part of the process to quitting. No man or woman has ever quit opiates without relapsing in the history of mankind unless they completely lose access. It's a feeling too divine to simply quit and never look back ;) However, please always remember to survive the relapses and it seems that you have history and experience so I'm not too concerned. I don't think sobriety has to be black and white either though. Occasionally dabbling in opioids once in a blue moon is not nearly the same as going on benders in and out of withdrawal.

Last edited:
I have heard of this method you describe.. I think its risky. I haven't heard much people using it but it can be tried. Personally I couldn't take PWD for an hour..but as you use less and less fent..and more bupe...those buprenorphine levels will increase and Fentanyl levels with decrese until you no longer feel the fent. And you are at a stable dose of bupe.

If possible though I would keep a few benzo's on hand just in case to help ease the uncomfortableness . I also don't think you should go above 2mg on your initial dose of bupe. Thats enough to precipitate withdrawal.