• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

fentanyl and bezo

doesntmatter

Bluelighter
i've recently acquired a fentanyl patch (100mcg) and was wondering about the association between klonopin and this drug would be. i am planning on taking a 16th of the patch (eaten) alone. but i'm perscribed 1mg klonopin which i take occassionally in the mornings (9am)

from my understanding bezo's enhance the bzd receptors in the GABA portion of the brain which enhances calmness. when using a benzo, would it then be consider somewhat of a depressant? i know fentanyl would be ill adviced to be used with a depressant in the body (i'm not combining them, it'd be well after 6pm (9hrs after taking the klonopin) that i would be taking the 16th of the patch.

my question is, regarding safety, should I not take the klonopin for several days before taking this? or would the amount in the bloodstream be insignificant when it comes to interaction between the two drugs?

also just for my own personal knowledge, i couldn't find an LD50 in humans for fentanyl.

any information would be greately appreciated. thanks.

You should probably abstain from the klonopin for at least several days before the fentanyl to be safe. GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, so pretty much anything that enhances the actions of GABA in the brain will act as a depressant (eg. benzos). Klonopin has a relatively long half life for a benzo (something like 50 hrs) so leaving 9 hours of leeway is not going to ensure enough clearance to prevent an overdose.

i appreciate the information. i only take the klonopin as needed. i can obstain from it, it just makes for an uncomfortable day. any other advice regarding this drug?

i've taken oxycontin at relatively high doses, but that was 2 years ago, and it was for a short period of time. from what i've researched, this is more potent than oxycontin.

its hard to get an exact dosage with a patch, so it'd be a guess as to what a 16th would be. .6 MG is the best i can come up with.

i picked this forum because i respect the people that are capable of responding to most of the threads on here. is there a better way to administer this drug recreationally? not to be more potent but to be more exact and safe. i don't like the fact that its a gel inside this patch. i can't figure a way to measure it better than spreading the gel out evenly as possible and cutting it into pieces.

anyone in the medical feild know if this gel seperates (like oil and water)?

again i'm just trying to be mature about this. i'm an occasional drug user, but have never come across this one, so i need to know the facts, which erowid and google have left me in the wings.

thanks

Probably the best way to divide the dosage up is to find a solvent that the fentanyl is very soluble in and is also relatively non-toxic. Ethanol would be a good idea if it works. You could dissolve the fentanyl in a given quantity of solvent, and then divide up the solvent by volume.

i'll do some more research in the solubility of fentanyl in some solvents. i've tried to find some but from what i can gather is, there is not a tested answer to it really.

the best plan i can come up with is hold off on the klonopin for three days.

test it as a low dose and go up from there.

i found that it is very potent, so i'll start our in very small doses. i'll work my way up from there.

thanks for the input.

Isn't a 16th of a 100mcg patch around 1mg of fentanyl? The duro(not dura)gesic patch I have has 16.8mg of fentanyl. I thought the dosage for fentanyl was a lot lower than 1mg. Just checking and hoping you don't eat way too much at once.

well it says 10MG (100mcg and hour i'm told) for 72hrs. i'll check up on it some more. i'm not rushing into it or anything. like i said i'd rather be safe than sorry. thanks for the replys.

That's the duragesic patch I think. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my durogesic(not gel patch) had 16.8mg of fentanyl. I'll dissolve it in alcohol and put it on some weed or something. But I'll try it in small doses first, like smoke 50-100mcg and work my way up from there. But I have no opiate tolerance and this is the only stuff I'll be getting. I'm sharing it with some friends as well, one of 'm, who does have an opiate tolerance said he felt pleasantly buzzed but not strongly so from 150mcg, so I'll just take it slow.

I also still remember puking for 24 hours when I had to go get my plainticket and everything and took a shitload of oxycodone the night before...

I think there's a good chance the fentanyl is soluble in alcohol. The first on the list on inactive ingredients for Duragesic is alcohol. But then again your preparation could be different.

mine is durogesic, not a gel patch either, just like a big sticker to slap on your arm. I know it'll dissolve in alcohol, I'll have my friends get some alcohol from the chemlab and find out how much to use, then start low and up the dosage.

I'm not expecting anything great though, opiates always kind of sucked for me. Except tramadol, which is weird, because that always sucks for everyone else :|

Making an exact dosage such "1/16th" from the gel in the patch is going to be extraordinarily difficult if not impossible. I think dissolving the gel into solution and working from there is going to be the safest route, especially for someone with very little opiate/opioid experience.

Definitely, I heard that the best method with the gel patches was to either take a tiny amount of gel each time and smoke that untill you got a buzz and work your way up like that, but tiny amounts, or dissolve it all and put it on something to smoke it that way.

That's the way I'm going to use, since there's basically no other way to use mine save slapping it on my arm.

I hear there are some things in the gelpatches that are not too good for the liver when drank though, so smoking it would definitely be the way to go.

Mine, I'm not too sure about, I'll find out before I use it anyway. I was just really pleasantly surprised to see that it had 16.8mg instead of 10. And it's also a 100mcg/hr 72hr patch. Strange though, isn't it? That they should put 70%extra on there, and for what reason exactly? Maybe it's harder to absorb, but would the cost of my patch be so much cheaper that they can actually put 70% more on there and not lose profit?

well the reason it has MORE than 10mg is because these patches work through a concept similiar to osmosis...in which a higher concentration of a substance(in this case FENTANYL)inside the patch moves into a lower concentration of fentanyl under the skin....however, this means that its not perfectly effecient and a fair amount of the fentanyl never makes its way outta the patch! this is why a used patch usually still contains enough fent to get high a few times and why smoking the remaining gel is usually more potent than when using a fresh, newly-opened patch!

hope that helps.

btw i have half a 50ug patch ripped into three pieces soaking underneath my tongue right now....hoping to catch a nice fent buzz but damnt i cant smoke this one like usual because its the freakin MYLAN generic brand that doesnthave a gel reservoir; just a small sticker with the adhesive somehow impregnated with fentanyl. however it works on the same concept of diffusion like the process i mentioned above for the gel-patches(aka duragesics).

well the reason it has MORE than 10mg is because these patches work through a concept similiar to osmosis

Diffusion! - osmosis is a special case of diffusion in action

I want to ask here, especially to you F&B, about shit moving INTO the patches. Is that possible?
If the fentanyl moves from the higher conc of the patch to the lower conc in your body, is it possible for something (virii, etc) to move from the body INTO the patch?
Its really just an idea, but if that was possible, watch out for sharing fentanyl patches or using them after the infected stick them on for 3 days and theres still a little left in the resevoir.

The patch will absorb all the organic compounds that are normally found in sweat (eg urea, pheremones etc), but this will only result in very low concentrations unless you want to waer the patch continuosly for say a year (it;ll also absorb all the chemicals responsible for the smell. At the end of a year you'll have a stench patch!)

Ah. so I guess a disease transmitted by blood wouldn't be a problem then?
I can't think of anything transferred by sweat, so it seems safe to reuse a patch from someone with some funky disease(s)

Unless it's a skin disease like leprosy (sdorry I believe the politically corret nsame these days is Hanson's disease) or its from somebody with less than desirable peronal hygene (eg scabies, any fungal skin disease etc)

Everyone has given great advice but I must chime in since the one and only time I went to the hospital for OD was with fent and benzos. I forgot that I had taken a few xanax the night before to help with my w/ds. The next day I ate an entire 75 patch(which wasn't shit to my tolerence) I fell right out. Good thing I had friends to take me to the ER.

My doctor must be trying to kill me then,i have a bad back,and for the last 2 yrs up untill last week,my doc. perscribed fentanyl patch[50] and i was on kolonipin already[1mg] and i had no problems what soever.Now i'm on oxycotin 80mg tid and diazapam[valium] 5mg tid,and i've been fine.