• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

female DJ's

There was a lovely DJ, who's name I can't quite remember but she played under a name similar to 'micro machine nun' (???) or something... (I could be way off the mark, it was a while ago now)
But... she played at @mosphere one friday night a while back, in the back room, and she CRANKED it. Really good DJ, I'd love to hear her work again.
Aren't there one or two female 'breaks' DJs in Melb as well?
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Big Trancer...
Micro Machine Nun is Simona. U can catch her at the next Braincloud party on april 21st.

Yeah, Bexta's great, when she's playing from Vinyl.
wink.gif

------------------
Fylar
=most legendary, most incomprehensible=

so does the lack of response mean that no-ones heard of DJ Megan??

Simona! I knew it was something like that but I wasn't quite sure of her name. The @mosphere boys told me on the night, but as per usual my non-existant memory for names failed me again
smile.gif
Thanks Melting, I'll definitely have to be there on April 21, she plays a wild set.

Monika Kruse would have to be my favorite female DJ/Producer.
Bexta is nice to look at, but I'm not a fan of cheese by any means.

Monika Kruse would have to be my favorite female DJ/Producer.
Bexta is nice to look at, but I'm not a fan of cheese by any means.

yeah, bextas good, when she's not duping the crowd into thinking that she's playing live, when she's not.
------------------
brisvegas gotta love it
slide beneath the city
Proud Members of B.O.A.R
(Burnt out Association of Ravers)
**It is better to shut your mouth and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt**

Well, I'm a die hard BeXta fan - but if you want to check out some more DJ's go to Miss Behavin on Thursday night (I think it's free entry) Victoria Hotel, 123 Beaconsfield Pde, Albert Park (That is if you live in Melbourne!)
They rotate their female dj's:
Miss DJ, Liz Millar, Pixelton, Toupee, Kate S, Mish, iDes, Jnett, Erica, Katy K, Tiger Lulu, Disko Pussy & Miss Krystal.
------------------
STOMPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

my theory is that dj'ing requires a love of details...getting into the nitty gritty of beats and samples and loops and breaking tracks down, knowing tracks and labels and producers and the recording names of different producers and just generally being a trainspotter.
girls (in general) aren't as turned on my detail as boys (in general). girls (in general) aren't as turned on by technology as boys (in general).
maybe that's why more boys are dj's than girls?
maybe they're not taken seriously by the boy dominated industry either?
btw bexta was good a couple of years ago. she hasn't changed her track selection in that time nor has she learned how to play a 'live' set. DAT tape isn't live!!

bumpity bump..
but apples! you haven't seen beXta play in AT LEAST a year yeah?? surely your comments may be slightly out of date... I think a tripo to Plastic by ME is in order to let ya know..
As for chick DJ's, was it Matt and Kayla FULLY making things go crazy in the silver (d&b bit of the beat-fix room)room at Sublime on Friday night? They were playing some psycho ass jungle, and i think it was Kayla at the helm when we were in there.. whoa.

Leah's better than Bexta any day of the week.
wink.gif

There's also Sveta, Amber Savage, Kate Monroe [who has rocked Cargo for many a year] and Sarah Main doin' it for the chix in Sydders.

Got to agree with Lazer Licker's astute observation recently: "Bexta can't beat mix for shit". Sure her track selection is OK (although dated), but she produces at least one major fuck-up per set. Listen carefully next tine you're at Plastic. Kate Monroe is a technically good DJ although I can't take too much funky house.
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

I've said it once, i'll say it again.. beXta's live stuff is waaaaaay better than her DJ's sets. That is is, (like apple's said)if she actually DOES play live.

im with milkybar. dj sveta.
she plays tech house, and,
'its the kind i like!'
but im way too scared to go to any of the clubs she plays at.
bexta is good. to look at.
smile.gif

kayla isnt but granted she plays wooked choons.

You guys should checkout Fry'd @ Icebox (thursdays), which is in the cross, near bay 33.
Someone said earlier, once a month they got 'femme fatale' which just goes off =]
------------------
<+|Tesi

Sveta has played at every Mardi Gras party for the last 3 or 4 years I think.. would you be scared to go there? teehee
Does she still do a brekkie show on 2SER?