• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Fell for a recovering heroin addict TWICE in a row.

HackYourMind

Greenlighter
The first girl I really clicked with at this party. Had no clue about her history. I kinda developed a bit of a crush on her. I kinda nonchalantly asking my friend about her. He told me not to fuck with her as she used to be a heroin addict. It didn't bother me much, and we eventually became really good friends but that's about it. We met back in Dec 2013. Then we started hanging out from March to April of 2014. She then disappears out of the blue for 6 months. We start hanging out again in October of 2014, then she went to jail in February until May. She got out and we started hanging out regularly again from May to August, then we just kinda drifted apart a tad. I texted her telling her I was going to Washington, she told me to met up with her at this party/rave together. I said goodbye and hugged her after saying goodbye to some other mutual friends.

Anway, I get to Washington. Met this new girl, and kinda fell for her a bit. I already knew she was detoxing, I didn't bother her much. When she started doing better, we started clicking. It was for 5 days, but my friend who I was also staying with kicked her out, and now I'm never going to see her again.

What is wrong with me? I've never touched an opiate yet, yet heroin addicts tend to attract me.

what about them attracts you?

If I had to guess, I might have a bit of white knight syndrome. I'm not that funny/good looking/whatever. But I'm a very reliable person, men and women will tell that about me. Heroin addicts tend to be really needy, so they just kind of attach themselves to me because I'm a helpful guy. And I'm even more helpful when it's a cute girl. I don't get straight used (money, or anything like that) but for small things. Rides, smokes, etc. But they just also love my attention too.

If they're recovering/in recovery and sober, and not actively using and sharing IVs then what's the problem?

Do you have a need or desire to help people? Maybe that's why you gravitate towards people who have addictions?

If they're recovering/in recovery and sober, and not actively using and sharing IVs then what's the problem?

Do you have a need or desire to help people? Maybe that's why you gravitate towards people who have addictions?

It's no problem at all. I just find it odd how I've never been into heroin, but heroin girls gravitate towards me.

i think that's just what you'd call a small coincidence. if it happens again then i'd start questioning it more but if i'm honest when i was using, i did love someone looking after me a bit, whether it be to give me lifts or feed me or look after me in withdrawals or whatever.

if they're not quit or quitting the skag then it's definitely not going to be a good relationship to be in.

I'd say a small coincidence. It's just two people.

And heroin addicts are not all needy.

And heroin addicts are not all needy.

In my experiences, recovering ones usually are, especially if they have no money. They usually ask for smokes and shit to help them recover. Idk. I still don't know why those like me. And that being said, I know it's just two people, however, I rarely get girls, I'm a bit of a lonely loser.

there's gonna be a lot more voids in your life if you pick up heroin, mate. that would be an incredibly silly thing to do, especially since you know addicts. your life gets destroyed really quickly in heroin addiction.

you sound a little bit desperate and lonely. try making some friends and get some hobbies involving other people that you enjoy (try everything) and you're way more likely to stumble upon love than you are currently.

A bit of both. I just want someone who loves me as much as I love them, and someone who loves being around me and misses me when I'm not.

Not having that is killing me, that I'm considering moving to heroin to help deal with the void.

Do not use heroin. It's not going to solve any of your problems or the void in your life, and it will only make things 1,000X worse.

See here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/704633-Should-I-Try-Heroin-MEGAThread-v-1/page41

A bit of both. I just want someone who loves me as much as I love them, and someone who loves being around me and misses me when I'm not.

Not having that is killing me, that I'm considering moving to heroin to help deal with the void.
It will partially fill the void caused by loneliness, but overall, it is not worth it if you live in a prohibitionist country like the USA. A daily habit requires dosing every 6 to 8 hours. But in the USA, for most, it is too expensive, difficult, and dangerous to find it 3 or 4 times a day of consistent quality to keep you going for a multi-year run. If you lose your connection, you will face a week of misery or take a high risk to get more. Thanks to the backwards drug laws, too many end up with a criminal record and debt. Also thanks to the prohibition, quality varies. That alone is the cause of many fatal overdoses.

In my experiences, recovering ones usually are, especially if they have no money. They usually ask for smokes and shit to help them recover. Idk. I still don't know why those like me. And that being said, I know it's just two people, however, I rarely get girls, I'm a bit of a lonely loser.

"In my experience..." Yet your an admited loner whose spoken to 2 heroin addicts in recovery lol

YET ALL HEROIN ADDICTS ARE NEEDY.

Ok den

Last edited:
^
^Comments like this make me think that people are taking the while "heroin addicts are needy" thing too personally..

What is it you want from the guy? I doubt he meant to offend you so don't try and discredit him just because you are sensitive about your addiction.

Maybe you aren't falling for her ion addicts per say, maybe you're just falling for people who are in need that just happen to have been addicted to heroin. I seem to have the same issue with falling for people who are emotionally unstable in some way

^
^Comments like this make me think that people are taking the while "heroin addicts are needy" thing too personally..

What is it you want from the guy? I doubt he meant to offend you so don't try and discredit him just because you are sensitive about your addiction.

Maybe you aren't falling for her ion addicts per say, maybe you're just falling for people who are in need that just happen to have been addicted to heroin. I seem to have the same issue with falling for people who are emotionally unstable in some way

No sensitivity here :)

I just think its bullshit generalizing an entire community of people based on speaking to two addicts

Just how society genealizes drug addicts is usually wrong his generization is comical. If u read a few posts up, im not the only one who commented on that part of his post.

Thanks thoufh p

^

Thank you! I wasn't trying to be a dick.

But yeah. The emotionally stable people, it's like I don't exist to them.

I was on heroin over 10 years, and to the OP I know how needy we are. Regardless what some people might say, myself as well as most of the readers know what you meant. We definitely want someone with money and car around. It just makes things that much easier for the addict. Honestly, I think its a coincidence/appropriate with the way you described yourself. We are needy, and I don't deny it.