View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feeling weird after hallucinogenic

jrussell94

Greenlighter
Hey there I really need some advice/help..

Just over a year ago I smoked what I was told was Artemisia Absinthium. This is what I was told was in the mix - Artemisia Absinthium or wormwood, Leonurus Sibiricus, Althaea Officinalis, Passiflora and Mint. This way my first experience with drugs or smoking anything. I had no idea wormwood has hallucinogen properties. I did this with a friend who was fine after it. I had an extremely bad experience! The first smoke I was fine didn't think anything was happening but i decided to take more. The second time I inhaled as much as I could and preceded to hold my breath for as long as possible to get a good hit. When I exhaled nothing came out. I lay down and felt fine, then I got up. When I stood up my vision when white, I couldn't see anything or remember anything for a while. I didn't know where I was. I didn't even know I was alive. Eventually when I could see again time seemed warped, everything was blurry and moving. I though I was trapped in a time loop the same thing kept happening over and over again. I thought I was in hell, everything was moving so slowly but I was trying to speed it up by trying to move faster. I was extremely tense, my temperature was extremely high and I was sweating profusely. My heart was beating very fast. I immediately thought "I have done something to my brain". I even looked for a knife to stab myself I felt so bad I just wanted it to end. It nearly felt like an out of body experience. The most intense bit lasted for an hour then It started to ware off but even then I still felt spaced out as if everything was still moving. The whole next day I felt the same, like everything was surreal and dream like. I had a very sore head and just felt spaced out
It got a bit bitter after that but felt the same symptoms on and off the couple days after .

Ever since that night I just haven't felt quite right. I get dizziness ( kind of spinning its a strange dizziness not really like being drunk ) . I get really bad headaches and I never used to get them before u took this . I have Foggy headspace. I can't concentrate on things for anything length of time. I feel discontented from my body and reality like I'm not really here. Disorganisation of thoughts. Disorientation of time and space. I get confused very easy and can't remember things. It's a real struggle at times and gets me down. It come and goes sometimes I feel ok and other times terrible. I like going to sleep when I feel like this because I can escape it . When I have to address things or think about stuff I get sore heads - On my temples just up in front of my ears , on the back and top of my head.. Generally all over. I just feel very surreal like this is all fake and I'm not really here .

It scared me that I'm still feeling like this over a year after smoking it. I don't know if it's just the experience itself has scare me or there is a medial reason to why I am feeling like this . I know it could be paranoia and anxiety but I've never felt like this before I took this stuff . Could it be a chemical imbalance in my brain? I really need advice and help on what to do

Thanks Jamie

Sounds to me like you got some sort of synthetic cannabis. Those herbs alone are incredibly unlikely to produce strong intoxication and all the signs and symptoms match up with ingestion of a large amount of cannabinoids (paranoia, racing thoughts, postural hypotension, feeling burnt out afterwards) etc.

Unless you actually blended the herbs yourself by hand, there is a very good chance this is another typical synthetic cannabinoid overdose. Herbs like that are known constituents of the herbal base of stuff like K2/Spice. However it is actually a total mystery what you took; there are easily more than a dozen synthetic THC mimics and unless you keep samples of the original material you won't be able to tell after the fact.

You may wanna do some searching on other people who have had problems with synthetic cannabinoids, this is actually a common "war story" and you are far from the only one dealing with it.