Feeling shame, opiate addict

You are such an awesome positive person Drew, I hope you know how special you are, and how much you contribute to people here.

Love you,
your friend,
Ash.

Thanks Ash! Honestly I couldn't imagine bluelight without you, I'm so blessed to call you a friend!

Guns, you are doing amazingly great! This will be over soon. And then do me and especially yourself a favor, don't look back. Move on with your new life... Your wife, daughter, and you, deserve it!

I honestly feel the same way about you, not a lot of people truly have your back and will stand with you and fight when things go sideways. I got your back my friend.

Love,
Ash.

Thanks Ash! Honestly I couldn't imagine bluelight without you, I'm so blessed to call you a friend!

Guns, you are doing amazingly great! This will be over soon. And then do me and especially yourself a favor, don't look back. Move on with your new life... Your wife, daughter, and you, deserve it!

Thanks guys, today was a ok day, personally feel good but had to play mediator with kids n wife ugh , family meeting lol went well and talked everybody down off the proverial ledge haha.

O and its been 20 days since ive taken a vicodin (or any pain pill) still find that im a bit edgy but its not too bad, im down to .5 clonodine and .5 ativan every 8 hours , next week im to use same dose but go 12 hours, which really i can do that now but i dont think i can go completely without them, i was really hoping to be done with them already but guess im told i need to wean down

The longer you can make it between doses now will make the next step down(from 8hrs to 12hrs) a lot easier, and ultimately make the transition off meds completely a lot smoother. Sort of like going down the handicap ramp instead of the stairs. It's really hard to force yourself to do because you have to get comfortable with the fact your not going to be very comfortable until probably a little while after you are done with this. But this discomfort is nothing compared to full on benzo wd.

How's everything else going? Have you returned back to work?

Mafioso, no im taking a few months off until a big hospital project takes off in my area, i guess im stuggling with the fact that ive come off needing one pill to now feeling like i need these ones now, its like taking one evil over another evil (thats how im playing it in my mind) today is day 21 no vicodin btw

Hi GS,
Popping in to say I'm proud of you!! 21 days is amazing!!! How are you feeling today??? New Years plans??

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Hi ash!!!!!!! I always just have a little party for the kids here at home with sparkling grape juice :) . I do it every year for them. Wife and i would rather party with the children than go out. How bout you ,plans? And thank you, i feel ok, most of my aniexity seems to be in my stomach past few days.
Your very greatful friend
George

Mafioso, no im taking a few months off until a big hospital project takes off in my area, i guess im stuggling with the fact that ive come off needing one pill to now feeling like i need these ones now, its like taking one evil over another evil (thats how im playing it in my mind) today is day 21 no vicodin btw

Nice, that's probably the best thing you could do tbh. The withdrawals are pretty rough on their own, let alone having to deal with added stress from work.

To be honest, it seems like a lot of the opioid withdrawals were masked by the comfort meds you were taking. Comfort meds aren't bad, but this is one of the problems that arises with their use. The withdrawal can't be completely avoided, as far as I understand, only minimized. As terrible as it is, withdrawal is an important phase of the healing process to go through. By masking the withdrawal with other substances, your body never has a chance to adapt back to "normal" or no drugs, instead it adapts to the comfort meds.

Unfortunately, at this point getting off the Ativan will probably only become more difficult which is why I keep stressing to start the taper as soon as possible, and only take what you absolutely can not go with out. Take advantage of your situation, and accept that you are in the process of healing so you won't be 100%, and some days you might not even be 50%. It's ok if you can't do all the things you normally do.. this state isn't permanent.

It can be really confusing when trying to get off meds like Ativan, and I'd assume alpha/beta blockers are fairly similar. With Ativan/benzos, you'll start progressively feeling worse and worse- a world ending type of worse feeling, until the withdrawal peaks at around 5-10 days, at which point you'll slowly start feeling better/less shitty, until probably maybe 1-2 months later where you'll start to feel normal once again. It's so hard to convince yourself that what you are doing is ultimately for the best, despite what seems like glaring evidence to the contrary.

The good news is that recovery can and does happen if you allow it. Similar to how you thought you'd never be happy without opiods but you proved yourself wrong, the same can happen with the current meds youre taking.

Don't downplay the progress you have made either. It may not seem entirely obvious but going from catching an opioid habit that was spiraling out of control, and before it really destroyed your life, to taking comfort meds on a regulated basis with plans to taper and quit. That is major progress. The finish line may seem really far off, but look at how far you have come. I believe you can go further even if those final steps are the hardest. I hope you can start to believe in yourself as well. Try to be proud of the fact that you are addressing the problem rather than shaming yourself for having it to begin with.

I'm gonna start off by saying that I used to drink everyday for about 15 years. My last day drinking was May 2nd 2012. I'm going on 7 years this May of no alcohol. Every single New Year's Eve I think about how blessed I am that I no longer have to deal with embarrassing myself with millions of blacked out incidents and hangovers. Every single time that I drank I could not stop until I passed out. I just knew I would die from alcohol related incident. But not anymore. I think it's completely awesome and amazing that you spend New Year's Eve with the fam bam. Thank you for being a wonderful father bro. Also, I sent you a friend request. Enjoy your New Year's Eve with the fam.

Thanks drew! Feel good today except upset stomach which seems to be a consistant thing every morning now since i quit vicodin but o well, n yes id rather b home with my beautiful wife and children than out at some bar, its memories they will always have that daddy made special parties just for us instead of going out, i do a super bowl party just for them too, all about priorities :) hope you have a safe happy new year drew!
Ash,,,, i would like to wish you a happy healthy new year as well,
Both your friend
George

Hey GS,

Stopping by here to say I am so proud of you, and to wish you and your lovely family a very Happy New Year!!

Hope you're having a great day George!!!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.
Happy-New-Year-Wallpaper.jpg

Happy New Year George, so proud of you!!!!

your friend,
Ash.
Happy-new-year.jpg

You are doing awesome... wow! Happy New Year to you and everyone! It's going to be an awesome year full of joy and optimism! 2019... Here I come puto!

Happy New Year to you Drew!!!

I hope it's your best ever, because you're the best!!

Love,
Ash.

You are doing awesome... wow! Happy New Year to you and everyone! It's going to be an awesome year full of joy and optimism! 2019... Here I come puto!

How's the New Year treating you so far GEORGE?

You doing ok? I'm really proud of you.

Hugs and Happy New Year to you and yours.

your friend,
Ash.

Awww thank you ash!!!! Im doing well ,hope you are too :) sending huge hug
George

Happy New Year to you Drew!!!

I hope it's your best ever, because you're the best!!

Love,
Ash.

Happy New Year Ash! Let's make 2019 a good one! I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more... You are amazing Ash! Thank you for being my friend!

Thank you sweetheart. Blessed to have a friend as good as you Drew, thanks!!!

Here for you always,
your friend,
Ash.

Happy New Year Ash! Let's make 2019 a good one! I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more... You are amazing Ash! Thank you for being my friend!

Thsnks ash, im doing well but about to be tested, my wife had knee surgery yesterday and i hafta go get the pain meds here in 20 minutes but i showed them that the script is for 30 pills and ill want her to count them when i get home to show i didnt stray, just putting a safeguard on myself